Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Member 125398

Are there any sections of the Barca support that want an all Catalan team a bit like Bilbao?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Would that not be kind of disastrous? I know QF are kind of the minimum aim, how much room to maneuver do you have from that?
This year they said that if the Europa League was won, the same amount would be entered as reaching QF.

Not reaching QF and being eliminated soon could mean stopping earn about €20M.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
@Acrobat7

While banter is normal and everything this entails I would like to remind you that the recent loopsidedness whenever Barça and Bayern have played each other has occured during the worst period of Barça in the past 20 years. Moreover in one of the worst institutional crises of the club.

In 2009 Bayern was eliminated in the CL by Barça in a convincing fashion (could have been way worse than the 4-0 result) as well as in 2015 (3-0). In both of those years Barça ended up winning the CL. Bayern on the other hand eliminated us in 2013 and 2020 by spanking us. You lot ended up winning the CL both of those years as well.
Looks like a pattern for both teams.

Outside of the 2 group stage matches last year against possibly the worst Barça that I have ever witnessed in the CL group stage (the first group stage elimination since the group of death in 1998-99) the rivalry has been fairly equal in terms of who ended up advancing further.

As for the 8-2, while historically embarassing and completely unacceptable for a club the size of Barça, at this point in time the club was practically dead on and off the field. Even the meme that was Coutinho at Barça scored twice. Says it all. Not to mention the insane defeats against the likes of PSG (4-0 loss just to win the return leg 6-1 - 2017) and Juventus (3-0 - 2017), Roma (3-0 - 2018) and Liverpool (4-0 - 2019). PSG in 2021 too (0-4).

In other words the club has been a disaster in the CL for the past 5 years so there is really not much merit to take from such a defeat when even the likes of Roma embarrassed us.

As a side note, Bayern is historically the worst opponent for Barça in European football statistically speaking. By far. You guys have a similar thing with the likes of AC Milan and Inter (last few ties at least). It is what it is.

That and you guys being eliminated from the CL almost exclusively by Spanish teams in the past 15 years or so. Barça, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid and last year even Villarreal.

Anyway a new era with Xavi has emerged and the team, at least on paper, is no longer meme worthy so I expect a much better performance against Bayern this time around although I am not yet fully convinced by Xavi. For sure the motivation alone should be bigger from our part.

Last edited:

colombianmancunian

Financial disaster, amateur coach, outdated football. Barcelona is becoming what Milan and Liverpool were some years ago (or what United are at the moment), a giant on crisis.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Are there any sections of the Barca support that want an all Catalan team a bit like Bilbao?
That would be more appropiate of R.C.D. Espanyol. Since the beginning Espanyol has been the team with more Catalonian influence.

In 1900 all the football clubs in Barcelona were mainly comprised of foreigners, specially Englishmen, and did not accept any new players. For example, Barsa was established by a Swiss and many of the first players were foreigners.

Espanyol was established that year by students of the University of Barcelona and was the first one in the city of Barcelona to be formed exclusively by Spaniards.
All the members of the first team were Barcelonians except for two Basques and one Andalusian.

There are a lot of misconceptions around F.C. LEVERona, no doubt pushed by their PR.

Last edited:

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Since the beginning Espanyol has been the team with more Catalonian influence.

was the first one in the city of Barcelona to be formed exclusively by Spaniards.
Yes, that doesn't contradict itself at all :lol:

For your information: Many Catalans see Espanyol as the spanish state representative, although it got better over the years. Just the name "Espanyol" should tell you it has nothing to do with Catalonian influence in the first place. Further, Espanyol is one of some Spanish football clubs entitled to use "Real" in their name and the spanish crown on their badge. You should learn some history of the Catalans and both Barcelona football clubs, if you're really a Perico and not a troll, but I lean towards the latter seeing your username.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
@Acrobat7

While banter is normal and everything this entails I would like to remind you that the recent loopsidedness whenever Barça and Bayern have played each other has occured during the worst period of Barça in the past 20 years. Moreover in one of the worst institutional crises of the club.

