Bale booing continues | Declining?

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Booing people does not make them play better, it just makes them feel stressed and unhappy and causes their performance to decline. You can test this by playing some online multiplayer games and abusing your teammates when they play poorly. It inevitably causes a bigger slump in performance, whereas being supportive often leads to a performance rise.
What? multiplayer? Are you for real or just a troll? These guys are the best and won't take damage from knowing they're not appreciated

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
You can keep that loser mentality for yourself (I'm sure your boss also cuddles you when you feck up at work) but you're not going to sell me that crap.

These guys are paid millions to play for the biggest club in the world at the world's biggest football stage, and the guy we're talking about here is also paid more then the highest paid player in EPL.
He also has a fixed spot in starting 11 from his first day at the club. The club gave him everything, so if he can't hack it, he should feck off back to EPL because he's not getting free rides here.
'You're not going to sell me that crap.' :lol: Read what you wrote. You said there is no pressure. So booing is pointless unless your aim is to make a fool of yourself.

What? multiplayer? Are you for real or just a troll? These guys are the best and won't take damage from knowing they're not appreciated
Issues of mental health are thought to be pretty common among players. Fans acting like fools can't help.

VP

So people think Real Madrid's 12 European Cups have been driven by a petulant, spoilt fanbase?

hubbuh

I agree with you.

Those high standards stands them in good stead.
It'd leave a bit of a sour taste for me, regardless of whether or not it stood us in good stead for winning titles (not entirely sure how booing your own players influences transfer policy). Utd fans on the other hand still cheer the names of players that sacked us off for greener pastures years ago.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It'd leave a bit of a sour taste for me, regardless of whether or not it stood us in good stead for winning titles (not entirely sure how booing your own players influences transfer policy). Utd fans on the other hand still cheer the names of players that sacked us off for greener pastures years ago.
I really am not one for the holier than thou.

Real have their own culture that works for them, we have ours. Doesn't mean ours is better or worse.

RoyH1

To be honest it does happen in Madrid too, just less frequently. Xabi Alonso was cheered when he was at the Bernabéu with Bayern.
The Bernabéu is more forgiving with midfielders. I have never heard anyone booing at Kroos or Modric.

hubbuh

I really am not one for the holier than thou.

Real have their own culture that works for them, we have ours. Doesn't mean ours is better or worse.
Yeah, you'll note I didn't actually say ours was necessarily better. But it would leave me feeling a bit cold if we started booing the very same players that had brought us unprecedented success. Everyone always bangs on about how you support your team through thick and thin, through the highs and lows etc. Why doesn't that nice little dictum extend to the players themselves?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Always found it strange how fans here always applaud a pass back to the goalkeeper.
Really? Always thought it was the opposition fans applauding their high press that forced the backpass.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's basic human psychology, people react better to positive stimuli. It may shock you to learn that football players are real human beings too.

Manny

Grammar Police
They don't settle for mediocrity. Not like in England when they clap you for winning a throw in. They expect you to be world class every week. That's the breaks with them. If you don't like it then either perform or don't go there in the first place.
I hate to admit it, but there's a reason to why Real Madrid has won 12 Champions League trophies.

Zero tolerance for underperformers. It's a ruthless approach.
I agree with both of these post. We applaud players for beating a man on the half way or playing a 50 yard ball to Valencia on the wing in a move that ultimately comes to nothing. Thats quite the gap in expectations.

And while Real fans discuss whether its time to cash in on player and bring in the next world class player, we are discussing whether or not Luke Shaw will have sufficiently recovered mentally from his leg break or debating whether Jose is being too harsh with Martial and Mikhi because he needs better performances, or whether Giggs and Scholes can still 'do a job for us'.

Real look to set there stall out to win the CL nearly every season and if that means being ruthless with players, then so be it. No one can argue its doesn't work. Its probably a big reason why the top players end up there, because they know its likely they'll be lifting the CL.

gaucho_10

'You're not going to sell me that crap.' :lol: Read what you wrote. You said there is no pressure. So booing is pointless unless your aim is to make a fool of yourself.
What I wrote is that pressure from afar (such as media and pundits) can't be considered a real pressure environment for the player.

Fans booing a player is a real pressure situation. Some can handle it, some can't. To play for Real Madrid you need to be able to take it and use it as motivation because that's how it is and it's not going to change.

Marcelo after the game on the whistles to Bale/Benzema: "At the Bernabeu this is normal. It means the team should be doing better than they are."

Big boys can take it and they know that they better deliver the next game because if they don't it's not going to be a pleasant night with the fans.

For a player to succeed at Real Madrid, he need to earn everything again and again and again for as long as he's there. If a petulant child like Ronaldo can take it and live with it, then everyone else should be able to if they want to be a part of the club.

I'm not saying this is the right way or the only way, but it's a part of Spanish football culture and more importantly a way of the most successful club in world football, so having others question it will not go well with Madrid fans.

K2K

Yeah, you'll note I didn't actually say ours was necessarily better. But it would leave me feeling a bit cold if we started booing the very same players that had brought us unprecedented success. Everyone always bangs on about how you support your team through thick and thin, through the highs and lows etc. Why doesn't that nice little dictum extend to the players themselves?
I don't think they are booing the players per se, but shoddy poor perfomances. Especially half hearted ones. It's a message that 'You are at the biggest club in the world, we expect the best effort every game'

Booing is prevalent in England too. It's just there it's usually targeted to the entire team and not just one individual. Usually occurs at Half time or full time. Happened quite a lot under the Van Gaal death by pointless possession era. Also there in some games last season.

