Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoDaGOAT

Im surprised he hasn't had a few minutes this season. Can anybody update me on his and Ro-Shaun Williams situation? These two are our most promising youth players.
Tuanzebe is captain of The U23s. He's played every game, I think. He has a decent partnership with Poole at centre back. Axel has made a few errors but has also put in some very mature displays.

RoShaun has been playing at right back recently. He doesn't offer a lot in attack, but he's a solid defender. Physically impressive.

red_john

Tuanzebe is captain of The U23s. He's played every game, I think. He has a decent partnership with Poole at centre back. Axel has made a few errors but has also put in some very mature displays.

RoShaun has been playing at right back recently. He doesn't offer a lot in attack, but he's a solid defender. Physically impressive.
Cheers for the update. Iv not had much time this season to catch many of the youth games but it's good to know they are both still impressing. I would love for one of them to break into the senior team. Fosu is another who needs more minutes.

Dobbs

Im surprised he hasn't had a few minutes this season. Can anybody update me on his and Ro-Shaun Williams situation? These two are our most promising youth players.
I think both are a couple of seasons away yet.

ti vu

I don't know why people expect a young defenders to break through/ having minutes when the first team need some sort of stability in performance and result. Sure the young defender can have higher potential than our first team defenders... However this position is more demanding (one minor mistake is more costly). Put a foot wrong and your career is on the line since the fans will remember it forever and it's harder to distance it. For an attacker you can have numerous pointless game but score a important goal and you would be fondly remembered. Defenders will need week in week out solid performance to establish themselves and erase bad reputation unless they are the type of goal scoring defenders like Ramos to mask over their terrible performance the other week.

See how Jones despite his potential being rated by all our of managers in recent years (bad manager or good, they agree), but quite some fans are not keen of him due to some of his performance some time ago being youngster (very little game time due to his injury proneness the last couple of season). Wes Brown, Evans suffered similar reputation with our fans... Defenders need a better timing when being integrated to the first team. Imagine having a mare on your debut.

O'shea is lesser talent (imo) than Wes Brown and Evans but a better timing and luck and consistent performance leading to earn more precious playing experience, he is remembered more fondly by our fans than the latter despite Wes Brown and Evans have more potential.

Last edited:

OohAahMartial

Love me some fulltimedevils, fantastic guys.
Me too, finding myself watching them more and more. Weirdly they all take sense unlike the nutjobs on ArsenalMania. Think this MrMujac guy is on the Caf too. If so, nice one mate, and more vids like this planned? Would be good if could include some footage too as examples.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah I watch full time devils too every now and then. I enjoy some of their content.

MounchesterUtd

The kid is 18 :lol: the way some people speak of him being wasted at our reserve teams, you'd think he's 22 or even 20.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
The kid is 18 :lol: the way some people speak of him being wasted at our reserve teams, you'd think he's 22 or even 20.
I'd never even heard of Vidic before he was 24. People just expect too much too soon.

Sid234

There not in that good a form that we can't play him in one of the many games we have.

How else can you prove your good enough if you don't get a chance.

Circular argument
Go out on loan like Andreas has this season. Unless we have a big injury crisis at the back, Axel isn't going to be breaking into the 1st team based Res performances alone

MounchesterUtd

Axel is 18 and still developing physically. Now, I'm no sports scientist but maybe it's not yet heathy for him to bang bodies with fully grown 27-31 year olds in the fastest and most physical league in the world? I'm sure Jose wouldn't dap him up like he did in the offseason if he doesn't rate him, but CBs normally establish themselves around 22-24 years old. He has tons of time left, let's just hope he stays patient.

Sid234

Why not other players do? How else do you get a chance if not based on red performances?

Either way his time will come hopefully
Because Res team football is so far away in terms of quality from PL football. It's a huge step up from Reserves football to PL football. One of the reasons why so many youngsters in England fail to make the step up to PL football. That is something the FA needs to work on

khoazany

Because Res team football is so far away in terms of quality from PL football. It's a huge step up from Reserves football to PL football. One of the reasons why so many youngsters in England fail to make the step up to PL football. That is something the FA needs to work on
It seems to not doing the likes of Tom Davies any disadvantage. Key point is the trust from the manager. Of course every player is different from each other. Some will need loans. From what I've seen of Axel he certainly could comfortably play in the cup. Mourinho just doesn't want to take any risk.

I would send him out on loan this January.

Sid234

It seems to not doing the likes of Tom Davies any disadvantage. Key point is the trust from the manager. Of course every player is different from each other. Some will need loans. From what I've seen of Axel he certainly could comfortably play in the cup. Mourinho just doesn't want to take any risk.

I agree, we've had Borthwick-Jackson, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah step up last season but like you said, Jose is hardly the manager to take such chances.. He's focused only on winning, and will play the team that gives him the best chance of doing that taking rotation into account. Considering the deep squad we have, it's very unlikely we'll see any of the U-21's given a shot this season.

If we sell Young this month, then TFM might see some more gametime. But Axel has Rojo, Jones, Smalling and Bailly ahead of him. Maybe even Blind, so his best chance for development is to go out on loan,

EyeInTheSky

Once again, the majority of players come through reserve team football and are not loaned out.

You are literally and demonstrably off the mark.

Deleted member 101472

For those who have seen him in the youth and reserve team, what would you put his ceiling at?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Sounds like Axel Rose up in the pecking order, possibly during the November Rain.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Hopefully he makes the bench on Thurs and starts against Wigan.
I think more likely it will be the bench vs Wigan, coming on when the game is wrapped up.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Fantastic news, I have very high hopes for him and good to see Mourinho rates him highly.

ariel

if you read closely :

Tuanzebe was pictured training with the first-team players earlier this week and, during an interview with MUTV on Wednesday, Mourinho was asked if the prospect could be involved in United's upcoming matches.

"He can," Jose explained. "We lost Morgan Schneiderlin and Memphis Depay, two players who didn't play many minutes or many matches for us. They were two players from the squad, so we need numbers and probably Axel is one of the boys that's in the Academy who is more close to playing with us.

"So we have brought him up to give him more experience, to make the first team more natural for him in case we need him to play in the upcoming matches and month, so he can be more adapted to us."

If he is replacing Schneiderlin and Memphis, it doesn't really mean he is any close to playing. Closer - yes. Close - no.

DanClancy

I don't share the optimism, Bailly is on his way back so we will have 4 fit centre halves and 5 if you include Blind. I'd be very surprised to see him get any action this season.

WhoDaGOAT

I think more likely it will be the bench vs Wigan, coming on when the game is wrapped up.
We do have a game against Hull in the league just 3 days later, so I think we will see a very random team on Sun.

Wigan aren't taking the game seriously, so it is an opportunity to experiment.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

The issue is, there is no room for him in the first team now. He may well be able to perform at this level, but there are still many ahead of him who can also perform at this level. It isn't like we are playing wingers in central defence instead of him, we are playing centre halves, who are generally playing well, except Smalling perhaps. We then have Blind who is as much a centre half as he is anything else.

There is no reason to fast-track him at all in my view, the team has no demand for it. Rashford wasn't simply played because we think he's good. There was also a shortage in the squad to be filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.