Balotelli again.....

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He has done it before. Henry & Van Persie in their earlier days were no saints. He channelled their aggression to supplement it with their extreme talent. Wenger is a much better man manager, and more mature than Mancini ever will be. He would protect his player than publicly chastise him. He has a history of optimizing players talent and will be at the top in the list of managers who can bring out the best in Balotelli.

Also, it is a bit naive to say that (you didn't say it), ".......he has to do it himself". Obviously a will to change has to come from a person himself, no one can force it on anyone. However, a good mentor can guide and help you in the process.

Balotelli is not a raging lunatic as he is made out on this site. It's like many other urban myths and preconceived notions that exist. I can't remember any serious offield missteps since he moved back to Italy with Milan. The only incidents that have been reported are of racial abuse he has suffered from prehistoric Italian fans at different stadiums, and his stern stand to walk out in case he is subjected to any abuse. On field he has matured as a player and is a lot less individualistic. His performances for Milan and Italy are a testament to that.

There is an obvious risk with his signing. In today's times that risk is somewhat minimized by a very low transfer fee for a world class talent. 30 goals in 54 appearances since his move to Milan are excellent numbers for a striker.
Henry's never had a reputation for being undisciplined, not that I remember. Van Persie was a hot head on the pitch but that's about it. Neither of those two would cause a manager more problems than large number of top footballers. Of course, he's also managed Pennant and Bendtner who happily pissed their careers up the wall. I don't think we

I agree Balotelli isn't a raging lunatic but I think you're focussing one the wrong aspects of his psychological flaws. Setting his house on fire is funny but the real issue is his behaviour on the pitch, not off it. His petulance, moodiness and lack of effort in games which aren't going his way is incredible. He's put in some of the most sulky and embarrassing performances from any footballer I've ever watched.
Just bumping my post from the other day because his performance against Italy was a great demonstration of his psychological flaws and the effect they have on his performances on the pitch, no matter how much of a nice guy he may or may not be when he's not playing football.

Brophs

The One and Only

I posted this in the Twitter thread, but probably more apt here. He's not good enough to be worth the trouble he causes. I'd have serious doubts about any manager that would take him on.

AkaAkuma

If Newcastle had enough money he'd be perfect for them. The fans would love him and he wouldnt need to put in much effort, score the occasional good goal etc.

He's a maverick.

United22

Please let him go to Arsenal, then they can have both Balotelli and Ozil who will go completely missing in games when it doesn't go their way

Eriksen

Will have one good game then three awful ones. He was terrible in all three games this World Cup, including against England bar his goal. He was offside a ridiculous amount from what I saw of him. He's not worth more than 20 million if you take in to account the possibility of him doing something stupid and losing a game for a team.

He's ridiculously lazy and cumbersome. I've never seen a striker with such poor movement. Pirlo must have been livid after the Costa Rica game, he was putting some glorious balls out to him than Balotelli was either always offside for or took a lazy, terrible touch then proceeded to screw it up. He should swap names with Immobile, it'd be very fitting.

He's not been a proper success at any of the clubs he's been at, which says it all. All of them have eventually decided enough is enough and got rid. He has decent spells and was good for Milan for a while but that's it. That's in a league which suits the pace of his game perfectly as well and as the star man to boot.

Not sure why any club would pay some huge fee for him.

beergod

He is the black Bendtner. The ability/application doesn't come anywhere near the massive ego.

I hope any of our rivals signs him up immediately.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I don't think he's half as talented as people think he is.
If I had a pound for every time I've heard a close variation of "If he sorted himself out, he'd be one of the best strikers of our generation"...
Glad to know I'm not the only one who just doesn't see it.

Drifter

American
Former Italy international Mauro Camoranesi has taken aim at Mario Balotelli and claimed the striker is "overrated".

Balotelli has come in for criticism in the wake of Italy's exit from the World Cup, with their failure to advance from Group D resulting in the resignation of coach Cesare Prandelli.

Azzurri midfielder Daniele De Rossi also appeared to criticise Balotelli following their 1-0 defeat to Uruguay on Tuesday.

Balotelli took to his Instagram account on Wednesday to reply to the criticism, insisting he "gave his all" for his country.

However, Camoranesi – a World Cup winner in 2006 – believes the 23-year-old is not working hard enough as he joined the list of disgruntled Italians voicing their displeasure with the striker.

