Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2018-19 Performances

View full 2018-19 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Jefe

He was average. Those thinking he can come back into the team and somehow make much of a difference to our defence are in cuckoo land. He's very composed on the ball and can play out from the back but he's no where near Smalling as a defender. I wouldn't mind having him as our 4th choice defender but I think he should probably have one more year at Villa before coming back here.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I think you guys can forget about Tuanzebe for a while. The best for him is to stay at Aston Villa next season, a team he knows and will pretty much be guaranteed playing time.
Given the state of our defenders we'd be better off having him next season.

Granted 38 games for Villa would be great experience but he's every chance of forcing his way into our first 11 next season.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I think it's best for him to establish himself in Manchester United's first team.
He’s not ready. The natural air of confidence he had when he broke through isn’t quite there and he’s less certain in his decision making.
Needs to play through this phase of his career and come out the other side and he’ll only be able to do that with regular game time.

beergod

We're never going to be able to unload all of the extra CBs we're carrying this summer. It's better that he gets a full season of football with Villa and comes back with a season in the PL under his belt.

Lexxxzi

Given the state of our defenders we'd be better off having him next season.

Granted 38 games for Villa would be great experience but he's every chance of forcing his way into our first 11 next season.
Well, I'd say if no new centre backs are signed this summer, then maybe. But still no. Lindelof - Bailly is by far the best pair of centre backs at the club right now, given Bailly stays fit of course. Smalling is probably also better than Tuanzebe right now. Jones, well, he is shit, but he will still get plenty of games, we all know that...

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Lindelof - Bailly is by far the best pair of centre backs at the club right now, given Bailly stays fit of course.
Bailly, who played 13 and 12 league games in the last two seasons, is by far the best?

cathari

I think it's best for him to establish himself in Manchester United's first team.
Honestly, if you factor in the acquisition of a top centre-half this summer, what are his chances of establishing himself in this squad next season? I mean honestly, his chances are very low. He have to get in front of Smalling and Jones (now I am doing you a favor of disregarding both Bailly and Rojo btw), who, with their shortcomings, are English internationals with bags of experience compared to Tuanzebe.

In my opinion, we can hope that Villa would like to keep him, and if they do, we can consider us lucky to have him playing regularly in the PL. But that itself, is not by default. he'll have to earn his spot there too, as they will with a doubt reinforce their squad massively.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Well, I'd say if no new centre backs are signed this summer, then maybe. But still no. Lindelof - Bailly is by far the best pair of centre backs at the club right now, given Bailly stays fit of course. Smalling is probably also better than Tuanzebe right now. Jones, well, he is shit, but he will still get plenty of games, we all know that...
Bailly is absolutely awful.

He gets so much favour from fans because he's capable of monstrous performances but more often than not he's actually our worst CB.

AR87

Honestly, if you factor in the acquisition of a top centre-half this summer, what are his chances of establishing himself in this squad next season? I mean honestly, his chances are very low. He have to get in front of Smalling and Jones (now I am doing you a favor of disregarding both Bailly and Rojo btw), who, with their shortcomings, are English internationals with bags of experience compared to Tuanzebe.
1. I'm not convinced we will sign a top CB. Maybe a top talent at the position, but not an established WC defender.

2. Getting in front of Smalling, Jones, Rojo, and Bailly wouldn't be that difficult to see. We shipped 52 goals in the league this season with those 4 playing a big role. Jones, Bailly and Rojo are injured half of the time anyways.

3. Who cares if they're English inernationals or have loads of experience? They haven't been good.

Verminator

He is behind Lindelof, Smalling and even Jones, for me.
Far too impetuous, and without a nose for danger. VAR in the league next season too.
I think Rojo may even be better, but it's too close to bother arguing either's case.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Smalling and Lindelof are our best CB's.

Tuanzebe should be in our main 4 CB's next summer. Bailly Jones and Rojo hopefully out - but we all know Jones is sticking around :rolleyes:

Aloysius's Back 3

The reason I want Tuenzebe in the first team & squad is because players like Greenwood, Mctomminay & possibly Laird/Gomes are going to be involved.

Whilst they may not be starting every game - they are taking over some of the spots that are not adequately covered by more highly paid players.

Get Tuenzebe in & get him playing so we have the next class of united ready to fill in gaps or become a first team player.

Nickosaur

I actually think Bailly is one of our weakest CBs.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The reason I want Tuenzebe in the first team & squad is because players like Greenwood, Mctomminay & possibly Laird/Gomes are going to be involved.

Whilst they may not be starting every game - they are taking over some of the spots that are not adequately covered by more highly paid players.

Get Tuenzebe in & get him playing so we have the next class of united ready to fill in gaps or become a first team player.
Tuanzebe's at an age where he needs to be starting week in week out, Villa trust him as one of their starting CBs so he'd be mad not to stay there, not to mention they're now a PL club. McTominay aside, the players you've mentioned are all pretty young and won't suffer splitting their time between the U23s and the first team, especially Greenwood who doesn't even turn 18 till October.

