Bale.... or Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKDevil

Willian would do wonders for us. Type of player he is and whereabouts he is in his career experience wise is perfect for Mourinho. Wonder if he’d still leave even if Conte goes.

C'est Moi Cantona

Non really, but if I had to pick one it'd be Willian, not because he's the best, but because he'd be the only one who felt like he actually wanted to join us for the right reasons.

We're not here to pick up the pieces once these players only real true love finds a younger model, Bale would be particularly hard to accept as a United player now.

James Peril

If available, I would pursue them in the following order:

Ronaldo
Bale
Willian

Ronaldo would give us 30 goals or more a season, and that would be instrumental.
Also worth noting, 30 in the league - not total. I don’t care if a striker scores two against Yeovil in the cup, I want two goals away to Chelsea and Spurs and games like that. We need more goal, next season Sanchez needs to step up - and I think he will. Willian could help in that regard, he is very good at carrying the ball between lines and freeing up other attackers

Woziak

Willian did not impress tonight, and he is a massive risk at 50M, much rather we chase the impossible dream and bring back Ronaldo, he will still be World class st 36 and still score 20 league goals.
Bale does not want to come to United so can we please just delete him from the forum and the thread. He almost enjoys turning us down, listening to Patrick Evra on ITV today telling the worldwide audience what it takes to play for United was so wonderful.

Personally, I would like to see more of these type of players joining our club that are willing to die for the shirt and give everything for the badge.

Pav1878

Willian did not impress tonight, and he is a massive risk at 50M, much rather we chase the impossible dream and bring back Ronaldo, he will still be World class st 36 and still score 20 league goals.
Bale does not want to come to United so can we please just delete him from the forum and the thread. He almost enjoys turning us down, listening to Patrick Evra on ITV today telling the worldwide audience what it takes to play for United was so wonderful.

Personally, I would like to see more of these type of players joining our club that are willing to die for the shirt and give everything for the badge.
Really? I thoth the William played well, some very nice touches and link up play.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo but doesn't make financial sense to bring him to OT for what would be a retirement pension scheme.

Bale can't prove his fitness so would be too risky.

Of the three I would take Willian

Tiber

hell of a gap between the first 2 choices and the third

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Mourinho thinks signing Willian will get us the league, he's having a laugh.

Devil may care

IF we really pay £60M for Willian it would be a fecking joke, he wont improve us at all, he's lots of hustle and very little end product. Of the 3 Bale is the only feasible one and with Zidane gone he is likely to fancy staying at Real.

Tiber

He'd cost an absolute feckload, and as good as he still is, he's still human, and I don't think he'll be able to keep this up for much longer. I'd rather we build for the future than looking for the past.
Willian at 60m feels rather like an absolute feckload

Champagne Football

We'd be almost impossible to beat if we sign Willian and a monster CB too. But in terms of attack we'd be relying on Sanchez/Lukaku/Pogba to nick that goal for a 1-0 win.

Willian will be amazing in those games away to City or Barca where we're parking the bus. But home to say Fulham you'd think Rashford will get a run.

Willian reminds me of Ji Sung Park.

Mainoldo

Willian would be perfect for the right. But we need that match winner and Alexis is a big doubt. Get Bale.

EyeInTheSky

Willian would be a monumental improvement to our right side. Imagine we actually had someone who could actually do something there. We have been chronically unproductive and lopsided due to everything coming from the left/ centre.

It is not like we are not after Bale (who may actually want to play more central or at worse on the left), he has turned us down at least 3 times and that was also when SAF was at the helm.

Tiber

Willian is 29? 60m for a 29 year old Willian? Even by our recent transfer standards...wowza

AndyJ1985

I hope we get Willian. He's not a star player but we don't need one. We need someone who is consistent, reliable, works hard, and will improve our attack. He'd be another Matic. A sensible signing that won't get people excited because he's an old fart at 29, but he'll be exactly what we need.

Woziak

Really? I thoth the William played well, some very nice touches and link up play.

Ronaldo is Ronaldo but doesn't make financial sense to bring him to OT for what would be a retirement pension scheme.

Ronaldo still loves the club and Sir Alex, only problem is he loves himself even more but if there was any chance and the fee was 100M or less, it's a no brainer!!

Bale can't prove his fitness so would be too risky.

Of the three I would take Willian

reddaz71

Willian while being a good fit for the right wing would not take us to the next level whereas Bale actually would, unfortunately we will probably end up paying over the odds for the former.