In 2009 Bayern was eliminated in the CL by Barça in a convincing fashion (could have been way worse than the 4-0 result) as well as in 2015 (3-0). In both of those years Barça ended up winning the CL. Bayern on the other hand eliminated us in 2013 and 2020 by spanking us. You lot ended up winning the CL both of those years as well.
Looks like a pattern for both teams.

Outside of the 2 group stage matches last year against possibly the worst Barça that I have ever witnessed in the CL group stage (the first group stage elimination since the group of death in 1998-99) the rivalry has been fairly equal in terms of who ended up advancing further.

As for the 8-2, while historically embarassing and completely unacceptable for a club the size of Barça, at this point in time the club was practically dead on and off the field. Even the meme that was Coutinho at Barça scored twice. Says it all. Not to mention the insane defeats against the likes of PSG (4-0 loss just to win the return leg 6-1 - 2017) and Juventus (3-0 - 2017), Roma (3-0 - 2018) and Liverpool (4-0 - 2019). PSG in 2021 too (0-4).

In other words the club has been a disaster in the CL for the past 5 years so there is really not much merit to take from such a defeat when even the likes of Roma embarrassed us.

As a side note, Bayern is historically the worst opponent for Barça in European football statistically speaking. By far. You guys have a similar thing with the likes of AC Milan and Inter (last few ties at least). It is what it is.

That and you guys being eliminated from the CL almost exclusively by Spanish teams in the past 15 years or so. Barça, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid and last year even Villarreal.

Anyway a new era with Xavi has emerged and the team, at least on paper, is no longer meme worthy so I expect a much better performance against Bayern this time around although I am not yet fully convinced by Xavi. For sure the motivation alone should be bigger from our part.
I feel honored that you tagged me in your first ever post (and hopefully didn’t register a new account just for doing that). However, I have to admit that I didn’t read more than the first paragraph. Sorry.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
shows why you really should take Bundesliga performances with a truck load of salt.
If it shows anything, it's that some people are too dumb to navigate the digital world without getting completely lost

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
I feel honored that you tagged me in your first ever post (and hopefully didn’t register a new account just for doing that). However, I have to admit that I didn’t read more than the first paragraph. Sorry.
My post was more a general post to the Barça-obsessed Bayern fans here and anyone else.
It seems to have had the right effect. You are welcome.

That would be more appropiate of R.C.D. Espanyol. Since the beginning Espanyol has been the team with more Catalonian influence.

In 1900 all the football clubs in Barcelona were mainly comprised of foreigners, specially Englishmen, and did not accept any new players. For example, Barsa was established by a Swiss and many of the first players were foreigners.

Espanyol was established that year by students of the University of Barcelona and was the first one in the city of Barcelona to be formed exclusively by Spaniards.
All the members of the first team were Barcelonians except for two Basques and one Andalusian.

There are a lot of misconceptions around F.C. LEVERona, no doubt pushed by their PR.
Nonsense. Barça was founded by a diverse group of people. Spaniards, Catalans, Swiss, English and Germans. Football reached Spain largely thanks to the English and other Europeans.

There is this misconception of Barça purely being a Catalan club and symbol. 25-33% of the Spanish population are culés. Barça was the most watched team in Spain last year. 50% of the Catalan population has roots elsewhere in Spain from places like Extremadura, Andalucía, Castilla y León, Castilla-La Mancha etc. Moreover the traditional Catalan region in Spain includes a large geography outside of Catalunya itself. Països Catalans (Catalan Countries) which includes the Balearic Islands, the Valencia region, parts of Aragón and even parts of Murcia province (Carche) as well as Andorra, Northern Catalonia in France and Alghero in Sardinia, Italy.

