Balotelli again.....

manutddjw

In my opinion, he's probably the most overrated footballer in the world, but all credit to him that he's smart enough to use the media to create the perception that he's better than he is. Little things like posing with a gun on Twitter puts him in the news, and when you constantly hear the name Balotelli, you start to think there's something special about him to always hear about him. Unfortunately for him, his job is a footballer and rarely is there something to rave about on that side of things. I don't see the hype on the football side of things. He takes a ridiculous amount of shots from anywhere on the pitch, often ending up nowhere near the target, but he ends up scoring a screamer and gets lauded as being good. Or he's invisible all game, but takes a penalty that wins the game and he's called a match winner.

I realize he's young, but if you took away the media hype that he causes and his look (being a black Italian makes him unique and stand out from every other player), I don't think people rave about him as a footballer on his ability alone.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Say what you like but football is definitely better off for having the likes of Mario Balotelli

beergod

Say what you like but football is definitely better off for having the likes of Mario Balotelli
Football is definitely better off when the likes of Mario Balotelli plays for your rival. I would describe him as a lazy cretin, but that would be insulting to cretins.

RooneyLegend

He's at the crossroads IMO. If he doesn't change his on field attitude he'll be remembered as a running joke rather than a great player. We're witnessing a serious waste of talent here IMO.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He's at the crossroads IMO. If he doesn't change his on field attitude he'll be remembered as a running joke rather than a great player. We're witnessing a serious waste of talent here IMO.
He's already that. He's just some lazy shithead who is idolised by 14 year old shitheads for being a lad.

Eriksen

He's already that. He's just some lazy shithead who is idolised by 14 year old shitheads for being a lad.
Oh god, tell me about it. I'm 18 and even people around my age frequently refer to him as that and it makes me cringe beyond belief. Yeah he's such a lad crashing cars around, nearly burning down his house and struggling to put on a bib. Spastic more like, with a shite haircut who thinks he's better than he actually is. His crap tweet about the queen pretty much sums the guy up, maybe instead of posting that he should've concentrated on the match ahead as he ended up putting in one of the worst striker performances I've ever seen vs. Costa Rica, in which he missed multiple sitters, was offside a criminal amount of times and generally waltzed around stinking the place up.

Was crap vs. England as well despite his simple goal, then he did that stupid gesture you expect from 12 year olds on FIFA, not from a professional in an international game. Can you imagine the likes of Pirlo doing that gesture? No, far too much class to gloat after only one world cup group game and far too much respect for the opposition.

And no, football isn't better off because of the likes of him, because he's an overpaid, overrated dickhead with the intelligence of a turnip. It's certainly not better off if you're a fan of the team he plays for.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
It's kinda weird how many people seem to despise Balotelli. I get despising Suarez, he's a racist diving cannibal. Those are good reasons to genuinely loathe a man. Balotelli is a different, he really hasn't done anything to anyone, all he's done is waste his own talent. That warrants pity really, or amusement (which is how I feel about him). He's not in my beloved team stinking up the training ground and locker room with his antics, he's not even in this league so United haven't played him in a while. In my book, when someone acts like a clown, the appropriate response is to laugh at him then move on. :lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Oh god, tell me about it. I'm 18 and even people around my age frequently refer to him as that and it makes me cringe beyond belief. Yeah he's such a lad crashing cars around, nearly burning down his house and struggling to put on a bib. Spastic more like, with a shite haircut who thinks he's better than he actually is. His crap tweet about the queen pretty much sums the guy up, maybe instead of posting that he should've concentrated on the match ahead as he ended up putting in one of the worst striker performances I've ever seen vs. Costa Rica, in which he missed multiple sitters, was offside a criminal amount of times and generally waltzed around stinking the place up.

Was crap vs. England as well despite his simple goal, then he did that stupid gesture you expect from 12 year olds on FIFA, not from a professional in an international game. Can you imagine the likes of Pirlo doing that gesture? No, far too much class to gloat after only one world cup group game and far too much respect for the opposition.

And no, football isn't better off because of the likes of him, because he's an overpaid, overrated dickhead with the intelligence of a turnip. It's certainly not better off if you're a fan of the team he plays for.
Bloody hell. You're 18? Lighten up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I don't see the problem with him posting his latest instagram pic, nothing to see here move on.
As for being wasted talent, well I think it remains to be seen tbh, his goalscoring record for his age is incredible

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
@Eriksen

Good post. Balotelli is a tit and sums up everything that is wrong with the modern footballer.

I really miss the old skool game. Players without silly tattoos and hair cuts, less play acting and they didn't look like the Incredible Hulk with muscles bulging out of their tops.

I like the game but I'm falling out of love with it the older I get. Too many wankers involved now and the money is ruining the young lads.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
@Eriksen

Good post. Balotelli is a tit and sums up everything that is wrong with the modern footballer.

I really miss the old skool game. Players without silly tattoos and hair cuts, less play acting and they didn't look like the Incredible Hulk.
:lol: I miss the old school game, but if you think there weren't strange hair cuts or weird looking players/ personalities then, I think you are perhaps a bit misinformed.

Cina sucks

:lol: I miss the old school game, but if you think there weren't strange hair cuts or weird looking players/ personalities then, I think you are perhaps a bit misinformed.
You know what I mean though. Watch the Italia 90 world cup and then watch the Brazil 2014 event we've just had. Players today are pillocks.

