Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

Is he naturally an RB or CB? Didn't seem comfortable getting forward to provide width, but that may have also been him sticking to his instructions.

Impressive debut. Kept Sanchez quiet.
CB. I'm not sure he's ever played at RB before.

RedMaestro

Loved his performance today. Showed a lot of maturity. If Mourinho doesn't give the lad more chances to play this season after such a strong performance (it being his first real game), I'll be upset. If he's this good in his 'debut', I can't wait to see him after 10-20 games. Looks really promising.

ocprodigy

Very strong debut but if I'm being constructive, whilst he kept Sanchez well at bay, he also offered virtually nothing going forward.
That said - he's normally a CB? If he can keep that composure at CB, he'll be a great asset.

DeOddi

Good debut for him. His ability on the ball and his calmness stood out the most for me. Every time there was a good passing option, even when under pressure, he´d calmly pass the ball forward.

Also had the highlight of the game for us, when Sanchez tried to bully him off the ball and just bounced off him as if he was a brick wall. :lol:

ash_86

He is good. Held off Alexis well and it's a great complement for a Debutant

Mister_Stubbs

Only player to come out of that shambolic display with any credit. Stood up to Sanchez really well and put in a very mature performance for someone making their debut.

R'hllor

Oh look at that,kids can surprise you sometimes if you put proper trust in them.

Jib

He plays and look like Kimpembe ( PSG ), great potential !

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Is he naturally an RB or CB? Didn't seem comfortable getting forward to provide width, but that may have also been him sticking to his instructions.

Impressive debut. Kept Sanchez quiet.
Naturally a centre back by trade mate.

Djemba-Djemba

Only positive to come out of today.

I'd rather give him game time for the last 3 Premiership games than watch the Chuckle Brothers again.

kundalini

Very impressive performance. Wasn't expecting him to look that composed when playing out of position.

Strats

Couldn't ask for more of him in a debut.

Would be interesting to see him get a shot at CB alongside Bailly in one of our remaining games in the premiership.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Well played lad, nullified Sanchez.

AndyJ1985

The only positive I can take from today. He looks decent. Maybe he can come in to the first team which will allow us to sell both of Jones and Smalling.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He's already impressed me more than TFM ever has, in all honesty. I'm just saying.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
More collected than almost half of our defenders and could be a better defending future asset than Mensah who's a monster already.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Give the lad a run out in the league in his best position for the final few games because Jones and Smalling are worthless and he genuinely looks very talented. Rio-Esque I would say.

FujiVice

No reason why he shouldnt take the place of Chris Smalling or Phil Jones next season.

Womp

idiot
Great game, Sanchez couldn't get past him all game. When Sanchez tried muscling him off the ball and was shrugged off was class, hope to see more of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He deserves a first team loan somewhere next year as he's clearly too good to be reserve team.

Really pleased for him and he did a great job.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hardly nullified Sanchez. The tactics did.
Dealt with all his one on one's. Also took the ball of him several times. So yeah he did nullify him.

DizeeGorilla20

Looked really good defensively although it seems clear to me that he is not a fullback. Hopefully gets one or two games in the PL at the heart of the defence now that top 4 is probably done and dusted for us.

He's already impressed me more than TFM ever has, in all honesty. I'm just saying.
I agree there although I have only seen TFM in his brief cameos this season so it's not a fair assesment but I really don't get what his hype is about.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He took the ball off him a lot of times, didn't allow him space to make runs and pull the strings, I'd say he nullified Sanchez.
Think you are confusing Sanchez with Gibbs who he was more 1v1 with. Key thing in this match is how little the full backs were left exposed. Arsenal's attacking approach relies on taking advantage of that.

Tuanzebe did everything asked of a full back but I don't think he would have looked this well had we set up like Liverpool or City.

AgentP

Wow this kid is really good. We should either send him out on loan next season or have him as first choice backup for CB or RB. Keeping him on as a fifth choice CB will be detrimental to his development.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Think you are confusing Sanchez with Gibbs who he was more 1v1 with. Key thing in this match is how little the full backs were left exposed. Arsenal's attacking approach relies on taking advantage of that.

Tuanzebe did everything asked of a full back but I don't think he would have looked this well had we set up like Liverpool or City.
Nah, you are confused. He completely controlled Sanchez.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Wow this kid is really good. We should either send him out on loan next season or have him as first choice backup for CB or RB. Keeping him on as a fifth choice CB will be detrimental to his development.
I see at least one CB leaving and wouldn't be surprised if two were shipped out. If that does happen, you'd imagine we'd bring one in, but I'd expect there to be enough opportunities for Tuanzabe. The question is whether Mourinho will give him those chances.

Web of Bissaka

Cool, full of composure in defending, good in one-on-one, and he doesn't do rash tackles, won't give easy free kicks.

Pacy and composed passer too, better in playing from the back to upfront with intent than Smalling and Jones.

Solid enough performance, obv tactics and the senior players helping him are big factors.

Highlight of the Day:
Sanchez failed to bully him:devil:love how he took the ball from Sanchez more than once.

Status
Not open for further replies.