g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2016-17 Performances

View full 2016-17 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

KN5

Mate I reckon he'd put a half broken, retired Carrick in the centre of defence before he starts Tuanzebe.

bdecuc

Suddenly Tuanzebe's been poor for the u-23s? A couple of lapses probably due to concentration because he finds the level so comfortable and a slightly less than immaculate aerial game...

What would worry me would be the suggestion in the Castle's article that Tuanzebe would be a higher risk than the likes of Fellaini at cb. The horror of a tricky forward running at Fellaini on the edge of the penalty area. (I'm sorry I do like Fellaini's attitude but..)

Of course Tuanzebe's very young and inexperienced. He would make errors. It would not be ideal. But surely if Blind couldn't play then he'd be the next best option? You could have made an argument for Carrick a couple of years ago. Not now imo.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Never seen him play just read some of the write ups etc. Would love to see him get a run out and see whether he's got it, absolutely wouldn't put Fellaini at CB, that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Unlikely lad

If we don't pick up 3 points vs Burnley, I'd expect Axel to get 3-4 games before the end of the season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Tuanzebe is 18 now, isn't he? He is a man. Time to step and take charge of your destiny young Axel.

settembrini

Rooney keeps on wearing more and more clothes for football. In a few years he'll be playing in a bobble hat and scarf.

khoazany

He's got a new hair before he even played any game. Youngsters these days ffs. Worst attitude ever. Sell him.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Suddenly Tuanzebe's been poor for the u-23s? A couple of lapses probably due to concentration because he finds the level so comfortable and a slightly less than immaculate aerial game...

What would worry me would be the suggestion in the Castle's article that Tuanzebe would be a higher risk than the likes of Fellaini at cb. The horror of a tricky forward running at Fellaini on the edge of the penalty area. (I'm sorry I do like Fellaini's attitude but..)

Of course Tuanzebe's very young and inexperienced. He would make errors. It would not be ideal. But surely if Blind couldn't play then he'd be the next best option? You could have made an argument for Carrick a couple of years ago. Not now imo.
Why wouldn't TFM be next in line ahead of Tuanzebe?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Still an awful hairstyle but much better than his last one.

lsd

The Oracle
It's going to be Blind and it has to be Blind.. you can't take crazy risks at this stage we need all the experience we can get

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Under slightly different circumstances, I'd be in favour of Axel coming in. Not sure I'd want him alongside Bailly, who appears pretty brainless himself and not the man to lead a young centre half.

Personally, I think Darmian can be a good emergency centre half, and I'd play him before Axel. That said, I'd play Axel before Fellaini and probably Carrick too.

SirAF

Ageist
Tuanzebe has new hair. Rooney the opposite.

Got to be seriously uncomfortable to play football in a jacket :lol:

Really hope to see Tuanzabe get a few matches quite soon. Our defensive injuries could be the making of him, sort of like Rashford last season.

Brightonian

Personally, I think Darmian can be a good emergency centre half, and I'd play him before Axel. That said, I'd play Axel before Fellaini and probably Carrick too.
Really? I love the guy's technical ability but he's a massive soft touch, physically. And not tall either.

Cathy Ferguson

Really? I love the guy's technical ability but he's a massive soft touch, physically. And not tall either.
How do you rate Tuanzebe? Do you think Mou will play him ahead of Blind in the coming weeks, assuming that we still have something to play for.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Absolutely. He just can't play in CB. That's just ridiculous to think. I could think about more than 10 options better than having Darmian in the center. For example, Ashley Young, Shaw, Pogba and perhaps even Rooney. Damian is the last guy to play in a physical demanding position.

SirAF

Ageist
Absolutely. He just can't play in CB. That's just ridiculous to think. I could think about more than 10 options better than having Darmian in the center. For example, Ashley Young, Shaw, Pogba and perhaps even Rooney. Damien is the last guy to play in a physical demanding position.
@Damien :(

Brightonian

How do you rate Tuanzebe? Do you think Mou will play him ahead of Blind in the coming weeks, assuming that we still have something to play for.
Highly. Honestly thanks to work I watch the youngsters way less than I used to even just last season, so I can't speak to his recent form, but when I've seen him he's had all the ingredients. Of course, we've had plenty of young CBs over the years who've been the same and barely got a look in. Keane's the stand out example, and look at him now, absolutely smashing it with Burnley.

If Tuanzebe has been a bit off-colour this season as reported, he wouldn't be the first youngster to go off the boil because he's been kept in the reserves for too long. A certain Paul Pogba was one very notable example of that. He was hardly doing himself any favours in the reserves when we sold him.

dichinero

Absolutely. He just can't play in CB. That's just ridiculous to think. I could think about more than 10 options better than having Darmian in the center. For example, Ashley Young, Shaw, Pogba and perhaps even Rooney. Damian is the last guy to play in a physical demanding position.
The CB position isn't something alien to Darmian. He has played a few times there in the past.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Rather than feeling down about the injury list, I'm excited about this. Let football's scriptwriters know once again that injury crises only ever make us stronger.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
He might be. Just assuming TFM would stay in midfield but he could play at cb.
TFM as a midfielder is some kind of myth with little basis in reality :) Has he ever started a game in midfield at any level?

Status
Not open for further replies.