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete
I don't see the problem with him posting his latest instagram pic, nothing to see here move on.
As for being wasted talent, well I think it remains to be seen tbh, his goalscoring record for his age is incredible
Against England he almost scored a lob over Hart after rounding him with little or no effort. I think a defender cleared it off the line. I watched that at least a dozen times and to me it proves that he's a player full of confidence and ability. The way he lobbed the ball it was like training ground stuff. His only problem as we all know is his ability to not do stupid things.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
@Eriksen

I really miss the old skool game. Players without silly tattoos and hair cuts, less play acting and they didn't look like the Incredible Hulk with muscles bulging out of their tops.

I like the game but I'm falling out of love with it the older I get. Too many wankers involved now and the money is ruining the young lads.
You mean the old skool game with the alcoholics and playboys?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
You know what I mean though. Watch the Italia 90 world cup and then watch the Brazil 2014 event we've just had. Players today are pillocks.
No I'm afraid I don't, I made a point and you went "you know what I mean though", I really don't... I see very few differences, in fact the one major one isn't them at all, but how the media spaculate and sensationalise everything that gives them more attention feeding them, so you can argue Society created it, making society really the catalyst here, not people being any worse than they were.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
No I'm afraid I don't, I made a point and you went "you know what I mean though", I really don't... I see very few differences, in fact the one major one isn't them at all, but how the media spaculate and sensationalise everything that gives them more attention feeding them, so you can argue Society created it, making society really the catalyst here, not people being any worse than they were.
Exactly. Give any profession the media exposure and money that footballers receive and I think a lot of people would soon be labelling them 'pillocks' as well.

Cina sucks

Nah I disagree lads but we'll leave it there. Bring back the old days :(

RooneyLegend

True. However there's still time for him to make his mark on the sport. I do believe that if either Simeone or Klopp get their hands on him we'd witness him become a really special player. He has it all apart from the effort, which is very important ofcourse.

Loublaze

ATLien
@Eriksen

Psst you act like the 70s and 80s were not plagued by alcoholic playboys with ridiculus mustaches, beards and wacky long hair. They looked like neanderthals, not to mention the best player in the world was addicted to cocaine. Just how old are you buddy?

@Eriksen Are you 18 or 40?

Loublaze

ATLien
He is the black Bendtner. The ability/application doesn't come anywhere near the massive ego.

I hope any of our rivals signs him up immediately.
Come on now how can you even compare the two? Ballotelli is the bigger talent and much better player. You can criticise his application and his ego but Balotelli is a genuinely talented player. Bendtner doesn't come close.

Eriksen

Psst you act like the 70s and 80s were not plagued by alcoholic playboys with ridiculus mustaches, beards and wacky long hair. They looked like neanderthals, not to mention the best player in the world was addicted to cocaine. Just how old are you buddy?

@Eriksen Are you 18 or 40?

Oggmonster

For what? ironing and reading a book? I'm sure I'd be able to live my life without seeing the video.

Guy comes across as a massive tit to me. It's all clearly marketing from Puma as had been said above. It's similar to what Nike (I think?) did with Ibrahimovic with all the "Dare to Zlatan" shit.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
For what? ironing and reading a book? I'm sure I'd be able to live my life without seeing the video.

Guy comes across as a massive tit to me. It's all clearly marketing from Puma as had been said above. It's similar to what Nike (I think?) did with Ibrahimovic with all the "Dare to Zlatan" shit.
Because he divides opinion and gets people talking. Would you rather every player be like James Milner? Or do you not think it is good to have figures like Ibrahimovic and Balotelli?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
@Eriksen

The 'old days' (at least from the late 60s onwards) had just as many, if not far more people pissing away their talent and acting the knob end. Find me a post like this and I'll find you 10 bemoaning how there aren't any "characters" in the game anymore. People tend to have their opinions and imagine their own past around it.

Also tattoos have absolutely no impact on how dedicated a footballer is. Anymore than mullets did.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Because he divides opinion and gets people talking. Would you rather every player be like James Milner? Or do you not think it is good to have figures like Ibrahimovic and Balotelli?
Quite fraknly, I couldn't give a shite. I've no interest in what any of these cnuts get up to off a pitch...as long as they do the business on it then fair fecks.

Put it this way, do I wish every footballer was like Paul Scholes? Yes actually. Yes I do.

Oggmonster

I don't mind people with personality. I don't mind Mourinho for example I think he's quite funny, Ferguson was a character as well and it does make stuff entertaining.

My personal opinion is the likes of Balotelli and Ibrahmovic are just cringing. Even worse is that everything they do is the epitome of stuff like theLadBible "Look at this LAD on a night out with his mates...drinking MessyLAD."

The examples you give of Milner or Balotelli are a bit unfair because you've picked 2 opposite ends of the spectrum. There's more than just 2 types of personality in life. Like I said, characters can be entertaining but it's not the end of the world. The problem I have with Ibrahimovic and Balotelli in particular are that they clearly want the attention and are desperate for it. I imagine they're the kind of person on a night out who always have to have everyone watching how "mental" they are. I don't see much of Ibrahimovic in the English press but whenever it was Balotelli people used to leap to his defence about giving him some privacy he's just a young lad, if he didn't put stuff like this that is so desperate for attention I'd agree with them but he clearly loves being this figure that he is.