Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Could never have bought him on . With Pogba getting injured after and if Burnley had scored to make it 2:1 world have been far to risky
I think the opposite. Rashford's was a pointless sub. I get bringing Lingard off but we had options to shift the team around without bringing on Marcus. Young or Felliani could have moved forward for example. Fosu-Mensah, Shaw and Tuanzebe would have been ideal substitutions (in that order).

Bwuk

Think we should give him a chance against Swansea. Assuming Jose wants to rest Carrick for Celta Vigo, due to how limited our midfield options are it looks like either Rooney plays there or Blind moves forward into midfield.

cyberman

Yep, I think he's playing on Sunday.
Fellaini's red has more or less ensured he'll play v Celta so Carrick can play v Swansea as well.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I think Jose's desperate for a comfortable lead or game so he could play TFM or can play Axel.

prath92

He is inexperienced and isn't particularly tall from what I see so it's not difficult to see why he wasn't preferred. At least darmian is an experienced defender

Bruno8

Dont know why Jose cant risk it and play him. LvG played rookie defenders like CBJ, McNair,James and they did well. He forgets that thats how Marcus got his chance

M Bison

Supports
York City
I dont think Jose wanted to risk him. He knew the squad was shot and that Swansea were much sharper and fresher and that it was unfair to risk an academy player looking bad in this specific match. (just an assumption).
Could well be the case and isn't unreasonable in fairness.

And risk another cb?
Doubt that, would make no sense to or bring on a player just because he's the only one left who can play a position. The earlier would be more realistic.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He shouldn't be played just because he's young or because he's academy player. He's inexperienced, not great in the air and hasn't played in a competitive game with any of those players around him. Throwing him in today's circumstances would've been very risky. Defense is good when it works as a unit. Individual qualities are not all that matters.

shield

Darmian and Blind in CB while he sits on the bench. Time to go to Juventus:D

DeOddi

If he can´t be trusted even if all our centre-backs are injured, then he should have been sent out on loan. Wasted season for him, just like Fosu-Mensah.

Crashoutcassius

Anyone who thinks fergie should have played Pogba CM the game rafael played there but doesn't think we should play tuanzebe with all these injuries and darmian playing CB ... how do you reconcile that difference in opinion? Is it biased because pogba became so good, rather than actually being good at the time?

lsd

The Oracle
If he can´t be trusted even if all our centre-backs are injured, then he should have been sent out on loan. Wasted season for him, just like Fosu-Mensah.
Sorry but that's nonsense he is 18/19 and spent my the season training and travelling with the first team.. That's been invaluable

People continue to buy into this Jose didn't trust youngsters myth the way it season is going Jose can only pay the players he had complete faith in and Axel is on the way to getting there but not even close to it yet.

You simply cannot take stupid chances when every game is so vital .. When Axel gets in and he will he will be ready and that's because of this season

Mike09

It's not a good idea to play him alongside Blind in pair today especially that Swansea wasn't just parking the bus but actually threats to our defense. Darmian is obviously safe option in that kind of situation even though he's not good enough, while Tuanzebe will likely be prone errors compared to Darmian, and Blind isn't Rio or Vidic.

Still hope to see him play next game in back three though.

Web of Bissaka

Wow, door to him playing is opening wider and wider.

Current available defensive selections:
Valencia---????---Blind---Young

Subs: Darmian, Carrick?, Tuanzebe, Mourinho.
Darmian could play in all the four positions. I highly doubt Carrick would be deployed there at CB, because of our limited options in midfield, so higher chances Tuanzebe... and Mourinho to play.;)

Web of Bissaka

It's not a good idea to play him alongside Blind in pair today especially that Swansea wasn't just parking the bus but actually threats to our defense. Darmian is obviously safe option in that kind of situation even though he's not good enough, while Tuanzebe will likely be prone errors compared to Darmian, and Blind isn't Rio or Vidic.

Still hope to see him play next game in back three though.
Agree with those statement. Personally, I want him to play tbh, but I understand it's a big risk to play him against Swansea.

Next game, it's high likely he'll be deployed in a CBs of three, partnering up with Blind and either Carrick/Darmian. That or Fellaini is back in midfield helping the two CBs.

Loublaze

ATLien
Anyone who thinks fergie should have played Pogba CM the game rafael played there but doesn't think we should play tuanzebe with all these injuries and darmian playing CB ... how do you reconcile that difference in opinion? Is it biased because pogba became so good, rather than actually being good at the time?
He was a better option than Rafael even at that time. He already made a few eye catching cameos in the league cup

Crashoutcassius

He was a better option than Rafael even at that time. He already made a few eye catching cameos in the league cup
well I think tuanzebe is a better option than darmian now. I'm saying that the two situations are very similar. I watched pogba a few times before that match btw and actually those performances weren't particularly eye catching. He was clearly a talent, thats why we signed him, but it wasn't a certainty that he would be better than rafael as you're suggesting.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
well I think tuanzebe is a better option than darmian now. I'm saying that the two situations are very similar. I watched pogba a few times before that match btw and actually those performances weren't particularly eye catching. He was clearly a talent, thats why we signed him, but it wasn't a certainty that he would be better than rafael as you're suggesting.
Erm, not sure you were close to the situation then. Pogba was the best midfielder we'd seen in the youth setup in a decade, in the previous season had carried us to a great FAYC victory and is, you know, a central midfielder. He'd also played a few times for the first team, and actually looked excellent on the right against someone (can't remember). Rafael had never played in the centre as far as I can remember.

I'm not sure I ever remember seeing so much expectation about a youth player breaking into the first team. Why do you think Juventus signed him ffs?!

Tuanzebe is several levels down from Pogba at the same period. And Darmian is actually a defender.

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't think your memory is serving you right but maybe you just didn't see in Pogba what other United fans did. I don't get the Rafael comparison unless you're talking in general terms. Pogba was definitely the better option in midfield

Playing well so far. Great chest control on that crossfield pass.

Litch

You can see why there's hype around this lad.....

Ephrem

Jose was so true when he said about realising tuanzbe's potential in 10 minute's. I think he is really good.

Note: As of matter of fact most of our youngsters thrown into first team looks really good in the last two years!!

khoazany

Would like to see him being a bit less reserved but understandable when you have to marked Sanchez and your support is Mata, Jones and Smalling.

3KDré

Didn't really notice he was on the pitch, which I suppose is a good thing.

johanovic

A very solid start for a young boy and he´s clearly got a lot of talent plus impressive strenght and pace. Glad to see Mourinho give him a chance and Mourinho does not do that a lot so he must be impressed by Tuanzebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.