Ballon D’or 2019: who will win it? (Alleged leak: Messi 1, Van Dijk 2, Salah 3).

Pocho

Who should win it? Messi like he should have over the last ten years if the best player is the awarded, who will win it? No fecking idea

mdvmia

Supports
Barcelona
This will probably be one of the biggest landslides in Ballon d'Or history. Messi is miles ahead of the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

VanKenny

Messi could even win the CL's MVP, unless Van Dijk/Mane do something outstanding on the final.

gibers

Modric already broke the streak.

Probably one of Neymar or Mbappe. I think VVD has a big chance if Pool win the CL.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Neymar will never win the award.

youmeletsfly

I might be bitter but they might as well scrap it, the new generation are social.media whores and drama queens.

I'd give Jovic a chance. Mbappe will win one if he goes to madrid/barca

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Modric already broke the streak.

Probably one of Neymar or Mbappe. I think VVD has a big chance if Pool win the CL.
Yeah, I think Virgil has a shot at it. Neymar is as likely as Phil Jones at this moment in time.

In future, Mbappe, maybe Hazard if Real become good again.

Canagel

Pogba or Neymar (if he stops to get injured) or Mbappe or Mane/Salah

Last edited:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Modric did it last year.

If Liverpool win the CL van Dijk could be in for a shout this year.

As for the future, Mbappe looks a lock at this point. I could see him winning several to be honest. Possibly Joao Felix and Sancho? Although it's far too early to say on them.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Neymar Salah Mbappe or Hazard, Pogba has little to no chance.
Pogba is incredibly famous and marketable. If Pogba and De Bruyne for example both have unbelievable seasons, Pogba will get it, because he's a bigger name. With UEFA it's just as much about name as it is talent.

Bokito

Pogba is incredibly famous and marketable. If Pogba and De Bruyne for example both have unbelievable seasons, Pogba will get it, because he's a bigger name. With UEFA it's just as much about name as it is talent.
Neither UEFA nor FIFA has anything to do with it. To a certain extent it is a popularity contest by football players for football players, organised by a French magazine. Neymar doesn’t seem like a very likeable guy, so in doubt between players that’d cost him.

In the past 40 odd years, only one defender and two defensive midfielders/libero type of players have won, all the others were more attacking players. I wouldn’t rule out VvD this season (if Liverpool’d win the CL and the Netherlands the nations league), but other than that: probably attacking players in the lobg run. Mbappe seems a logical choice, other than that I’d struggle to come up with an obvious one. Maybe Griezmann? Maybe Sterling? Maybe Sane?

Aloysius's Back 3

Pogba :lol:

Was never the most important player in any of his previous clubs or national team- he ends up coming to one where everyone treats him as the deity & now excuses coming to why he hasn't performed.

Pogba is a good player but is far far away from being a Great.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
One of Hazard's dreams is to win this isn't it?

Obviously not happening on diet of europa league but if say Real Madrid win the CL with him at the heart next season and then Belgium have strong euros then he'll have a very good chance. Same formula worked for Modric.

marktan

Mbappe and Neymar could both have a good shout if Neymar could stay injury free and lead PSG to a CL win. The pool of top teams is as weak as it has ever been, so they could do it, but they need hurry as Bayern, Borussia, Real and Barca are all strengthening strongly this summer. Sadly though the rest of their team isn't good enough imo to win.

Hazard maybe if Real win a CL.

I'll put in an outside shot for Jadon Sancho. Not close atm but he has the raw talent imo, if he gets game time and continues to develop I think he could maybe get there. More likely to reach the tier of players like Sterling / Mane though.

Schneckerl

Would be surprised if Mbappe never wins one. I don't think we'll see a domination like in the past 10 years though and winners will vary often

Web of Bissaka

2018 -- Modric, done!

2019 -- Salah or Mane or VVD? Kane?
(What will happen to CL final to decide this, but I think even if Pool lose, if they keep their momentum to the start of next season, it'll be one of their players. Likely van Dijk. I mean Modric won it despite losing WC final to France, granted he won CL before that of course which helps. Liverpool are riding on their top reputation now of being in CL final twice consecutively. Spurs is like a one off, so low chance their player will win it even if they win CL.)

2020 -- Hazard?

2021 -- Mbappe?

2022 -- Pogba?

