Barca Transfer ban - upheld - pointlessly

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't mind, I mean it was to be expected and Barca will pay a price no matter what. Every club and agent they're going to negotiate with knows that Barca desperately needs to invest this summer. Hence they will milk them for every penny the Azulgrana's got.

I think that's punishment enough on top of expected transfer ban for the following two transfer periods.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Their club president will be meeting with Blatter personally, I've read.

How can anyone be surprised at this turn of events... if any sort of ban is ever enforced, now they have plenty of forewarning and can buy enough players for a few windows so that it doesn't matter.

Sir A1ex

Here's an idea...

They can sign who they want in the summer, but if their appeal is unsuccessful, the registration of anybody they signed is revoked, with no compensation.

We'd soon see how confident they are that they did nothing wrong.

NM

Do you understand that we can sign players in the summer?
That has nothing to do with the ban standing or not. The ban is suspended due to the appeal. It has everything to do with the appeal, and nothing to do with the ban being overturned. Don't ever become a lawyer.

malappapper

That has nothing to do with the ban standing or not. The ban is suspended due to the appeal. It has everything to do with the appeal, and nothing to do with the ban being overturned. Don't ever become a lawyer.
Did I make any legal comment?

The only thing of any importance here is that FC Barcelona can sign players in the coming summer, and therefore the celebrations of many on this forum look a bit silly by now.

NM

The only thing of any importance here is that FC Barcelona can sign players in the coming summer, and therefore the celebrations of many on this forum look a bit silly by now.
They were always going to be able to do that due to the appeal. Barcelona still hasn't been cleared of wrongdoing. As a Barca fan, that's what I'd be worried about.

People used to like Barca before fans like yourself and FCBarca popped up.. I don't mean that as a personal insult - its just the way you represent your club.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
They were always going to be able to do that due to the appeal. Barcelona still hasn't been cleared of wrongdoing. As a Barca fan, that's what I'd be worried about.

People used to like Barca before fans like yourself and FCBarca popped up.. I don't mean that as a personal insult - its just the way you represent your club.

Same thing happened with Chelsea when they had the ban, it got delayed pending the appeal. Doubt there are many people shocked by this, it was always going to happen.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

I still don't get this. The appeal was ALWAYS going to happen and you were ALWAYS going to be able to sign players THIS summer.

malappapper

I still don't get this. The appeal was ALWAYS going to happen and you were ALWAYS going to be able to sign players THIS summer.
That's precisely what I was telling this forum for many, many pages, but some just wouldn't stomach it... Some were even posting links maintaining that the ban was not subject to appeal. Just visit the relevant thread if you do not believe me.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
That's precisely what I was telling this forum for many, many pages, but some just wouldn't stomach it... Some were even posting links maintaining that the ban was not subject to appeal. Just visit the relevant thread if you do not believe me.
Fair enough in that case but there is still nothing to be smug about. If you win the appeal then you have every right to be smug but until then you'd do a good job of not posting on this thread and keeping your fingers crossed to be honest.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
You mean the thread where you claimed there was an anti-Barcelona conspiracy? And when people asked you exactly what you were alleging, you disappeared? Are you sure you want to bring that up?

malappapper

Fair enough in that case but there is still nothing to be smug about. If you win the appeal then you have every right to be smug but until then you'd do a good job of not posting on this thread and keeping your fingers crossed to be honest.
We will sign the players we want this summer. Everything else has little relevance (if any)

malappapper

You mean the thread where you claimed there was an anti-Barcelona conspiracy? And when people asked you exactly what you were alleging, you disappeared? Are you sure you want to bring that up?
I mean the thread where many of you were celebrating the fact that Barcelona were not going to be signing players this summer, and hence suffer as a result. Tough luck for those guys...

malappapper

Luiz? I'm sure you know mor about Barca's targets than I do. Any chance of you moving for him?
Very good chance, but not certain. As prone as he is to the occasional feck up, he will suit us very well I think. He was one of your best players last night. Very fast for a CB, and good on the ball.

malappapper

He's from London and has demonstrated little to no reasoning ability. I would hardly assume he has much knowledge on Barcelona's transfer targets.
I am not from London, I just live here. And you may have to begin to consider, "assuming" less about my person.

You're giving a scouting report about a Chelsea player to a Chelsea supporter?

I am stating my opinion. Do I need Eboue's permission to do that?

malappapper

Bit of a presumptuous and arrogant attitude to be honest.
Just have a check on the amount of joy that many in here expressed once the FIFA decision was announced. And other than that, I cannot be happy about a development that means that the club I support will not be seriously harmed by a preposterous decision?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Just have a check on the amount of joy that many in here expressed once the FIFA decision was announced. And other than that, I cannot be happy about a development that means that the club I support will not be seriously harmed by a preposterous decision?
Have you ever considered there is a reason pretty much every neutral fan rejoiced at the news your beloved club had been hit with a transfer ban?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I am not from London, I just live here. And you may have to begin to consider, "assuming" less about my person.

I am stating my opinion. Do I need Eboue's permission to do that?
You've yet to demonstrate the ability to process information and form a coherent opinion.

