Film Bad films that are enjoyable

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
13th Warrior
Con Air
First thing I thought of. Face Off is really good too in 'shit movie' category. In fact, anything Nick Cage is in is pretty shit but good.

Paxi

Yeah. And if Will Smith would’ve been Neo, Morpheus would’ve been white - they’ve considered Val Kilmer. In the end it worked out for the best.
Oh, God.

Paxi

Shooter.
The Wicker Man (2006).
Man of Steel.

Reiver

Timecop
A Shot At Glory
Starship Troopers
Species
Daredevil
Terminator 3
The Waterboy
Waterworld
The Postman
Pixels

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Batman & Robin.

Terminator 2 exists, so you're obviously wrong. Two of the Die Hards are 90s action flicks as well, making you even more wrong.
Maybe late 90's then. Although I'm not a huge fan of Die Hard personally and I class Terminator more of a sci-fi movie. Cone Air is straight up action.

Ramos

Sleepaway Camp
Riki-Oh The Story of Ricky
Blind Fury
Mortal Kombat
Alien Resurrection
Doom
Event Horizon

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
I don't even know if it counts as so-bad-it's-good because I think it's so fecking great but Starship Troopers.
Preach my man! The CGI looks great for 96-97, Verhoeven stages some wicked action sequences and Denise Richards and Dina Meyer are eye candy (whatever happened to her?)

Big Andy

Bloke
Get outta here ! :) Starship Troopers is just plain good. Was ahead of it's time when it came out. Just remember being blown away at the cinema when I saw it first time.
Was the first ever DVD I watched and I was blown away by the clarity of the picture...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Conan The Destroyer
Dragonheart
Highlander II
Leviathan (1989)
Casshern
Nirvana (One of these weird classics with Christopher Lambert)

Special mention to Uwe Boll's Rampage. Almost a decent movie... almost.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I watched Top Gun on a hugover the other day, on the promise that it’d be an “amusingly retro classic” and it was legitimately just fecking awful.

And not Face Off/Con Air “campy fun” awful.. like, I mean legitimately truly awful. In a “I can’t belive anyone thought this was a good film once” type of awful...

For a start, nothing happens in it. It’s basically all about a bunch of incredibly hateful rapey frat cnuts trying to pass a training exercise... who start off hating each other, but eventually realise they’re all equally hateful dickheads and bond over their repressed homoerotic self hatred, after one of them dies by simply being pretty bad at the training exercise. ..plus one of them pressures their teacher into banging him by following her into a toilet....I can’t stress enough just how absolutely fecking awful it is!

So anyway, yeah, this one is actually just so bad it’s bad. But unjustly considered good by... I dunno? Rapey cnuts? It’s a mystery to me.

Last edited:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Was the first ever DVD I watched and I was blown away by the clarity of the picture...
Agreed. It was just so frickin' awesome on the big screen. The bugs CGI set the bar at the time and the gore was realistic (apart from the molten bug spray bits). It was just a fantastic film. Verhoeven was just churning out great movie after great movie at the peak of his powers.

Ramos

Are the lesser Arnie flicks generally considered bad? Like The Running Man, Raw Deal, The Sixth Day etc. Because i find those quite enjoyable.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Independence Day definitely. Not the second one though which was shite on a stick.
Snatch and the rest of those British gangster numbers probably belong in here too.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Watched Eraser the other day. I never realized just how bad that film is. The cheesy lines, the bad acting, the OTT scenes. Enjoyable film but certainly bad overall.

Must say some fantastic one-liners though.
"You're luggage."
"You've just been erased."
"You're late!" -response- "Traffic."

NoLogo

Alita: Battle Angle. Some weird ass anime stile Pinocchio story that turned out to be quite fun after all. Dialog was complete trash. Actors were mediocre at best and the special effects too often dipped into the uncanny valley to be really believable.

But all in all the movie wasn't bad if didn't look for something deep and profound.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Recently came across Piranha (1978) while zapping. A bad movie in every way, but for some strange reason it was boring and entertaining at once.

justboy68

Final Destination and the sequels.

The earlier Adam Sandler movies before they got really, really shit.