g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Avatar: The Way of Water

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
wee=small
potent edible=weed infused chocolate
Haha, I got the first one dude, I was being an eejit.

The second :lol: - she’s a keeper PM! Enjoy, I had to make do with revels cos I was with my kids! I really must try this method again, much sneakier and less noticeable than blazing up in the cinema!

Last edited:

Sweet Square

Am going at 7pm. Full IMAX/3D experience. On my own (wife thinks this makes me a weirdo). Have packed a wee bag with cinema snacks, a tasty drink and a potent edible. Christmas has come early in this house :D
One of the most underrated things there is to do. No worrying about anyone else, no waiting around or having to interact with other people, just pure vibes. It’s brilliant tbh.

Sweet Square

Best way to see a film.
Yes dude, agreed!
It’s just so stress free and let’s you focus on the movie. If I go to see a film(especially one I’ve recommended)there’s always a worry that the other person/people will hate it.

Remember watching Once Upon Time in Hollywood on a random afternoon and had the whole screening to myself. It was mint.

Oldyella

One of the most underrated things there is to do. No worrying about anyone else, no waiting around or having to interact with other people, just pure vibes. It’s brilliant tbh.
Watch what you want, when you want. Can't beat it.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Ok. That was great. I’d forgotten how well they designed all the alien flora and fauna. For the underwater scenes they really went to town and it looked incredible. The Dances with Whale sub-plot was a bit iffy and it did drag in parts but generally romped along nicely. I’ve seen plenty of films an hour shorter that felt longer. The action scenes were superb. Especially when water got involved. And the interactions between humans and 8 foot blue aliens were all smooth as butter. Would definitely recommend the whole 3D IMAXX experience (edibles a bonus)

CallyRed

It really is.
I mean it's actually pointless going to watch a film with someone at a cinema.

Jam

Had some of my best cinema experiences alone. I’d kill to see The Raid 2 with the theatre to myself again.

CallyRed

On the going to the cinema alone thing. What do you do when the cinema is half empty and you have to sit right beside another lone cinema-goer? The only two occupied seats in the whole row. That was awkward as feck.
Get up and go to the toilets.
Come back to a different seat.

Andy_Cole

Fantastic movie. We actually watched avatar 1 again for the first time in like 10 years, and thought it was pretty shite. I guess it’s not aged well. We almost cancelled avatar 2 but persisted. It was a spectacle.

Ewww...

On another note, salt and sweet popcorn ftw
I’ve yet to find anywhere that does salt & sweet like coles (Cobs Lightly Salted, Slightly Sweet), probably the thing I miss most about living in Aus.
Bought tickets for the missus as a lil xmas present for Tuesday, decided to skip IMAX and do the 4DX Cinema, hope it’s not something I live to regret.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Ok. That was great. I’d forgotten how well they designed all the alien flora and fauna. For the underwater scenes they really went to town and it looked incredible. The Dances with Whale sub-plot was a bit iffy and it did drag in parts but generally romped along nicely. I’ve seen plenty of films an hour shorter that felt longer. The action scenes were superb. Especially when water got involved. And the interactions between humans and 8 foot blue aliens were all smooth as butter. Would definitely recommend the whole 3D IMAXX experience (edibles a bonus)
Is it proper 3D like the first movie like you're in it

Smores

If I hated the first will I enjoy this? Anyone been converted?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Is it proper 3D like the first movie like you're in it
I would say better as he has varied shots some of which put you right into those environments. You can tell he's showing off at points, there's no other film doing this with 3D.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The shots that impressed me most were when the camera (!) tracks up through the water and breaks the surface. The 3D was spot on in these bits and there were a quite a few of them, they knew how good that looked :)

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The shots that impressed me most were when the camera (!) tracks up through the water and breaks the surface. The 3D was spot on in these bits and there were a quite a few of them, they knew how good that looked :)
Plus the coral and kelp forest scenes. Apparently Cameron is big into marine wildlife and it shows. I kept on getting distracted from the main action by getting absorbed with interesting sea creatures flitting round the margins.

The whole scene when they had to escape from the ship while it was slowly capsizing/sinking was bonkers too. So well done.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah that scene specifically @Pogue Mahone, and the ones where you get a brief over the shoulder (video game style) camera. Also when you get a scene in a tight space like a submersible it feels claustrophobic and your sat there in a massive IMAX theatre FFS. Kudos Cameron, Kudos...

RepardReece

Bolded is the first thing I said to my mate as we left the cinema. This flew by, really didn't feel like the gigantic length it was. Kudos to James Cameron for that as you really get immersed into the world he's created. I went for the whole 3D IMAX thing as well and it was well worth it, only films I've ever watched in 3D have been Avatar 1 and now the second.

Last edited:

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I thought the 3D was excellent! The depth was outstanding and it made the film much more visually appealing.
Maybe it was becasue I was sat at the side it didn’t seem as good. I saw Fury Road sat right in the middle in 3D and that was one of best cinematic experiences I’ve had.

wangyu

While I haven't seen it I never doubted Cameron to come up with something super spectacular. It's going to be another billion dollar movie from him.

RedDevilRoshi

Seen this last night in IMAX 3D. Visually very stunning like the first one. Story was decent. Only real major gripe was that it was way too long. Too many filler scenes.

Overall would give it a 8/8.5 out of 10.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Film was intended for 3D IMAX; feel you're missing out if you don't view it the way it was intended to be viewed.

It's a visual spectacle and a massive leap on anything that's gone before, just as the first one was.

Suv666

The plot was shite but so fecking gorgeous. The underwater scenes were incredible it felt like Planet Earth on steroids.

Also liked the climate change and harmony with nature themes Cameron was going for.

Much better than the first one, in all aspects.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
went in slightly skeptical, was smugly cynical 1.5 hours in (despite the visuals), but an hour later i was loving it, cheered a beautiful amputation :lol: