Film Avatar: The Way of Water

Parma Dewol

Finally got around to watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hadn’t been to the cinema in years but thought this would warrant a big screen. It didn’t disappoint and the three and a half hours flew by.

A visual feast and proper blockbuster.

M15 Red.

Finally got around to watching this and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hadn’t been to the cinema in years but thought this would warrant a big screen. It didn’t disappoint and the three and a half hours flew by.

A visual feast and proper blockbuster.
Brilliant on 3D Imax for sure. Viewed on any other medium and I can imagine it being more painful than a wank into a full salt and vinegar Pringles tube.

Parma Dewol

Was tempted by the 3D option but passed. Usually gives me headache plus 2D is cheaper.

The scene where the Tulkan mother was hunted was brutal viewing. Particularly when this theme kicks in:

James Horner will be sorely missed but whoever scored the sequel did an excellent job.

Been so many disappointing big-budget movies in recent years. Nice to enjoy one for a change.

Bole Top

this is how you do a blockbuster. I watched the original right after it came out and never again after that, as it was "just" a perfect blockbuster to me as well, probably because it felt normal back in 2009. to have Avatar, Moon, Star Trek, District 9 , Watchmen etc. in single year.

but watching this during the weekend really got me thinking how rare it actually is to have someone like Cameron putting all that effort just that you can feel good after watching it. that is the main goal after all - you sit 2 or 3 hours so obviously you have to feel good during the watch, someone has to make sure it actually happen, you know. but how often do we really enjoy?

tbh, it's part of the reason why I never understood GOT haters, especially these days. I rarely feel someone actually bothers (as much as Cameron anyway) about me enjoying the stuff they release. it feels so refreshing seeing a movie like this and actually reminding yourself what the whole point is.

Sylar

Finally watched this. I missed the IMAX experience as I was away during the screenings and it was not available when I could attend. I was hoping it would return or similar but ended up watching at home.

Think watching in the cinema would have been better, had to watch in two sittings. Visuals were good but feel it would have been excellent like the first in 3d. Movie itself was ok but watching at home you could really feel it being long.

Also was surprised at how much violence it had. Dont think I'd ever watch again unless there was a iMax type experience available at Cineworld (Maybe before the third movie).

cafecillos

Watched this after all this time. Plot-wise, I was expecting nothing and still felt disappointed. Over 3 hours and they didn't have time to address the aftermath of Neytiri holding a knife to Spider's throat? The least said about the dialogues, the better. The only actor playing a main character to not be in "avatar" form most/all the movie was absolutely atrocious. The only positive thing I can say is that it looked fairly impressive at times, and some scenes felt like a genuine step forward in terms of visual FX, although I noticed it wasn't a consistent thing during the movie and some other moments looked a bit ropey considering budget and that the whole fecking point of this saga is to look amazing. I enjoy sci-fi nonsense as much as anybody, but this was too dumb even for me.