Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElQuesoGrande

Why would he be closer to making his debut when in a week we'll have all four CBs available for the first time this season?

As with Jose's comments at the start of the season, I'll believe it when I see it.

WhoDaGOAT

Why would he be closer to making his debut when in a week we'll have all four CBs available for the first time this season?

As with Jose's comments at the start of the season, I'll believe it when I see it.
Well, Bailly probably won't be available until next Wednesday due to the long flight back and time to recover from 3 games over a short space of time.

Rojo could be rested if there are concerns about his injury.

m1y2

I don't share the optimism, Bailly is on his way back so we will have 4 fit centre halves and 5 if you include Blind. I'd be very surprised to see him get any action this season.
me neither, as much as I'd love to see Axel to make his debut, it's just a PR from United to sell the idea we make chance to our kids while we are not anymore... they only asked Jose about it and he said what he was meant to say, it does confirm nothing, I guess he will be lucky to make the bench anyway

DeOddi

I´d be very surprised to even see him make the bench.

He´s 19 years old now and already too good for the U21. We should really send him out on loan, if we don´t plan on giving him any game time for the first team. He´s ready to make his first steps at a decent level (Championship).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
A championship loan would be best for him I agree. Look at how Micheal Keane flourished in a similar scenario, we need to be careful how we handle him.

Loublaze

ATLien
He's not going to even make the bench this season if United don't experience an injury crisis at the back

Jacko21

It's also not difficult to see why Tuanzebe would appeal to Mourinho. He's tall, strong, explosive, composed and can pick a pass. Not dissimilar to Bailly.

But we're not short in the centre of defence as it stands and when I've watched him, he's looked at little suspect aerially. So no doubt Mourinho and his team will look to work with him further or arrange a loan for him.

There's no reason to rush an academy prospect into the first team - not when you have a near fully-fit senior squad. A loan would suit.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Alex Tuanzebe, brilliant

I know he would have missed all 3 group stage games and so would TFM I think but I'm still a bit pissed we didn't enter the EFL Trophy. Think we would have easily made it out of the group anyway and even if we only made it as far as Swansea u23s who made it the farthest to the quarters that would have been 3 games for Axel and TFM against senior opponents and showed Mourinho a bit more of what they can do in senior football and more likely to trust them in a cup game.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
It's also not difficult to see why Tuanzebe would appeal to Mourinho. He's tall, strong, explosive, composed and can pick a pass. Not dissimilar to Bailly.

But we're not short in the centre of defence as it stands and when I've watched him, he's looked at little suspect aerially. So no doubt Mourinho and his team will look to work with him further or arrange a loan for him.

There's no reason to rush an academy prospect into the first team - not when you have a near fully-fit senior squad. A loan would suit.
I was watching a video on youtube and a commentator said the exact same thing.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's not going to even make the bench this season if United don't experience an injury crisis at the back
That would be a first. Already played something like 6 different players at left back and 5 different CBs (6 if you count Carrick's cameo there).

Loublaze

ATLien
That would be a first. Already played something like 6 different players at left back and 5 different CBs (6 if you count Carrick's cameo there).
We haven't had problems at the same level the worst times under LVG, but there you go, Tuanzebe is not going to be played even under those circumstances

We need an rvn

completely changing topic, but G&R just came on the radio and weirdly his name popped into my head and if we don't get a guns and roses themed song together for this lad when he makes his debut i'd be gutted!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
TUANZEBE PUSHING FOR COMPETITIVE DEBUT

Axel Tuanzebe is determined to keep pushing for his competitive debut for Manchester United by impressing Jose Mourinho even further.

The Reserves captain was in the travelling squad for the EFL Cup semi-final second leg at Hull City and has been training with the first-team players. When Mourinho praised the 19-year-old on MUTV this week and explained why he is integrating him into the senior group, it naturally pleased the young centre-back.

"There's no better feeling," Tuanzebe told MUTV, "but I can't let it go to my head and relax now. I've got to keep my head down and keep proving to him why he should have faith in me. I've got to keep pushing every day and showing why I should be in the team and why I'm here at the club.

"It's definitely been good training with superstars and I can learn a lot from these players every day. I'm always willing to learn and try my best. It doesn't depend on the level, I could be with the Under-23s or the first team, I always try my best to improve as a player."

Tuanzebe definitely believes he is at the right club in terms of being able to envisage a pathway into senior football and only needs to look at the success of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford for role models.

"It's a massive booster to see the likes of Marcus and Jesse coming right from the bottom and working all the way up through the system," he added. "It's always a great thing to see. It gives everyone a boost - if they can do it, why can't I?

"Massive credit to the club for actually having the belief the youngsters can play for the first team. I don't think that happens at every other club and it's a real positive for all the players working here."

Tuanzebe's former Reserves coach Warren Joyce returns to Old Trafford with Wigan Athletic for the Emirates FA Cup fourth-round tie on Sunday, having had a huge input into the defender's progress.

"He was a massive influence personally," said Axel. "Every day was flat out. There were no rest days, even when the first team were off, we were in doing extra work. During international breaks, we were doing extra. He has been a massive influence and it'll be good to see him on Sunday. There's a bit of competition and we'll see how it goes!"

And, as he gets close to making his breakthrough, can we expect to see Axel involved this weekend, against the side he featured against in a first-team friendly in pre-season?

"It's down to the manager," he replies. "All I can do is try my best in training every day and show why I can be a first-team player."

reddevil702

Haven't seen him play but based on the YouTube videos he seems to be on the smaller side for a CB. Those that have seen him play could he potentially turn into a CDM? Seemed to have good ball control and pace.

ti vu

Haven't seen him play but based on the YouTube videos he seems to be on the smaller side for a CB. Those that have seen him play could he potentially turn into a CDM? Seemed to have good ball control and pace.
He certainly looks calm as CB. However, changing from defender to midfielder is not always straight forward. Rio& Sergio Ramos was wank whenever they're tried as DM despite being regarded among top ball playing CB. Pique played some games in midfield for us which he looked off pace. It's hard to judge Pique as he was never at his pomp with us, but I can't recall him playing midfield for Barcelona.

Last edited:

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hope he plays today, don't think we'll get many other debut opportunities this season.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Could see him or TFM playing as a more mobile Ivanovic at RB for us.

Bwuk

He's a CB not a RB right? Thought he did ok, didn't have much to do. Messed up a clearance although unsure what Smalling was doing for it.

prath92

didnt have to do anything. almost conceded a freak goal hitting it up against smalling though.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If he'll develop physically like TFM he will destroy everywhere in defense. In pre-season according to Jose he nedeed just about few minutes of play to see how much of potential is in this player.

Devil may care

He did fine out of position IMO, made a little error but on a debut at Old Trafford it's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.