Barca Transfer ban - upheld - pointlessly

Nozzy

Just heard on TalkSport - the ban has been suspended, pending an appeal.

Jev

Before anyone shouts corruption: They have to suspend it until the appeal has been finalized. Otherwise Barcelona could end up being punished for something they would later be found innocent of.

Nothing to see here.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Before anyone shouts corruption: They have to suspend it until the appeal has been finalized. Otherwise Barcelona could end up being punished for something they would later be found innocent in.
You mean this isn't a blatant case of Barcelona/UEFA corruption and rather a standard state of affairs? Well I never.

Nozzy

How long might this appeal process take - any ideas?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Watch them go on a spending spree now that they know they might get a ban the following year. It's actually going to serve them well because now they'll have to address all defensive issues in one go.

Blasphemy

Nothing wrong in this. They obviously have a right to appeal and they can't be banned from transfers until they're actually convicted.

Scrumpet

There are no words
This "quelle surprise" attitude is tedious. Should they not be entitled to an appeal? The ban being put in place to begin with is far beyond what all the cynics here would have expected to happen. The narrative that the authorities are too afraid of Big Bad Barca to do anything really doesn't wash.

RustyS

Before anyone shouts corruption: They have to suspend it until the appeal has been finalized. Otherwise Barcelona could end up being punished for something they would later be found innocent of.

Nothing to see here.
This.

They are not going to punish them before they get a chance to defend themselves, are they?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not too disappointed, means Barca will let Fabregas go after they sign a replacement :D

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This "quelle surprise" attitude is tedious. Should they not be entitled to an appeal? The ban being put in place to begin with is far beyond what all the cynics here would have expected to happen. The narrative that the authorities are too afraid of Big Bad Barca to do anything really doesn't wash.
It's got nothing to do with being afraid of Big Bad Barca, in fact it's nothing to do with Barca at all, at least not from my perspective.

It's just yet another example of how toothless the UEFA punishments are.

This basically gives Barca the heads up that they're going to get a ban and so they know to get all their transfers sorted this window.

It should be timed so that the appeal process can be dealt with before a transfer window opens.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Gobsmacked.

I could have sworn that Barca would start next season without a new keeper and a new centre back.
They're probably still not going to buy a centre back, the cnuts. It's like Ferguson and midfielders.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
How long might this appeal process take - any ideas?
The FIFA ruling says that due to the complexity of the case and the serious nature of the sanction they don't believe that the appeal and a possible CAS appeal can be completed before the 1st July. Because of that, they're suspending the sanction. My guess is that means the club can operate as normal throughout the next window.

Nozzy

The FIFA ruling says that due to the complexity of the case and the serious nature of the sanction they don't believe that the appeal and a possible CAS appeal can be completed before the 1st July. Because of that, they're suspending the sanction. My guess is that means the club can operate as normal throughout the next window.
Cheers

Anderson18

Nothing to see here.
Well, if you look at the Chelsea/Kakuta case it's quite different. After 5 months a court lifted their transfer ban, even though they appealed. Barcelonas gets overturn after 2-3 weeks? But yeah let them quickly sort out all their deals with Ter Stegen etc ... FIFA is a joke and everyone knows it.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The club FC Barcelona has lodged an appeal before the FIFA Appeal Committee against the decision of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee that sanctioned the club for breaches relating to the international transfer and registration of players under the age of 18. Together with the appeal, the club requested that its appeal be granted suspensive effect.

In this respect, the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee, Larry Mussenden, took into consideration the sanctions imposed against the club, the complexity of the matter, the start date of the next registration period – 1 July 2014 – and the fact that the FIFA Appeal Committee does not seem in a position to take a decision on the main issue early enough so that an eventual appeal of the club against its decision before the Court of Arbitration for Sport would still be decided before the beginning of the next registration period. Consequently, the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee considered that the appeal lodged by the club is to be granted suspensive effect.

In view of the foregoing, the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee assures that proper and adequate appeal proceedings will take place and, at the same time, that all rights of the club will be respected.
http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2322794/

Jev

Well, if you look at the Chelsea/Kakuta case it's quite different. After 5 months a court lifted their transfer ban, even though they appealed. Barcelonas gets overturn after 2-3 weeks? But yeah let them quickly sort out all their deals with Ter Stegen etc ... FIFA is a joke and everyone knows it.
Chelsea's ban was suspended pending the appeal as well.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Yet we will still get another dozen posts of the same stuff, some people just have to get a word in, no matter how dumb or repetitive it is.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace

Nothing to see here.
Nah, there's never a shortage of knee jerkers primed to overreact

Willkommen Mats

Count Orduck

What a massive surprise. They'll do all their business at the start of the window and therefore the ban will count for nothing. That, or it'll be overturned in its entirety.

Blasphemy

Typical. Now they will sign about 10 players in the next window.
Oh oh what a surprise
Gobsmacked.

I could have sworn that Barca would start next season without a new keeper and a new centre back.
Not in the least bit surprised.
What a massive surprise. They'll do all their business at the start of the window and therefore the ban will
Can't say I'm too surprised if true.
Nobody saw this coming. At all. One bit.
count for nothing. That, or it'll be overturned in its entirety.
Yes, how dare they be considered innocent until proven guilty like everyone else in any decent justice system.