Barça is one of the most followed clubs on the planet with the largest social media following and a trophy cabinet that includes almost 100 official trophies, domestic, European and international. Espanyol on the other hand boosts 4 Copa del Rey trophies as their sole official titles. Obviously Barça cannot afford to go the Athletic route which would go against the history of the club too.

Anyway I have a suspicion of you being a troll (no offense even your username is laughable) with such kind of a uninformed post.

@Hansi Fick

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/champions/kahn-rechaza-haberse-burlado-barcelona-14351757

https://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/...rwuerfe-nach-barcelona-los-81122822.bild.html

Anyway let us see if he will laugh after the two games.

Financial disaster, amateur coach, outdated football. Barcelona is becoming what Milan and Liverpool were some years ago (or what United are at the moment), a giant on crisis.
No financial disaster. A club the size of Barça is never going anywhere. Worst case scenario, if shit truly hits the fan which I doubt, some billonaire or country is going to buy us and we will end up like 99% of all other big clubs out there. Xavi is unproven but hardly an amateur coach. Way too soon for such conclusions.

For us to become like Liverpool or Milan we would need decades of barely winning anything. We have had 1 trophy barren season in a row and overall 3 bad years in a row. It happens but the likeliness of that continuing for much longer, let alone reaching AC Milan, Liverpool (is it 1 league title in 32 years, 13 trophy barren years from 2006-2019?) or with all due respect Manchester United (5 trophy barren seasons in a row, no league title in almost a decade) is quite a statement.

Crisis yes, outdated football, not really. Too soon to tell. We will see how “proyecto Xavi” will look like this season. If he does not perform, Laporta will be forced to let him go.

Last edited:

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
This “FreckBarca” is most likely a troll/imposter. My bullshit detector tells me that he is not from Spain either. The nonsense he has been writting so far as well as some of the words that he is using. “Catalonian” screams of non-Spanish speaker right away. Could be terribly wrong though, although I highly doubt it.

No such thing as “Leverlona” in Spain. At most there have been a bit of banter in regards to “FC Palancas”.

This lever thing noise in the media is mostly the result of uninformed British media peddling nonsense news of the immediate dismiss of Barça from a largely very uninformed position.

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Yes, that doesn't contradict itself at all :lol:
Everything I posted can be easily checked with a quick Google search about Espanyol creation.
For your information: Many Catalans see Espanyol as the spanish state representative, although it got better over the years. Just the name "Espanyol" should tell you it has nothing to do with Catalonian influence in the first place. Further, Espanyol is one of some Spanish football clubs entitled to use "Real" in their name and the spanish crown on their badge. You should learn some history of the Catalans and both Barcelona football clubs, if you're really a Perico and not a troll, but I lean towards the latter seeing your username.
I know mate, and many Catalonians see It the other way, but that's a political conversation and I won't go there. This a football forum after all.

I'm just saying that Espanyol is the team with more Barcelonian roots of the city. It was the first team comprised fully of Spaniards (mainly Barcelonians).
All the stars have been Catalonians, except for a single year when Espanyol had Di Estéfano and Kubala was the coach in 1964.

Barsa was created by foreigners and many of the biggest stars have been foreigners: Messi, Cruyff, Maradona, Kubala,...

It sadly all started to fall down when Sánchez Libre (a Bercelonian businessman) sold Espanyol to a chinese businessman in 2016.

Regarding the "Real" title, we all know that it does not mean much. Is not even symbolic anymore.
Also, one could argue LEVERona itself has been a big representative of the spanish state. I am sure you are aware that your club awarded Franco two gold medals and a badge.

As I said, there are many misconceptions due to Barcelona's PR.

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Kounde is finally registered.