Fer

I hope we get Willian. He's not a star player but we don't need one. We need someone who is consistent, reliable, works hard, and will improve our attack. He'd be another Matic. A sensible signing that won't get people excited because he's an old fart at 29, but he'll be exactly what we need.
William is a good option but...
IMO Mahrez would be a better option. Not because he is younger, I just think Mahrez is a better player and he would cost the same as William.

izec

We will not sign anyone, except Willian, if we include Martial in the deal. I hope not. Go for another winger please, Chucky Lozano please.

Sigma

We will not sign anyone, except Willian, if we include Martial in the deal. I hope not. Go for another winger please, Chucky Lozano please.
Exactly what we need, another left winger.

izec

Exactly what we need, another left winger.
He is not a left winger per se, Müller played on the right for Germany but isnt a right winger. Lozano is an attacking allrounder and played as a RW plenty of times this season for Psv and for Mexico

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Yeh. I want players come to United with glistering eyes and proud voice, when asked about being a United player. The like of Griezman and Bale can feck off away from this club, if it's up to me.

Hawks2008

I have always found the overrating of Willian on here absolutely mental.
Agreed. He's a good player but I doubt he'd elevate us very much. I think the overrating comes from the fact he's seen as a Mourinho man so the pro-jose camp want him purely based off of that perception. It's all agenda driven, a good steady player but we need a bit more than steady if we're to close the gap to City.

SNes

I thought we got ripped off with Mata now we're going back for Willian.

Patrick08

Ronaldo ain't coming here, and both Bale and Willian will be incredibly hard deals to do as the clubs they are at won't make it easy for us to sign them and demand a huge price for both the players just like our stand with Martial.

Chelsea fans will be pulling their hair out if they see Willian signing for us, can Abramovic withstand the pressure? Remains to be seen, and even then price would be very high for a 29 year old, if they agree to sell so that we'd have to rethink the decision twice. Papers report a 60 m fee could be required to land him which is a steep price for the player i think, specially when Liverpool payed half the price for both Sadio Mane and Mo Salah who for me are both better than Willian in the final third of the pitch as they are more direct and clinical than him and have better numbers. So i guess it won't be easy to land Willian for us just like we had it easy with Matic.

Bale on the other hand have repeatedly expressed his desire to stay and play for Madrid, and if the new manager assures him of game time that will be his priority again over a move to United. Madrid will only sell him if the desire to leave comes from the player himself that too only for steep price which will be a massive package for a injury ridden player like him including transfer fee and wages.

We might have to scour the new World cup stars for a Right Winger.

Last edited:

suhaylah

Everyone thought Sanchez would elevate us to another level when he would come. I have the feeling if we sign Willian (who most of us do not rate highly) he would do exactly what we expected of Sanchez. And hopefully Sanchez improves his performances next season.

AKDevil

Willian while being a good fit for the right wing would not take us to the next level whereas Bale actually would, unfortunately we will probably end up paying over the odds for the former.
He might do because currently we have no consistent and effective right winger so automatically by having one we will be better.

GM K

Bale, pls.
The Bale figures and his injury record scare me. Most rumours say about 120 million and he averages about half a season injured. I will rather go for a cheaper, fitter and more adaptable to Mourinho Willian. His goals ratio are low but he is one of those players who bring a lot to a team apart from goals. Iniesta scores less than Ramos per season but he brings a lot to Barcelona.

I watch Willian a lot. I am convinced he will bring a lot to our team if signed. His crosses are brilliant, he is quick, he is intelligent, he tracks back as well as he attacks and of course, he is Brazillian. He is certainly worth more than half the price of Bale.

IAmAWinner

Willian would be a shocking signing at 60m. He has a couple of games a season where he looks a world beater, but most of the time his decision making is absolutely awful and his end product is terrible for a winger.
Give me an injury prone Bale or aging Ronaldo all day long.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Can't get excited about Willian, seems to blow hot and cold.

Has Bale got over his injury issues?

Ronaldo is a luxury player, in the mould of Zlatan, he would score bucket loads of goals for the next 2, even 3, years. Don't mind paying him big money, because we know he'd deliver, but wouldn't want to pay a serious transfer fee for him.

Baxter

Chelsea fans will be pulling their hair out if they see Willian signing for us, can Abramovic withstand the pressure?
Don’t think so. Most opinions I’ve seen have been of the opinion that they’d be happy enough to see him go and they’d drive him to Manchester themself for anywhere near £60m.

MUFC OK

Willian should not be in our plans whatsoever, let alone at £6om for a player who isn't a starter for a team that we are already better than. I hope this is just media speculation designed to make us look stupid again rather than that actually being the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.