Axel Tuanzebe, Andreas Pereira, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson and Timothy Fosu-Mensah

BaneIsPain

Only TFM will make it in squad.I hope Tuanzebe will be out on loan again.The rest will be sold/released

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It's not that weird to be honest - he simply didn't get the chance again . He hasn't really 'failed' at United; he simply failed over on loan. He looked a real threat under a team who had the ball at their feet & he added an element of pace & directness when doing so both with his dribbling & crossing.

Him failing over at the championship where they play football more differently - especially considering he seemed much more a wingback than a fullback probably halted him. For me it's no difference to Rashford struggling currently - people can doubt his personal ability all they want, but play football on the floor & play a combination of possession, positioning & positivity; players like him will be much more deadly.

Though chances are slim - i still do hope a system comes back that resembles that - where we are the bosses of our own game & style. If that does happen & for whatever random reason CBJ gets a chance after an injury - he has more of a chance of impressing then rather than on the back foot.

By some random chance next year January we might be seeing Giggs as a manager or our new assistant manager who is much likely to utilise CBJ :drool:
You're overstating his pace and dribbling. He isn't fast at all compared to a lot of fullbacks and his dribbling isn't particularly good. It's also hard to claim he is more of a wingback than a fullback when he has pretty much never played as a wingback in his life and even spent a lot of his youth career as a CB.

Alabaster Codify7

Gut feeling....

Tuanzebe will get a loan to a Championship team where he actually has playing time, guaranteed. Villa in hindsight was a poor choice, they had a solid, cemented defense.

TFM - with Dalot coming, will also go on loan again.

Pereira will be sold to a Spanish side.

CBJ - I forgot he's even on our books. Will be sold.

Wilson, I'm not sure why anyone is mentioning to be honest.

Aloysius's Back 3

You're overstating his pace and dribbling. He isn't fast at all compared to a lot of fullbacks and his dribbling isn't particularly good. It's also hard to claim he is more of a wingback than a fullback when he has pretty much never played as a wingback in his life and even spent a lot of his youth career as a CB.
I didnt overstate his pace- i said he had an element of pace with directness - which he was; he made runs that were direct in to space on attack and his crossing was direct to.

My claim that he was more of a wingback than a fullback was because again of his directness in the way he attacked was close to the line, had an element of pace and wanted to cross. My opinion over our left backs have always been this - Young is a wingback, Shaw is a left back and CBJ is a wing back primarily due to the angle they attack from and defend from. I agree I never saw him there but I don't personally need to see Martial & Rashford struggling at wingers to know they are not winger's and vice versa.

The way CBJ attacked & defended left spaces behind him whilst he tried to manipulate the spaces in front of him (due to his directness) that would require a defensive back 3 and a more central attacking line up allowing him to hold the touch line more.

That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Exited about Axel and TFM for next season. I think its sad we haven't manage to make something out of CBJ tho, he is about as defensively capable as our current fullbacks but with a dangerous cross on him we surely could have benefited from this season. If we are going to sell Darmian and Blind anyways, why not let him at least train with the squad and give him a couple of chances to see how he react. It's a big letdown to me, seems like we're leaving it all up to him, with the Leeds loan etc. If it was to toughen him up or what but it hasn't worked out

Acole9

Outstanding
Fosu Mensah and Tuanzebe should both go back out on loan, the rest are finished and need to be moved on.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
CBJ and Wilson aren't good enough. TFM couldn't hold down a place at Palace, he's not ready yet. Tuanzebe and Periera are good enough for a squad role. The former is only 20 so we dont need to rush him into the side. If AP remains committed I can see him getting time off the bench, in cups and starting against lesser sides.
This

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
TFM and Axel should be integrated into the squad. (Rojo and Jones aren't good enough and should be moved on)

Pereira wasn't even the best young player at Valencia- we have better coming through.
CBJ- Championship level at best.

Robbo*

I think Axel should be in our squad as fourth centre half - behind Bailly, new CB and Lindelof. He's good enough and needs a chance - time to find out.

With Fosu, I'm not quite sure where he fits in. Think he could pick up a few games at RB, couple at CB but in midfield will be difficult as he plays in that Herrera-type third slot which we should by then have plenty of cover for. I think he's a great player though so would like him to stay - and I hope we get rid of the
deadwood squad players that will give him a few opportunities.

khoazany

I don't see anyone goes with this option but this is what I think will happen - Pereira will be kept around the first team and both TFM and Tuanzebe will go on loan. Wilson and CBJ are nailed on to leave in the summer.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
I don't see anyone goes with this option but this is what I think will happen - Pereira will be kept around the first team and both TFM and Tuanzebe will go on loan. Wilson and CBJ are nailed on to leave in the summer.
Periera's contract is expiring next summer, I believe he'll be sold. Axel and TFM will certainly go on loan hopefully from the start of the season.

DomM

I would like to see TFM, Pereira and Tuanzebe all given a chance in the pre season games before any decision is made.

