Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Looked good today up against one of the best players in the prem, really impressive debut. I'd start him in the remaining league fixtures.

Zoo

Yeah he needs a run out in his proper position now.

SteveW

Surely Jose will put more faith in Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah next year? They're both obviously physically ready. I genuinely think they're better than a couple of the options in their positions. What they need is opportunity.
Axel looks ready to play more. Really composed and mature performance. But what have you seen to suggest TFM is a better option than anyone currently playing? He's been complete mess almost anytime he's played for the first team. Positionally suspect and just running around fouling everyone like a lunatic.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Obviously his strength in dealing with Sanchez was impressive but I really enjoyed his calmness in possession, such a marked difference to Smalling and Jones. It makes such a difference to have defenders who are calm in the ball and can pick simple 10-15 yard passes vs. defenders who just hoof it and recycle possession.

Manny

Grammar Police
Looked like the most accomplished defender in our back line whilst playing against Arsenal's best player.

My only concern is that Jose will see him as a right sided Darmian.

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Bailly-Tuanzebe

Anyone think that could by potentially be our next Rio-Vidic? Bailly as the vidic who is aggressive in his tackles while Tuanzebe as the squeaky clean defender that mops up the mess but also possesses great ball skills.

I was actually very impressed with the way he passed today and this was in his unnatural position. If we could get those two to form a solid bond and Jose gives more chances to Tuanzebe next to Bailly then that would be our defense settled for the future.

Robbie Boy

Didn't catch the game but delighted to hear he played well. Always good when one of our youngsters gets a chance and impresses.

Nanotron

Very impressed by this guy against a very difficult opponent. Should be played in every game left in the league. Maybe even put him in at centre half.

bdecuc

Axel looks ready to play more. Really composed and mature performance. But what have you seen to suggest TFM is a better option than anyone currently playing? He's been complete mess almost anytime he's played for the first team. Positionally suspect and just running around fouling everyone like a lunatic.
Lunatic is a bit strong! A little over-eager? He's an aggressive player though. But in the u18s and u23s he was aggressive without being stupid with it. Haven't we been missing physicality, speed. Carrick can't do it any more. Fellaini can't do it. I'd have rotated him with those two and have expected him to settle down.

Tuanzebe is always composed. In his case he's so young you can see that putting him in at cb would be a gamble. Hopefully he can do the job at right-back and get experience that way.

ovoxo

I was surprised by how strong the kid was. Especially against Sanchez who is fairly strong himself. He just shrugged Sanchez off at times. It was great to watch.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
A good game from him today. Seemed to look more comfortable as the game went on which is what you'd expect, and by that point he was showing composure beyond the other CBs. Things like clearing headers to the feet of midfielders, taking the ball down and playing out at the right moments. All good signs.

That moment when Sanchez tried to smash him off the pitch was classic, Sanchez ended up in a heap on the floor whilst Tuanzebe looked completely unfazed by it.

I remember somebody released a book which said United had hopes that Tuanzebe and Rojo would be their future CB pairing, and that was a couple of years ago. Shows how highly rated he is. Can anybody remember who's book it was? I'm thinking maybe Fergies?

prath92

He was very good today. But I would wait to judge him more. Paddy McNair was equally impressive in his debut vs lukaku

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
A good game from him today. Seemed to look more comfortable as the game went on which is what you'd expect, and by that point he was showing composure beyond the other CBs. Things like clearing headers to the feet of midfielders, taking the ball down and playing out at the right moments. All good signs.

That moment when Sanchez tried to smash him off the pitch was classic, Sanchez ended up in a heap on the floor whilst Tuanzebe looked completely unfazed by it.

I remember somebody released a book which said United had hopes that Tuanzebe and Rojo would be their future CB pairing, and that was a couple of years ago. Shows how highly rated he is. Can anybody remember who's book it was? I'm thinking maybe Fergies?
Tuanzebe and Rojo?

jb8521

It was in Redissue fanzine

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
He was the one highlight today in a sea of mediocrity, bar Dave who was great as usual.

Jaybomb

He looks class. We might not need to buy a CB if he keeps performing.

Bailly and Tuanzebe looks like a menacing partnership on paper. Its a shame Rojo is likely out till January.

izec

He looks class. We might not need to buy a CB if he keeps performing.

Bailly and Tuanzebe looks like a menacing partnership on paper. Its a shame Rojo is likely out till January.
We still need a new CB. We cant and Mou wont rely on Tuanzebe. Jones and Smalling are useless. We need to sell one of them and buy another CB to pair him with Bailly.

Jaybomb

We still need a new CB. We cant and Mou wont rely on Tuanzebe. Jones and Smalling are useless. We need to sell one of them and buy another CB to pair him with Bailly.
If we are getting one from the Prem, it has to be Van Dijk in my opinion.

izec

If we are getting one from the Prem, it has to be Van Dijk in my opinion.
From the Premier League, yes. If we sold both of them, i would like us to go for Keane. But other 2 or 3 options would be Manolas, Gimenez or Koulibaly for me outside of the Premier League.

Turkleton

First I've seen of him. His defending was excellent but he looked a bit unsure going forward. I'm guessing RB isn't his usual position?

Now we're effectively out of top 4, I hope he plays in the remaining league games.

redsunited

Good match for him. Definitely a player for the future. Sell Jones/Smalling or both and get a replacement and Axel as the fifth choice CB and Second choice RB along with TFM

stu_1992

Impressed with that performance. A rare positive from today. I'll be interested to see how be performs at center-back though.

SirMattBugsby

Obviously his strength in dealing with Sanchez was impressive but I really enjoyed his calmness in possession, such a marked difference to Smalling and Jones. It makes such a difference to have defenders who are calm in the ball and can pick simple 10-15 yard passes vs. defenders who just hoof it and recycle possession.
Why didn't Mourinho play him more? We've had enough injury crises in defence this season for him to get games.

Hope we see more of him next season. Sell Smalling already!

Sylar

He put Sanchez on the floor, I think he did it twice lol.
You can tell hes more of a CB than a RB but the most impressive thing was his composure. There were several times I was thinking he was gonna hoof it, but instead he held the ball, got his head up and picked out a really smart pass to a team mate.

Hope he plays a few games CB before the end of the season.

LLMU

Good solid game from him. Stood his ground and doesn't go into rash tackle to win balls. Cool first name too.

Wan

He was very good today. But I would wait to judge him more. Paddy McNair was equally impressive in his debut vs lukaku
McNair wasn't that highly rated for the reserves. Slow, weak.

Need to see more of Tuanzebe. Hope Jose gives him chances in the remaining league games. Showed composure just like when Evans broke through when he kept Huntelaar quiet in a friendly pre season game.

Zii

No idea why he hasn't played more minutes, no idea why smalling is still at the club to be honest.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Been burnt too many times I refuse to get excited. Hope he can carry on.

Swaters16

Haven't finished the game yet, but he's looked good. However there were times when McNair, Blackett, etc looked good as well. You can never really tell how young centre backs will take to the first team over time.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Wow! He is really composed and his passing is probably better than any of our defenders. Also strong, fast, and technically very sound. I see quality in him that I never saw with CBJ.

Small sample size admittedly :wenger:
There is a reason why he was team captain at 16 of the U18; captain at 18 of the U23.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

It was Redissue two years or so ago where they claimed that United coaching staff sees him and Rojo as our future center back pairing for a long time.

Rake

He was very good but we were very negative yestersay and want to see how he performs as CB when we try to control and attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.