Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shield

Another big test for him. Looking at that lineup think we will end up doing a lot of hoofing and the ball will come at our defense again and again. Hope he is up for it.

Icemav

Awful decision to play him CM. The second start of your career and you're playing away at Spurs and against 2 solid strong CMs in Wanyama and Dier.
Has he really been that bad? Yes it was a ridiculous team selection but Rooney, Smalling, Carrick and a few others have been anonymous or worse.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think the experience will do him the world of good. Unfortunately though its the position I've wanted to see TFM get a chance in.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Has he really been that bad? Yes it was a ridiculous team selection but Rooney, Smalling, Carrick and a few others have been anonymous or worse.
I didn't say he was bad but we got overrun in CM, wasn't his fault as Spurs midfield is arguably the best in the league so it was never going to be easy.

Just seems an odd decision to play a young lad out of position on only his send start for the team.

That's why I think it was a poor decision to play him CM.

khoazany

I didn't say he was bad but we got overrun in CM, wasn't his fault as Spurs midfield is arguably the best in the league so it was never going to be easy.

Just seems an odd decision to play a young lad out of position on only his send start for the team.

I think the plan is to let him man marking Erikssen but the midfield get overrun too much thanks to Carrick and Rooney that he ended up everywhere.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I think the plan is to let him man marking Erikssen but the midfield get overrun too much thanks to Carrick and Rooney that he ended up everywhere.
If that was the plan he did it badly!

Jose playing him CM was a strange choice.

Ban

I think he had a decent game in CM.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
We had to give Herrera a break so not much choice left in midfield tbf.
Jones or Blind would make more sense imo. Axel looked completely lost at times which was to be expected tbh. Looked to man mark Eriksen but only half the time. Just hope Jose doesn't use this as some excuse to say Axel isn't ready.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We had to give Herrera a break so not much choice left in midfield tbf.
Not disputing that and to reiterate my initial post, I'm not criticising him. More the tactics and the decision to play him CM I thought were strange. I think it would have been better to have Jones in CM (no, really :D) as at least he's used to it and would have allowed AT to play a more familiar position given it's a tough game anyway.

I don't think he had a bad game. As above :)

Web of Bissaka

Did fine, did his best to man mark the floating Eriksen imo.

Not easy since even without Eriksen, Spurs midfielders are still fast and flowing, getting past us with ease.

I like his performance, he was composed and try to move the ball forward at times and play the simple short passess forward.

I guess by standard, not a good performance but the experiences playing against 2 top teams so far will do good for him.

;)Can't complain his performance today, didn't do much wrong, it's the seniors mistakes twice that lead to the two goals.

Acole9

Outstanding
It's hard for the lad, playing in a position he clearly isn't comfortable in. We probably would've been better off playing him at right back and putting Jones or Bailly in his role.

LLMU

He did alright considering he has Rooney and Carrick for company in midfield which aren't the fastest legs around.

MadMike

There's a difference between saying that you won't judge him because of mitigating factors (tough game, played out of position, weak team put out) and saying he did decently.

He was part of a midfield that got badly overrun till he got subbed off for Herrera and (maybe because Spurs took the foot of the gas too) things started to balance out. He didn't offer much defensively and obviously nothing at all in possession. Did he do something positive to call it a decent performance?

I'm not blaming him. I simply don't judge him based off this game at all. Mourinho just wanted to put a body out there, anyone really, just to rest Pogba and Herrera. It's a shame that Tuanzebe's two starts have been in difficult away games that Mourinho had already given up on. But such is life.

Murray3007

thought he done well in both games considering more so the Arsenal game, still cant see why you would not play him at CB and put Jones in CM to mark Eriksen,

Southampton 0:0 Man Utd

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Really calm in possession, makes the right decisions and isn't afraid to go forward. Looks much more comfortable in midfield than the last time around.

khoazany

Delighted to see him getting more minutes but honestly watching him playing Fellani role with Fellani playing Pogba's is a bit mundane.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Really calm in possession, makes the right decisions and isn't afraid to go forward. Looks much more comfortable in midfield than the last time around.
In the space of a week, seems to have learnt a lot from last performance.

Looks at home already. I really like the look of him, wanted him to go on loan for a year but he deserves minutes with the first team tbh looks a serious talent.

Perfect blend of good footballing brain, quick feet, athletic. Reminds me of a certain Dutchman in terms of style.

With him it will be all between the ears if he goes on to make it.

Last edited:

kundalini

He has looked better in possession than I expected. Decent shot that got blocked in the first half. Did seem a bit lost in midfield at times, unsure where he was meant to be positioned.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Can't fault the start to his pro career here. Especially in some unfamiliar roles already. Promising stuff.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Its very good for his development to get these games at the end of the season. Hopefully he can get some games in the cup and as a rotation option next season.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He obviously has no idea where to position himself to receive the ball when in midfield, but he's decently calm when he has it. Made one or two good runs, but otherwise not a performance that you'd be happy with from a central midfielder. Of course, he isn't a central midfielder so that's understandable.

Jonno

Good game from the kid, he did well.

We need some serious investment in midfield though, Fellaini and Tuanzebe being our midfield will never control a game. Obviously Carrick Hererra and Pogba were all missing but we need more quality in depth.

Jacko21

I'd say he doesn't look out of place... but the way we're playing at the moment, that might not be a good thing.

In all seriousness though, he really does look comfortable in the first team.

It'd be great for him to be utilised more next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Definitely not a natural midfielder but he's showing great signs so far.

I wanted him to be loaned but perhaps he will get plenty of game time next year, just depends who else we sign I guess.

Sylar

Happy hes getting minutes. Hope it continues next season even if its RB (like against Arsenal) or better yet, at CB when needed. Dude doesnt flinch or panic in possession

MadMike

He doesn't panic in possession, if he keeps developing he might become a very decent ball playing CB. Midfield is not for him though, his passing is very simple and his movement limited.

Happy he's getting minutes though I'd like to see him in CB to see how he fairs there. I don't recall seeing him in CB this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.