"I firmly believe Balotelli is a very overrated player, both by the media and those who train him," said Camoranesi, who earned 55 caps for Italy between 2003 and 2010.

"It really infuriates me to see someone on the pitch who isn't working as hard as he ought to. I really don't know what his problem is.”

The former midfielder has also urged Balotelli to realise his limitations and learn from his errors on the pitch.

"I would've liked to play like Luis Figo, but I became aware of my own limitations. Every now and then I did something stupid too, but I learned from my mistakes."

Y2A

Former Italy international Mauro Camoranesi has taken aim at Mario Balotelli and claimed the striker is "overrated".

Balotelli has come in for criticism in the wake of Italy's exit from the World Cup, with their failure to advance from Group D resulting in the resignation of coach Cesare Prandelli.

Azzurri midfielder Daniele De Rossi also appeared to criticise Balotelli following their 1-0 defeat to Uruguay on Tuesday.

Balotelli took to his Instagram account on Wednesday to reply to the criticism, insisting he "gave his all" for his country.

However, Camoranesi – a World Cup winner in 2006 – believes the 23-year-old is not working hard enough as he joined the list of disgruntled Italians voicing their displeasure with the striker.

"I firmly believe Balotelli is a very overrated player, both by the media and those who train him," said Camoranesi, who earned 55 caps for Italy between 2003 and 2010.

"It really infuriates me to see someone on the pitch who isn't working as hard as he ought to. I really don't know what his problem is.”

The former midfielder has also urged Balotelli to realise his limitations and learn from his errors on the pitch.

"I would've liked to play like Luis Figo, but I became aware of my own limitations. Every now and then I did something stupid too, but I learned from my mistakes."
Spot on!

The cnut get over rated because of all his antics.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
Just bumping my post from the other day because his performance against Italy was a great demonstration of his psychological flaws and the effect they have on his performances on the pitch, no matter how much of a nice guy he may or may not be when he's not playing football.
Italy on the whole under-performed in this tournament. They looked slow and lethargic for the most part, so it is not the right to blame Balotelli for their results. Unless it's Messi, you cannot expect a striker to pull the rabbit out of the hat each time he steps on the pitch. The Italians lacked any pace or creativity, and didn't help their strikers at all. Even Ciro Immobile looked like a league 1 striker, and he is a much better player than that.

Balotelli obviously has flaws in his character. He also has immense talent. The challenge is for someone to get the best out of that talent.

As for the previous post, Pennant or Bentdner are mediocre talents. The problem with Bentdner is that he thinks he is the best player in the world with attributes closer to the worst.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I have to admit, I never saw the world class potential.

He's got good technique, not great, a good shot, not great. I don't see exceptional movement, vision or game intelligence.

He's basically just a top athlete with above average technique. That's not something so exceptional.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
He's a good player, but his antics have gotten him a high profile, so yet again we blur the lines between celebrity and talent. Well done modernity.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Italian's patience with him is running thin. They are fed up of him not performing the goods and then label every criticism on him as racism. He wouldn't be around the national side if Italy's squad wasn't so weak

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The problem is he has been built up now so much, he believes his own hype.

He really need's his ego to be knocked down a peg or 2, and then his real talent will show.

His work rate really is appalling though, and if he doesn't get decent service he will offer nothing good to the team.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's a high profile football player who relies on sponsorship for huge chunks of his income.

That is why stunts like this are idiocy.
I see your point but at the end of the day is that picture really offensive in any way?. I also understand the role model for kids argument but it's ballotelli and everything to do with him will be sensationalized however mundane. Granted he's a bit loco but hey who isn't :)

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I see your point but at the end of the day is that picture really offensive in any way?. I also understand the role model for kids argument but it's ballotelli and everything to do with him will be sensationalized however mundane. Granted he's a bit loco but hey who isn't :)
You don't think pointing a shotgun is offensive in any way? What are you, American? ;)

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Leopard, spots. Even if Mario hasn't bitten anyone, Suarez merely confirmed that nutters rarely course correct - irrespective of the manager or club. Truth is, I struggle to recall a problem player who was able to eventually shed their image

Balotelli remains, as always, a nut...albeit a talented one
On a side note, I wonder how long before @FCBarca starts trying to convince us that nutters actually do "course correct"?