Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanc

Banned
If Jones and Smalling were so excellent and better than Skrtel who was an ever present at Liverpool how come you came 8th, particularly with Rooney and Van Persie up top? Also if we came within 2 points of winning it and signed 8 new first team starters in the summer how come we should be more worried than United who've already dropped 7 points? You're a classic blinkered football fan. Unlike me... ;)
Ask yourself why a team finishing 7th :wenger: concedes fewer goals than a team finishing 2nd :rolleyes:

Your a wum mate enjoy your short time on this board though and while your at it just think about those "8 new first team starters" :lol:

Murphman

Ask yourself why a team finishing 7th :wenger: concedes fewer goals than a team finishing 2nd :rolleyes:

Your a wum mate enjoy your short time on this board though and while your at it just think about those "8 new first team starters" :lol:
I may be wrong on this but it might have something to do with scoring over 100 goals, how many did you get? :D

STE586

Over 100 league goals is highly unlikely this year though, even the most blinkered fan must accept that?

gasmanc

Banned
I may be wrong on this but it might have something to do with scoring over 100 goals, how many did you get? :D
It's not really backing up your CB argument for Skrtel this is it.

I didn't get any ! Why would I ? My cruciate ligament has been replacement with strands of my hamstring.

Last edited:

STE586

Regardless of Suarez, who wasn't the point of my comment, the CL games are obviously going to be demanding in the squad in respect to traveling etc. 100 goals equals an average of what about 2.5 a game? I think you'd have to lower expectation of your league results to achieve longevity in Europe. Unless you've a squad like City, but even they struggle. The point comes where you have to make the decision which trophy is more likely and put your energy into that one. That goes for any club. Apart from Chelsea this year I can't see any Prem club going the distance home & abroad.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't post on Rawk mainly on Y NWA, and I used to post in here back in the day before the yanks and Hodgson fecked us up and it became an unfair fight. a bit like now really only in reverse (that was a joke by the way before you kick off). We've not changed our squad too much, most of our signings are additions to help cope with the extra matches and hopefully to kick on from last season where we came so close. United didn't come close at all and have a major rebuild on their hands, in most people's opinion. That's not a criticism it's an observation and for my opinion on where United are lacking, I'm perfectly entitled to express that.
That rebuilding job is well underway though. We need another cm and cb, both need to be top class but I don't quite see the need for many more players.

Murphman

It's not really backing up your CB argument for Skrtel this is it.
Skrtel was probably our best defender last year althoughis big deficiency is he is way under par at clearing balls played in from out wide. Our problems lay far deeper than that and hopefully Lovren will fill a big gap, but the bottom line is if you're an attacking side who score goals for fun you're bound to let a few in.

Murphman

Regardless of Suarez, who wasn't the point of my comment, the CL games are obviously going to be demanding in the squad in respect to traveling etc. 100 goals equals an average of what about 2.5 a game? I think you'd have to lower expectation of your league results to achieve longevity in Europe. Unless you've a squad like City, but even they struggle. The point comes where you have to make the decision which trophy is more likely and put your energy into that one. That goes for any club. Apart from Chelsea this year I can't see any Prem club going the distance home & abroad.
It's a tough call for sure but we have expanded the squad significantly and should be able to cope a bit better hopefully. You go for theleague first, that's a given, Europe is icing on the cake.

Rafateria

Wolves manager Kenny Jackett has dismissed suggestions that Mario Balotelli clashed with his players during a behind closed doors friendly with his team last week.

Liverpool FC won 1-0 thanks to a goal from Adam Lallana but rumours soon spread on social media that Balotelli had been substituted after a coming together with Wolves’ George Saville. But Jackett says that is simply not true - and that the game was played in good spirits between the two sides.

He told the Birmingham Mail: “There were a few tackles in the game but nothing out of order. “There was nothing we, or Brendan Rodgers or Colin Pascoe were unhappy with or that the referee made anything of. “I can’t even remember a 50-50 between Balotelli and Saville.

“Declan Weeks pinged the ball off him a few times but then Balotelli showed some fantastic pieces of skill to go past some of our lads as well. “I can’t really think of an incident where him and Saville clashed if I’m being truthful. “Balotelli was substituted, but not after any particular tackle or incident. “The guys (substitutes) seemed to be warming up for ages and they seemed to be saying (to Balotelli) ‘give him another 10 minutes’ – that seemed to be the process.

“It looked like he was always going to come off after an hour but he went on until maybe 70 minutes or something like that. “It was Colin Pascoe (Liverpool’s assistant manager) shouting to the player, who was happy to stay on.”

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If Senderos wasn't fighting with him all the time you would hardly notice he was playing. Typical Balotelli useless performance as a lone striker.

ZDwyr

Seems to hold onto the ball for too long I've noticed. He delays playing a pass and slows Liverpool down. Don't know if that's his style or if he is still assimilating into the Liverpool style.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mario is so dumb, they kept winding him up and that made him lose his focus totally. The big difference with Costa is that he'll get involved in these situations but when the football resumes, his focus is entirely back to it.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I've never seen this "world class" potential he's supposed to have. At his best he's a good player, no more.

RedRover

I've never seen this "world class" potential he's supposed to have. At his best he's a good player, no more.
On his day he's class - just doesn't happen often enough.

Not enough graft in him to fit Rodgers system for me. Won't endear himself to the other players busting a gut going on like he does.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
She'll have been paid handsomely for that story, no doubt.

It's mad how desperate the press are to find any mud to sling at Balotelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.