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/transfers/laliga-santander

The season can start :drool: . The squad is complete. Frenkie will stay without Silva as replacement, huges wage or not. You can quote me on that. Kessie and Gavi are not enough for all competitions. I'm pretty sure Xavi sees it the same way.
A right-back is still needed. Let's see how these last days of the market develop.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
A right-back is still needed. Let's see how these last days of the market develop.
Yes, but we need a top class RB and I dont see one available this window, especially this late. We spent enough on mediocre RBs like Semedo, Sergi R., Emerson, Dest. Alves was our last top RB and that is embarrassing considering he left us 2016. Sergi R. can play there, or Kounde/Araujo in a 3-4-3 until we find some worldclass RB or a promising talent. I just hope we stop wasting money on short term mediocre right backs.

Alonzo

Mirror reporting de jong taking a pay cut. If so, have to say a) he’s waived generational wealth and been made to look a fool, and should immediately fire his agents, b) Barca have absolutely clowned him. And c) United fans should be really, really, relieved we don’t have him in our squad. You don’t want someone that set on staying elsewhere, at your club.
All dependent on if this news is true, of course. But if so, all 3 points are accurate.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Mirror reporting de jong taking a pay cut. If so, have to say a) he’s waived generational wealth and been made to look a fool, and should immediately fire his agents, b) Barca have absolutely clowned him. And c) United fans should be really, really, relieved we don’t have him in our squad. You don’t want someone that set on staying elsewhere, at your club.
All dependent on if this news is true, of course. But if so, all 3 points are accurate.
Not sure why you're blaming the agents if he himself has waived his deferred wages and taken a pay cut? In fact, don't agents take a % of players wages as a wage? FdJ should be the one being binned off by the agents if that's the case.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Not everybody needs a yacht or 5 houses to be happy. He will earn even without his deferred wages at least somewhere around 100m in his career. For some people, believe it or not, it's more than enough not to think about money further. His agent is pushing him hard for a transfer, because he wants his commission and is blocking all negotiations about a pay cut. If Dursun is finally negotiating, it's because Frenkie is forcing him to.
Is it too difficult to understand, that this guy simply loves the complete package barcelona can offer as a city and sports club and doesn't want to change it for 20m more? You insult a person, who loves the city with his fiancee and just wants to be happy at his dream club, especially now with a competitive squad to fight for all titles again. That says a lot about your character.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I don't see why Barca can't just say that they'll pay him the deferred wages when they are more financially healthy. They're spending hundreds of millions, it's a lie they can't pay him, they clearly can. What team wouldn't like all their players to accept smaller contracts so they can go out and buy more players?

Trust is important, they can't be trusted anymore.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
They're spending hundreds of millions, it's a lie they can't pay him, they clearly can.
No one is saying they can't pay him. They simply don't want to pay an off market wage, which is even without the deferral way too high. For example higher than 2 times Fifa player of the year Lewandowski. If barca agrees to it, then other agents will come and ask for the same amount and we are back on €700m+ wage, which the club can't afford. It's simple mathematics.
You open the door for one player, you open it for them all.
That's what Bartomeu did and that ended in €1.3b debt and 4 levers. Laporta introduced a new wage system and so far every player agrees to it. Now it's Frenkies turn. Whether he agrees to it or not, it's up to him. But his life would be definetly calmer and more enjoyable at the club if he agrees to a healthy wage like any other player right now.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I have heard a ridiculous amount of horse shit spouted by Barca supporters this summer. Illogical emotional blind love for Laporta and everything he does, it’s very weird and **** like. I hope the club I support never finds itself in such a situation and if it does I hope I’m not a blind **** hanging on the words of some crooked pied piper. How do you go from everyone’s second favourite club to arguably the most disliked club in world football whilst pretending that you’re on the right path. Shit, I’d rather city win the next 3 CL than Barca win one anytime soon.

cyberman

No one is saying they can't pay him. They simply don't want to pay an off market wage, which is even without the deferral way too high. For example higher than 2 times Fifa player of the year Lewandowski. If barca agrees to it, then other agents will come and ask for the same amount and we are back on €700m+ wage, which the club can't afford. It's simple mathematics.
That's what Bartomeu did and that ended in €1.3b debt and 4 levers. Laporta introduced a new wage system and so far every player agrees to it. Now it's Frenkies turn. Whether he agrees to it or not, it's up to him. But his life would be definetly calmer and more enjoyable at the club if he agrees to a healthy wage like any other player right now.
This is beyond ridiculous. So it’s up to De Jong to agree to it but it’s not up to future players to accept Barcas terms because De Jong is earning what was agreed to?
How does this make sense in any way? Was De Jong not earning his current salary when Lewa signed?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Excellent username.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If Barca agrees to uphold the contract they wrote and presented to De Jong?

