g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike09

After Blind's performance, he might deserve a shot...
Only if he plays with the prime Vidic or Rio. At the moment is a crucial period which we are not allowed to lose points, playing a very young and a teenager as our pair centre back are huge risk. I can't see it happens.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yea he isn't currently better than Blind. Blind was very good last season and Axel has been less than stellar in the u23s recently. He should go on loan next season.

khoazany

Yea he isn't currently better than Blind. Blind was very good last season and Axel has been less than stellar in the u23s recently. He should go on loan next season.
I'd say Axel is better than Jones was last season for the U23s. Of course that doesn't mean much but you don't need him to look like Maldini there to be useful for the first team.

Blind will play but I think Axel will get some minutes because Blind doesn't look like the type of defender Mourinho trusts at CB.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I'd say Axel is better than Jones was last season for the U23s. Of course that doesn't mean much but you don't need him to look like Maldini there to be useful for the first team.
That was what maybe one game Jones played? And I'm not saying he isn't useful or wouldn't do good but it's just simply ridiculous to make statements like he is better than Blind when Blind had a good season at CB last year and Axel has done nothing at senior level and is putting out mixed performances in the u23s. Could he and will he become better than Blind, maybe. He is a great talent and even already a good player but come on. I may as well say Angel Gomes is better than Lingard or Fellaini or whoever.

Falcao was also probably the worst player I've ever seen in the reserves. He is still better than them.

Bojan11

Only if he plays with the prime Vidic or Rio. At the moment is a crucial period which we are not allowed to lose points, playing a very young and a teenager as our pair centre back are huge risk. I can't see it happens.
Like I said in another thread.

Maybe 3-5-2 with Bailly as the middle CB to protect him and Blind. With the top quality teams we got coming up I'm not feeling confident with Blind.

Last edited:

khoazany

Like I said in another thread.

Maybe 3-5-3 with Bailly as the middle CB to protect him and Blind. With the top quality teams we got coming up I'm not feeling confident with Blind.
If we play 3 at the back probably Fosu-Mensah is a more suitable option than Tuanzebe.

That was what maybe one game Jones played?
5 games. And he was destroyed by Abraham.

Last edited:

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I just think that it maybe the good time to play him, really.

We're short of defenders and with Rojo out till the end of the season (if it's a knee sprain), Smalling (it's seems to be a knee sprain without ligament damage and if he started running in the pool he won't be here till 3 weeks to me), and Jones always out, we really have to play him because we may need him when it's really matter in Europa League now.

I know that Burnley are not Madrid, but he may play in a 3 men defense, but I do think that he needs to play

Web of Bissaka

He's the third choice currently after Bailly and Blind, in that order, ever since Smalling, Jones, and recently Rojo are out.

Bailly and Blind can't play all the remaining games, I bet Tuanzebe will be given more gaming times.

:keano: Take the chances well and join the regulars.

Bojan11

Not the time to blood him in. We need experience in these last 10 games.
One injury to Bailly or Blind and we screwed. He needs to play some part because we might have to end up playing him.

podurban2

Saw him heavily involved in one of the training ground videos. Not that I know if that really matters, but it can't be bad for him to feel included in the group. Not the best time for a young player to be called upon, but I look forward to seeing him play (depending on Rojo's injury).

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"Now we need absolutely everyone," Mourinho said. "Now I even have to think Axel Tuanzebe goes to the under-something World Cup in Korea because maybe Axel has to come now. Now we need everybody."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think Axel has a lot of potential, our brightest CB talent in ages but now is absolutely not the time to be blooding him. It's a crucial time for us and a lot of responsibility to be putting on his shoulders, especially when his partner doesn't exactly have a tonne of experience himself.

JG3001

Wouldn't be a bad idea to stick him on the bench and hopefully stick him in if we're comfortably winning a game. Yes, I do realise "comfortable" and "winning" isn't exactly United's forte at the moment.

johanovic

I think he would do ok and the youngsters did not do to badly last season did they?

khoazany

I think Axel has a lot of potential, our brightest CB talent in ages but now is absolutely not the time to be blooding him. It's a crucial time for us and a lot of responsibility to be putting on his shoulders, especially when his partner doesn't exactly have a tonne of experience himself.
It's always very tough to break through as a club like us and as heavy the responsibility is, there couldn't be a better chance for him to show what he can do. He has shown promises, we can only hope.