We definitely need an extra midfielder and I would rather try AP than Fellaini, different types of players obviously, but we have had Fellaini 5 seasons and he isn' going to improve in any department, Pereira is still developing and might surprise us all.

Bwuk

Sadly don’t see any of them making it here

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
Cant see Pereira to survive with us, hes got it but doesnt play in a position Mou could use him. Hardly played as CM or CAM last few seasons but like to see if he could battle it out for a squad role with Lingard. I say give him a chance at the tour. If we end up signing 2 midfielders his chances will be very low. Can even see Mourinho giving more chances to bellow par McTominay strangely.

Tuanzebe was highly rated and TFM himself got some palying time under Mourinho despite not being totally ocnvincing but played some great games for Palace, both are rated here, unfortunately didn't get enough game time to make the leap, I thiánk there will be another loan for one and one will get a minor squad role, depends if we sign a new RB and who it will be

CBJ is long gone, shouldn't even be on the list, the same with J. Wilson, now average players who won't make it here

SteveW

Yeah same old bollocks with Wilson, the people who say they never rated him clearly didn't watch any reserve team football when he was around. He was one of the best talents I've ever seen at youth level. Fantastic player.
I agree to a point. He was sensational at underage level but a lot of it was down to him being so bloody fast that teams couldn't handle it. I felt it almost made it so easy that he didn't have to develop some other areas of his game as much as he could have. This has shown in his first team football in him struggling to get into games much, hold the ball up etc. He's no longer the fastest player on the pitch by miles (although still rapid) Obviously injuries haven't helped either. I think he'll end up following a similar trajectory to someone like Josh King and becoming a very decent PL player in hishmid/late 20s. His pace and natural finishing ability makes him a player worth developing.

TheReligion

Abusive
Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzabe are both rated by Mourinho. He has used them both in the first team whilst at the club.

Can see them getting the opportunity to be part of the squad.

Wilson and Borthwick-Jackson will be moved on though and rightly so.

I'm excited by Lee O'Connor.

Dolf

Hoping to see more of Pereira in the first team this season. Only Tuanzebe and TFM are good enough to get a chance imo, although another loan to a low/midtable PL club could be good too.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
What really hinders us is the absence of a quality reserve team league. We should just straight up buy a club in league one or league two and just send all our youth players on loan there. Sack off the u-23 permanently, as it’s a waste of time.

Young players need games. U-23 doesn’t have anywhere near enough and is not competitive enough. It’s a real problem when you bring back players like TFM and Pereira. They aren’t going to play every week, but if they are going to get the chance to impress they need to be in and around the squad.

Given how shite our right hand side is, and how much Lukaku thrives on crosses, AP should be given a chance. Mata should be sold.

Robbo*

What really hinders us is the absence of a quality reserve team league. We should just straight up buy a club in league one or league two and just send all our youth players on loan there. Sack off the u-23 permanently, as it’s a waste of time.

Young players need games. U-23 doesn’t have anywhere near enough and is not competitive enough. It’s a real problem when you bring back players like TFM and Pereira. They aren’t going to play every week, but if they are going to get the chance to impress they need to be in and around the squad.

Given how shite our right hand side is, and how much Lukaku thrives on crosses, AP should be given a chance. Mata should be sold.
Agree on the RW point - Pereira quite similar type of midfielder to Beckham in that regard, although sadly without the workrate, attitude and tough of magic..

Red Royal

Agree on the RW point - Pereira quite similar type of midfielder to Beckham in that regard, although sadly without the workrate, attitude and tough of magic..

Yep, annoyingly for Romeu is that th3 best crosser from the right is Lukaku... :annoyed:
Of th3 three I see TFM being eased into the squad and the others loaned/sold.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
From what I’ve seen/read

Pereira-understandably impatient for an opportunity but Jose not the type to be coerced into giving him a chance unless he’s truly earned it.

Wilson-great pity for him but injuries have finished him at United.

Tuanzebe-not seen enough to have an opinion.

CBJ-a level below required United quality.

TFM-there’s something in there but if you give him a run in the team now he’ll cost you, IMO. Do you take the risk of short term pain for long term gain? Given his own precarious position I can’t see Mourinho taking that gamble this coming season. Loan again or Cup and crisis only squad player.

tomaldinho1

I think I saw an article with TFM saying Mou told him he had a three year plan, which was why he was happy to go out on loan to try and get some experience.

Valenica/TFM cover the RB
CBJ will be moved on
Axel will be loaned out for a full season
Wilson will be moved on
Pereira will be sold and end up somewhere random like Zenit

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
The CBJ case is stranger to me on the basis that in one of Mourinho's last games for Chelsea, CBJ had a very accomplished performance at left back. Solid defensively, created our best opening going forward with his crossing. Maybe it was too much to ask to think that performance might stick in Mourinho's head, but either way, it looks like he is done here.