Its Great Lewa is willing to play for less than his market value, but that's completely irrelevant. FDJ only agreed to leave for Barca because of the wage packet, or he never would have negotiated such a big salary. If he was willing to sign up for 150,000 a week then they would have signed him up for that, he wanted huge wages.

Companies never want to share the wealth when things are going well, but if Barca can afford to pay him, then why on earth would be accept less? Because it's good for Barca? Why should that be his priority?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So it’s up to De Jong to agree to it but it’s not up to future players to accept Barcas terms because De Jong is earning what was agreed to?
How does this make sense in any way? Was De Jong not earning his current salary when Lewa signed?
Yes, it's up to the future players and they won't agree to a €5-6m salary, if Frenkie will earn €10m, because Frenkie is not a star player. Players agree right now to a lower salary, because Laporta is convincing them with the new wage system with Lewandowski as the highest earner with €9m net because of his rank (at least thats the idea of Laporta). Pedri, Gavi, Araujo, Dembele had all take it or leave offers and they took it. But if the club is introducing a new wage system on the one hand, but allows exceptions on the other, future players won't agree to it. Simple logic.
Frenkie sticks out with his salary. He has an off market contract from the previous (criminal) president which the new leadership wants to adjust to a healthy level. We go in circles here.

::sonny::

[BREAKING]
Kounde registration have been not with Barça money, but with Laporta and other managers personal money, with a whip-round

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There's no way this would comply with La Liga FFP
Apparently it does, just read about it (sorry for the German source): https://www.transfermarkt.de/barca-...chaft-von-prasident-laporta-/view/news/410240

Under article 92 individuals can give guarantees, but those are limited to 5% of revenue and can only work as a short-term measure. In other words, either Barca sell someone until deadline day, or Laporta and Ferran Oliver have to pay their private money to the club to fulfill the guarantee.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Apparently it does, just read about it (sorry for the German source): https://www.transfermarkt.de/barca-...chaft-von-prasident-laporta-/view/news/410240

Under article 92 individuals can give guarantees, but those are limited to 5% of revenue and can only work as a short-term measure. In other words, either Barca sell someone until deadline day, or Laporta and Ferran Oliver have to pay their private money to the club to fulfill the guarantee.
I see, thanks. Still feels like this completely undermines the point of any FFP system

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Why? Barca will have actual income to finance Kounde
If it's intended to provide protection against 'oil money' or similar, it leads to the exact opposite. If it's intended to protect clubs from themselves, spending over their means and ending in financial disaster, it also promotes creating debt with private sponsors

antk

I see, thanks. Still feels like this completely undermines the point of any FFP system
Those La Liga rules have nothing to do with FFP as an ethical principle. They're viability guarantees to ensure the clubs do not go under.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
If it's intended to provide protection against 'oil money' or similar, it leads to the exact opposite. If it's intended to protect clubs from themselves, spending over their means and ending in financial disaster, it also promotes creating debt with private sponsors
This is not creating debt. They can't give a credit, they have to just pay the money to the club if it doesn't generate enough income otherwise (so if they fail to sell players now).

Conor

This idea that because Barca want to change their wage structure, everyone with existing contracts should accept a pay cut is such utter nonsense haha, the club decided to pay these wages in the first place, if they want to change something going forward that's fine, abusing current players into signing a new contract is absolute crap.