Last edited:

Canagel

The outrage that former Golden Boy, best young WC player, FifPro world XI nominee, Uefa team of year nominee, , PFA TOTY nominee, EL best player could possibly be nominated for the Ballon Dor...

He will have been nominated already if he joined the Spanish big two instead he came here to be the scapegoat. If he got out soon and be part of winning environment and growing club I could see him to win otherwise not because he's wasting time. Infact all top players should take the lesson and avoid to come here because you'll be getting scapegoated. Players doesn't grow and in most cases even gets worse. A miserable environment.

Canagel

Pogba :lol:

Was never the most important player in any of his previous clubs or national team- he ends up coming to one where everyone treats him as the deity & now excuses coming to why he hasn't performed.

Pogba is a good player but is far far away from being a Great.
He was most important player for Juventus in 15/16 season. I still find it funny everyone says Pirlo and Vidal made him look good yet in his best season none of them was there. He was given the number 10 shirt and became the main playmaker ending as top assister of the league.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
He was most important player for Juventus in 15/16 season. I still find it funny everyone says Pirlo and Vidal made him look good yet in his best season none of them was there. He was given the number 10 shirt and became the main playmaker ending as top assister of the league.
Very debatable on whether he was better than Dybala

Aloysius's Back 3

Okay but what exactly did Juventus do that year? Dybala scored 23 goals that year & no one is talking about him being a balon dor winner right now? Again, I'm not saying that Pogba is a rubbish player - but no one apart from United fans have this view that he is or able to be this best in the world player.

You put Pogba in a general midfield 2 and then the lad is being held up to his full potential, so to compensare you let him free in front of 2 CDM instead just to find there is tons of AM or even SS that could do the job Pogba does with more finesse, ability and consistency.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Okay but what exactly did Juventus do that year? Dybala scored 23 goals that year & no one is talking about him being a balon dor winner right now? Again, I'm not saying that Pogba is a rubbish player - but no one apart from United fans have this view that he is or able to be this best in the world player.

You put Pogba in a general midfield 2 and then the lad is being held up to his full potential, so to compensare you let him free in front of 2 CDM instead just to find there is tons of AM or even SS that could do the job Pogba does with more finesse, ability and consistency.
This. What holds up him fulfilling his promise is his unwillingness to consistently deliver what we know he is capable of while also maintaining the discipline and workrate a midfield two requires.

He seems to shun and get offended by "the shackles", while embracing that role in full is what could make him really special/unique.

Aloysius's Back 3

This. What holds up him fulfilling his promise is his unwillingness to consistently deliver what we know he is capable of while also maintaining the discipline and workrate a midfield two requires.

He seems to shun and get offended by "the shackles", while embracing that role in full is what could make him really special/unique.
And this is why I say - the best Pogba is ever going to be is playing the way he played for France. Stop pretending that he is some sort of midfield magician & tell him to focus on the dirty work in a midfield 2. He isn't good enough as an attacker to be playing further up & the quicker he focuses on the basics of what most centre midfielders have - then the better and more useful he is going to be in any teams he plays.

el3mel

Mbappe
Hazard
KDB

Pogba winning it is day dreams fantasy from his die hard fans.

I don't think Neymar will ever win it either unless he pushes for a move to Madrid.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
- Mbappé (if he moved to Real or Barca)
- Salah (unfortunately Liverpool will be up there in next couple of seasons fighting for trophies while Salah is their best forward)
- De Bruyne (City will finally win the quadruple one day and De Bruyne will win Ballon D’or)
- Hazard (he will be Real talisman, and Zidane will bring Real back to top)
- Pogba (if he moves to Real or Juventus, and bother to play, he may have a chance)

Kamprad

I actually think Martial still has a good shot if he picks his game up

jk.

Hughes35

The only thing stopping Mbappe willing it multiple times Is PSG. If he leaves and goes to Real for example I'm sure he will win it 3 or 4 times.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Salah - if they keep us this form and win major honours
VVD - good shout if they win the CL
De Bruyne - they’ll eventually win CL, with other trophies, and he’ll play a big part
Hazard - along the line with Real
Mbappe - too young and too good for it not to happen eventually

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Virgil van Dijk is going to win this one if Pool win the CL I think.
Mbappé will be in with a shout.
Hazard if he does wel for Real will ben a contender.
I guess Neymar if he can get his head out of his arse for long enough.