Marcky411

None of them will make the first team, Jose will shift them out on loan or sell them. If they are to stay with the first team they will be training partners and bench warmers.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think I saw an article with TFM saying Mou told him he had a three year plan, which was why he was happy to go out on loan to try and get some experience.

Valenica/TFM cover the RB
CBJ will be moved on
Axel will be loaned out for a full season
Wilson will be moved on
Pereira will be sold and end up somewhere random like Zenit
Agree with all this. And i really hope that tfm will get a chance here. Sooner or later.

Tango80

Tuanzebe - probably the most likely to make it at United. Versatile and still young. Mou will want to keep him, or might go on loan at a mid table Champ side
Fosu-Mensah - Probably get sold. Decent player but Mou will favour Tuanzebe more I feel, may be good for a Huddersfield/Cardiff though.
Pereira - shot his load when he decided to take the easy option and get game time at a smaller club rather than fight his way into the first team. As it pans out McTominay was the beneficiary here, had Pereira stuck around I think he would have gotten the nod over McTominay. Decent talent and still young but his mentality is the difference between him making it here and being a jobbing lower league journeyman in La Liga. Sadly, at the moment he's destined to be the latter unless something drastically changes.
CBJ - Looked good under LvG but most of that defence did because of the negative football. Even McNair looked decent under Lvg for Christ sake. Good enough for the Champo but no more.
Wilson - my only memory of him is throwing up before taking a pen for Brighton. Get rid.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
James Wilson will be released when his contract expires.

Tuanzebe will most likely be loaned out again.

Pereira will be sold most likely.

Borthwick-Jackson isn't even close to Premier League standard & will be sold or released.

Fosu-Mensah, I'm not sure about, personally I'd keep him around but groom him to be a Defensive Midfielder. I think he could be a decent back-up to Matic, he's not a full back for me.

kundalini

Andreas Pereira will be sold because he doesn't want to sit on the bench for long spells, while Mourinho doesn't consider him ready to be a regular starter. If he stayed at United, the best he could hope for is to get chances when there are injuries, then do enough to force his way into the team.

The rest will go out on loan.

CBJ and Wilson have contracts that pay them far more than any Championship or League One club would do, so the most likely scenario is that United loan them out in the hope that they perform at a level that will attract buyers. The other option would be to pay up a big chunk of their contract then sell them for a nominal fee. Neither has done anything in the last 2 years that would tempt clubs to pay much for them.

TFM's chances of being back-up to Valencia seem to have vanished given we appear to be signing Dalot. In the medium term I suspect he will be considered a CB, most probably for another team. I don't see him being a DM at PL level any time soon. He could be a contender for right-back when Valencia retires. PL loan

Tuanzebe - Championship loan. Needs tons of experience playing CB at a reasonable level.

Last edited:

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I worked at leeds this season, and from what I could gather about CBJ his attitude was extremely poor. He turned up thinking he had already made it, and despite playing alright early on in the season he pretty much vanished from the squad as a result.
Based on that it seems like his career has curtailed due to his own commitment levels, a shame but it happens.
I'd imagine Axel and TFM will be in the squad within the next two seasons, I'd have TFM as one of our centre back options for the coming season.

Ghengis

I think that Jackson and Wilson will definitely be sold.

I think this summer we will see a lot of players leave so that can open up places for our youngsters.

Apart from Carrick that has retired. Players like Darmian, Blind, Fellaini, Herrera, Shaw,Mata, Smalling, Jones and Martial

Its very unlikely that 10 players would leave this summer but at least 7 will go im sure.

That will give Tuanzebe and TFM plenty of opportunities in Defence. As well as Pereira in midfield.

If Mourinho decides to give them a chance this year. It would be very pleasant to see so many academic players in the first team.

imayur75

CBJ and Wilson would be sold. Tuanzebe and TFM should be going on loan again especially where they will get gametime (PL or Championship). Keep Pereira as squad player. All 3 are talented players and United should have a proper look at them next year before releasing them year after. Tuanzebe and TFM might have two years or so to develop whereas for Pereira this might be make or break season. Speaking about Pereira, his loans has been okay and the main thing is he played many games. Signing of Fred means chances for Pereira being played in that CM role is minimal. I actually think that CM role would suit Pereira alot better with his passing, tackling, stamina, and dribbling abilities and Fred would edge over Pereira only in regards to vision, experience, and strong built.

Jev

Pereira is still just 22 and made 23 league appearances for the fourth-best team in Spain, would have been more but for injuries. Don't know how well he played but that alone suggests he does have something to offer us, especially considering we have more interest in developing him than Valencia.

CBJ and Wilson are nowhere near good enough. TFM and Tuanzebe need at least one more loan.

Last edited:

SprayingErmine6

The only players from this list I could imagine making the team are TFM and maybe Tuanzebe.
The others have not shown the quality to be first team or make an impact as a sub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Georgan

I honestly think Andreas wasted his shot at United last season. I rate Axel and Tim very highly and hope they get chances in the next few seasons. CBJ is useless.