I think with the right setup he will be fine. Everyone thought McNair was gonna be bullied by Lukaku.

top1whoisman

Scout
It's always very tough to break through as a club like us and as heavy the responsibility is, there couldn't be a better chance for him to show what he can do. He has shown promises, we can only hope.

I think with the right setup he will be fine. Everyone thought McNair was gonna be bullied by Lukaku.
I agree. For example in a trio with Blind and Bailly. Have a feeling we'll be forced to play him with the fixture congestion and injuries.

khoazany

I agree. For example in a trio with Blind and Bailly. Have a feeling we'll be forced to play him with the fixture congestion and injuries.
We will. Even Bailly must be close to fatigue now. When you have 3 CBs out injured you can't ask for everything.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Maybe you're right, this could be a good chance to show his worth. I suppose Rashford was also thrown in at the deep end last season and it did him no harm.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Axel's been terrible this season, really regressed. Seems over confident after the praise he's gotten in the past 12 months.

You can't account for 3 first-team centreback injuries, but Blind has been shaky there this season; I'd rather give Darmian or Luke Shaw a crack there til the end of the season to be honest, it's a no-win scenario anyway.

top1whoisman

Scout
Axel's been terrible this season, really regressed. Seems over confident after the praise he's gotten in the past 12 months.

You can't account for 3 first-team centreback injuries, but Blind has been shaky there this season; I'd rather give Darmian or Luke Shaw a crack there til the end of the season to be honest, it's a no-win scenario anyway.
It's because he needs a new challenge aka first team football.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He looked incredibly shakey on his debut, he's nowhere near ready to be starting games at the business end if the season, people need to get realistic regarding youth, it'd do more damage than good playing him at this stage, imagine he costs us a top four spot, or a Europa league final place?

jb8521

How has he been terrible when he's been our best player in most matches and has almost single handedly kept us in a lot of games? He gets very little help from the other defenders and O'Hara rarely claims balls in the air either so it seems like he's expected to win every single ball into the area and if he doesn't it's a goal. He needs to improve his aerial ability as is the case with most academy defenders and has made some mistakes recently but that's not particularly surprising when he rarely trains with his team mates anymore.

Web of Bissaka

Yup, knowing Mourinho, he won't let Tuanzebe left isolated and exposed.

I have to disagree with the other posters though, but I understand the worry. True, now maybe not the ideal time to "blood him in" since we're chasing top 4 and winning the Europa League, but do we even have much of a choice at CB.

Our only choices are Bailly and Blind. Both can't play all the remaining games and have to be rested too for freshness. Plus, in case injuries happen to them, then we need a good cover who is available, good fitness and can do the job. This is where Tuanzebe comes in. It's important to give him gaming times to be ready and more familiar with the team and its setup. He's a natural CB.

Alternatively, Carrick could play there, but last time he did, I have anxiety plus he's better as CDM and we need him there. Darmian and Shaw is better at FB. Fellaini is an option too, but I won't risk it. Pretty much I don't trust any of them to play at CB, especially in dealing with crosses and quality attackers. At least Blind have a season dealing with those as a CB and did his best. The set-up by LVG helps Blind a lot too.

I think Mourinho sees TFM more of a midfielder and RB now, prolly as CB cover too after Tuanzebe. Even if Rojo, Jones and Smalling managed to return on time, their fitness is a big concern. In addition, Tuanzebe even Jose admitted have good defending qualities, so it's better to gamble on an inexperienced natural CB than those who aren't a natural at that position. The rewards are plenty than otherwise. Provided of course if Tuanzebe perform well in trainings convincing enough to play. Nervy in matches is normal.

So, for me, it is the right time.:devil:

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Perfect time to play him or TFM IMO if they are fit.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Don't see the point in us looking bringing back at the likes of Michael Keane when we've still got Tuanzebe.

Red_toad

I'm blinded by Blinds blindness on the pitch. He has been poor
Yes so he suddenly becomes worse than a young player with near zero first team experience, who has himself been poor for the under 23's. I'd say you need to go study a tad more. As your opinion is based on zero and infact goes against logic.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Yes so he suddenly becomes worse than a young player with near zero first team experience, who has himself been poor for the under 23's. I'd say you need to go study a tad more. As your opinion is based on zero and infact goes against logic.
I haven't watched him at all but he's better than Blind nevertheless

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Needs to pull a Paddy McNair when the chance arises.

That header against Everton:drool:
That was special, isn't it? I was so impressed that I was ready to sell all our defenders and make Paddy our starter. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.