It's not that FIFA as an institution holds a collective grudge against Barca, but maybe some individuals within it have been motivated/encouraged to carry this out. If FIFA are indeed trying to make an example by going after a famous club with a famous academy while not really caring about anyone else doing the exact same thing then that cannot be deemed exactly fair now, can it?
There is one club involved for sure. From there on then, I can't say. But if you think there is no dirty politics behind the scenes, then alright.
Why are you all so eager to see Barca punished if they are a mere afterthought? I would never give a toss if any random club got punished. But judging from your reactions on this thread, and the persistence with which you are claiming that this ruling is even remotely fair is revealing.
It is a purely anti-Barca move
It spoils our plans somewhat, since we are one or two good defenders from being top notch all over the pitch again, since this was the summer when the long-awaited defensive upgrade was going to be carried out.
Then I am guessing you will be heartbroken when we get what we want in the summer.
It really smacks of some very low-level politics.

It's clear that you haven't the first fecking clue about any of the shit you are spouting. Either Real Madrid AND people in FIFA AND apparently some members of this forum have created a witchhunt and "totally outfoxed Barcelona" or they have not. You cannot have it both ways.

You come on here, stating several times that Real Madrid have created this controversy to hurt Barcelona along with the howling forces of medciority, apparently motivated by jealousy. And without skipping a beat, you claim that nothing will be done to Barcelona and you are not worried. If nothing will be done, what does that say about this dastardly conspiracy to besmirch FC Barcelona?

If it "smacks of low-level politics", it must not be Real Madrid involved in this. So who then, Stuttgart? Wigan? Deportivo? If it spoils Barcelona's plan, why were you so confident that Barcelona would "get who we want"?

Did you at any point, read up on the subject at hand and come to an opinion? Did you any point consider the flaws and contradictions within that opinion? Do you even know what a contradiction is? Lots of people don't know things. I don't anything about video games or Indian politics or transfer details. So I stay out of those threads. What you have done is far worse. You come into a thread, not having the required brain cells to form a coherent opinion, display boundless misplaced arrogance and derision towards people who point out the flaws of what you say. You oscillate wildly between diametrically opposed positions without a care in the world. You are roundly criticized and mocked. Then, when the next step in the legal process happens (a step that everyone knew would happen), you celebrate as if you have been vindicated. You might think it's easy to celebrate because after all, you took both sides of the argument so how could you possibly be wrong? Except there hasn't been a decision made. It's just a fecking appeal.

malappapper

You've yet to demonstrate the ability to process information and form a coherent opinion.

It's clear that you haven't the first fecking clue about any of the shit you are spouting. Either Real Madrid AND people in FIFA AND apparently some members of this forum have created a witchhunt and "totally outfoxed Barcelona" or they have not. You cannot have it both ways.

You come on here, stating several times that Real Madrid have created this controversy to hurt Barcelona along with the howling forces of medciority, apparently motivated by jealousy. And without skipping a beat, you claim that nothing will be done to Barcelona and you are not worried. If nothing will be done, what does that say about this dastardly conspiracy to besmirch FC Barcelona?

If it "smacks of low-level politics", it must not be Real Madrid involved in this. So who then, Stuttgart? Wigan? Deportivo? If it spoils Barcelona's plan, why were you so confident that Barcelona would "get who we want"?

Did you at any point, read up on the subject at hand and come to an opinion? Did you any point consider the flaws and contradictions within that opinion? Do you even know what a contradiction is? Lots of people don't know things. I don't anything about video games or Indian politics or transfer details. So I stay out of those threads. What you have done is far worse. You come into a thread, not having the required brain cells to form a coherent opinion, display boundless misplaced arrogance and derision towards people who point out the flaws of what you say. You oscillate wildly between diametrically opposed positions without a care in the world. You are roundly criticized and mocked. Then, when the next step in the legal process happens (a step that everyone knew would happen), you celebrate as if you have been vindicated. You might think it's easy to celebrate because after all, you took both sides of the argument so how could you possibly be wrong? Except there hasn't been a decision made. It's just a fecking appeal.

Sure the ban would never stand, I said right from the beginning that it was beyond ludicrous and disproportionate. Still, this will cost our club money, some bad press, especially considering how many people such as yourself hate Barcelona with a passion and will jump on shit like this whenever they appear. The fact that the ban was doomed, does not at all foreclose on the possibility that a club (plus some people at FIFA) will try and hurt Barcelona whichever way they can. Even if it all comes to nod in the end. They still had their try. And some of you felt happy for a couple of weeks as well...

Gee Male

Sure the ban would never stand, I said right from the beginning that it was beyond ludicrous and disproportionate. Still, this will cost our club money, some bad press, especially considering how many people such as yourself hate Barcelona with a passion and will jump on shit like this whenever they appear. The fact that the ban was doomed, does not at all foreclose on the possibility that a club (plus some people at FIFA) will try and hurt Barcelona whichever way they can. Even if it all comes to nod in the end. They still had their try. And some of you felt happy for a couple of weeks as well...
What makes the ban so "ludicrous and disproportionate"? Is it the strength of the punishment or the fact that the rules have been enforced?

And what makes you so sure that "a club" (presumably Real Madrid) are involved? Is there evidence of this?