ChaddyP

Yeah they're a bit more spoilt in madrid.
At least they are honest and consistent about it. They don't care if you're a club legend or fecking fellaini. You don't perform they gonna whistle and wave white handkerchiefs :lol:. They are spoilt and they don't allow standards to slip. They don't just blame the manager they have a go at the players. Hate it or love it they are the most successful club in world football of course they are spoilt

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why should they be content with anything other than exceptional? How do you think they became double CL winners?
Fecking ridiculous logic. Why do Juventus have less European titles than United? Why have they never won a treble? They're much more likely to criticise their players so something seems amiss...

It's just a cultural thing. Valencia fans boo their players for not reaching the level they expect too. It doesn't help them much.

The reason Madrid win the most is because they often have the best players. Their first 5 titles were because they assembled one of the best teams of the 20th century. A large part of that was thanks to Franco exerting his influence at key moments. The fans were a complete afterthought.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Fecking ridiculous logic. Why do Juventus have less European titles than United? Why have they never won a treble? They're much more likely to criticise their players so something seems amiss...

It's just a cultural thing. Valencia fans boo their players for not reaching the level they expect too. It doesn't help them much.

The reason Madrid win the most is because they often have the best players. Their first 5 titles were because they assembled one of the best teams of the 20th century. A large part of that was thanks to Franco exerting his influence at key moments. The fans were a complete afterthought.
Including preventing Di Stefano joining Barca

gaucho_10

Franco helped Real Madrid so much that RM didn’t win a single league title for the first 18 years of Franco’s reign. I wonder why he waited so long to get involved.

hubbuh

I don't think they are booing the players per se, but shoddy poor perfomances. Especially half hearted ones. It's a message that 'You are at the biggest club in the world, we expect the best effort every game'

Booing is prevalent in England too. It's just there it's usually targeted to the entire team and not just one individual. Usually occurs at Half time or full time. Happened quite a lot under the Van Gaal death by pointless possession era. Also there in some games last season.
Good point., though there is something meaner about singling out individuals for me. I don't watch Bale enough to comment, but it's curious he'd bang on about how happy he is at Madrid if his effort on the pitch consistently suggests the opposite.

Hawks2008

Who cares? The madrid fans can boo or cheer their players how they see fit, i could give a feck.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Franco helped Real Madrid so much that RM didn’t win a single league title for the first 18 years of Franco’s reign. I wonder why he waited so long to get involved.
So Franco had no role whatsoever in the di Stéfano signing?

K2K

Good point., though there is something meaner about singling out individuals for me. I don't watch Bale enough to comment, but it's curious he'd bang on about how happy he is at Madrid if his effort on the pitch consistently suggests the opposite.
It's harsher when done individually true.

I think he's one of the highest earner at a club with unparelled success on the field and he's usually been a starter for the majority of his time at the club. He will not want to move. I think things could be different next Summer if he is benched consistently.

RoyH1

That story is pretty interesting. Most of my information about it comes from this article: https://grup14.com/article/the-di-stefano-case-explained
You do know that that is a Barcelona forum, right? And that, well, it's hard for them to ever be objective about anything Madrid.

Nothing that can be proven. You do know Franco helped Atletico Madrid get the land cheap for building the Vicente Calderón, right? Or that the regime helped Barcelona by changing the land ownership rules so that they'd avoid bankruptcy?
The truth is more complex than common knowledge. Franco was well aware that football was the opiate of the masses for a poor and divided Spain.

Borat Sagdiyev

He's not leaving until he's totally broken or his pace is gone.

Yes, the best player in the UK should have played for us, but we were in a rare down period. Let's disabuse ourselves of this fantasy.

gaucho_10

I don't think anyone is denying that, but even then RFEF decided that Di Stefano could play for alternate clubs over the course of four years, starting with a season at Real.

Barca wanted none of that and made the decision to let the player go to Madrid.

Call it pride or call it stupidity, makes no difference. They had the possibility to alter the course of football history. They just didn't take it.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Don't want him anywhere near our first XI - fed up of has been mercenaries.

He can stay at Madrid and enjoy the white handkerchiefs.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
This happens or has happened in every stadium in Spain.
Many times the reason is the apathy.
I think the translation of these boos would be frustration of fans for his lack of prominence now that Cristiano is out,the feeling that he earns 17m€ net and hasn't showed his true potential.
There are squad players like Vázquez showing more during the games.
All this is fueled by the tiredness with the BBC privileges and the debate about other alternatives who used better their minutes.
Anyway I think the anger is mostly with Benzema

Mickfoley

We have lost the moral high ground to criticize Real Madrid fans or any other friends for that matter after the Sir Alex Ferguson era.
We have our self criticized our players to the level which was not seen before on this forum, we have also booed Nani and Fellaini numerous times whether they were coming on to the field or coming off the field.
I am sorry but we have lost the moral high ground to criticize fans of other clubs for the behaviour that we have seen our set of fans do very often these past 4 years.

prtk0811

We have lost the moral high ground to criticize Real Madrid fans or any other friends for that matter after the Sir Alex Ferguson era.
We have our self criticized our players to the level which was not seen before on this forum, we have also booed Nani and Fellaini numerous times whether they were coming on to the field or coming off the field.
I am sorry but we have lost the moral high ground to criticize fans of other clubs for the behaviour that we have seen our set of fans do very often these past 4 years.
:houllier:

I have never heard Nani getting booed.

Fellani a few times when he was absolutely atrocious.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
To be fair a good number of people on here (including me) have criticized booing even from our fan base. I find it counterproductive and senseless.

Manny

Grammar Police
:houllier:

I have never heard Nani getting booed.

Fellani a few times when he was absolutely atrocious.
Nani was booed. 14:41 on the video below.

Pretty sure there was another time too where we were loosing and he strolled off the pitch after being subbed.