Mcking

Though the only times I've watched him play were the few times he played with our first team, but I want him in the starting XI next season alongside De Ligt.

Lee565

Keep him at Villa for now where there are better leaders, rather than being around united's dressing room where the more prominent characters are the likes of Pogba and Lingard..

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
We need to get signed to a new contract before anything. Got a year left. Him and Angel Gomes.

ash_86

He needs another season at villa. His growth is noticeable but needs to play week in week out. He'd not get many games at United.

Wallez

If Villa wants to keep him as a starting CB next season, we should give him another season there. Similarly to Dean Henderson he has impressed in the Championship, but neither of them would be nailed on first-choices for us next season. They are established first choices in teams that will play in PL next season, which will be a perfect arena for them to develop. We are likely to sign a new CB this summer, and Lindelöf has been solid for some time now. With Smalling, Jones and possibly Bailly and Rojo as backup next season, I cannot see Tuanzebe getting more than a couple of League Cup games for us, which would stall his development.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What makes you confident about Bailly, when outside of a short run of top form early on, he's either been dropped or shocking? And barely got a look in for Solskjaer, BEFORE we obviously buy a centre back this summer?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Though the only times I've watched him play were the few times he played with our first team, but I want him in the starting XI next season alongside De Ligt.
I fear you will have 0% of your dream combo.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Let me just join the universal derision of this post. The fact you have the idea that Bailly is "by far" our best center back, should pretty much negate anything you ever have to say about football.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yep, as flavour of the month ball playing is, you still need height and aerial ability in the Premier league.
That's why it always worries me when we're linked to some high price defender and then someone says they're not particularly dominant.

Maguire would worry me a bit pace wise, but would be as good as you get aerial wise.
Sorry to break it to you, but ball playing CBs are here to stay. Having big lumps playing next to a technical CB is as old hat as having the big man little man strike partnership. Ole evidently wants our team to play out from the back, so having both CBs comfortable on the ball is imperative. I’d sacrifice occasionally conceding from high balls for having a team that can play a high line, compress the pitch for the opposition and the ability to win the ball back quickly, as well as being capable of playing out from the back. Maguires lack of pace would be far more of a issue than Tuanzebe being average in the air.

Lexxxzi

Bailly gets undeserved hate on this board. But ignorance is bliss, I guess. Bailly has been struggling with injuries for a long time. Smalling is supposed to be better than him? Haha, in fairy-tales land, maybe.

Rossa

Bailly gets undeserved hate on this board. But ignorance is bliss, I guess. Bailly has been struggling with injuries for a long time. Smalling is supposed to be better than him? Haha, in fairy-tales land, maybe.
I know we should only discuss the threads and all that, but how were you promoted?

Bailly has great potential. He's about as fast as any centre back out there with the agility of an olympic gymnast. He can tackle like a god at times, and he is also fairly comfortable with the ball. However, he often mis-times his jumps, which makes him awkward and unreliable in the air. He over-complicates things, and as such loses the ball in dangerous positions. His passing is erratic, and subsequently puts more pressure on the defence than a weak passer like Smalling does, who keeps it simple. His tackling, whilst amazing at times, can also both provide him with his own injuries and some red cards.

So, although the raw material is there to eclipse any defender at the club, he is not there yet. Smalling and Lindelöf are currently better than him, and overall, I'd even argue Jones is more consistent - that's saying something.

Verminator

People have given considered opinions on Bailly and you dismiss them as haters.
Grow up.
It comes down to personal preference and understanding of the game.
Bailly is 4th or 5th CB in our squad, and on the rare occasion he plays, usually has a disaster.

haram

Thought the Bailly myth was dead. He's terrible.

cathari

1. I'm not convinced we will sign a top CB. Maybe a top talent at the position, but not an established WC defender.

2. Getting in front of Smalling, Jones, Rojo, and Bailly wouldn't be that difficult to see. We shipped 52 goals in the league this season with those 4 playing a big role. Jones, Bailly and Rojo are injured half of the time anyways.

3. Who cares if they're English inernationals or have loads of experience? They haven't been good.
I can see that we are making an excellent example of what happens when the two main stereotypes of caf users meet and debate players :D

SteveW

A season on loan in the PL is the correct choice for him.

Edit: With an option to return in Jan if he's smashing it

AJ10

If we're buying a CB this summer then might as well leave him at Villa for another year and if we're not then I'd like him to be our 3rd choice, Specially since Jones/Rojo cannot be trusted and Bailly will most likely be injured again.

NYAS

Keep him and Henderson at their newly promoted clubs for next season. We’ve already seen how badly a messed up development process can affect a young player’s career.

Status
Not open for further replies.