Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Rumour is that they have to pay another 20m to Liverpool if he plays another dozen or so games.
There has been a news a few days ago in Mundo Deportivo talking about that clause, if Coutinho played 100 games Barcelona would have to pay €20M.
Mundo Deportivo consulted Barcelona and they replied that it is fake news and that it has appeared from England.

What honestly happened to Coutinho? I know there’s no best position for him in Barca’s system but he’s basically gone into semi-retirement. Just lazy?
He broke his knee and was 9 months off

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Rumour is that they have to pay another 20m to Liverpool if he plays another dozen or so games.
Fake news

Ilaix Moriba now linked with Wolves and the price bandied about is 12.8m. Is this a joke? I thought he was a genuine mega prospect.
Last year of contract. He is making 500k per year, Barça offered 2M and a lot of minutes in the 1st squad.

He wanted more money, actually more than Pedri or Fati. He doesn't care if he spends a year without playing. He brings 15M or he will be 1 year playing 0 minutes. He is not even training with the 1st squad anymore.

I hope he is gone as soon as possible, not very smart behavior for a teenager from my point of view, but I guess he will know better.

caid

There has been a news a few days ago in Mundo Deportivo talking about that clause, if Coutinho played 100 games Barcelona would have to pay €20M.
Mundo Deportivo consulted Barcelona and they replied that it is fake news and that it has appeared from England.

He broke his knee and was 9 months off
Not surprised. A lot of random stories about Barcelona in recent weeks, hard to know which are real.

RamosForeva

Supports
Real Madrid
There is no contest today on a global scale over who is more famous.

I teach English in South America and we often use celeb photos to train certain basic questions. Anyone under 30 has no idea who Beckham is unless they are major football fans. Everyone knows Messi even if they have never watched a game.

People on here are underestimating global appeal and young demographics.
My wife and her family have no idea who messi is. Beckham on the other hand was the craze back in the day. I am pretty sure if a ask a random person walking down the street if they know who messi is they will say no and same goes for ronaldo but Beckham on the other hand is a different story. Everybody here who i talk to knows who he is.I live in seattle btw.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fake news

Last year of contract. He is making 500k per year, Barça offered 2M and a lot of minutes in the 1st squad.

He wanted more money, actually more than Pedri or Fati. He doesn't care if he spends a year without playing. He brings 15M or he will be 1 year playing 0 minutes. He is not even training with the 1st squad anymore.

I hope he is gone as soon as possible, not very smart behavior for a teenager from my point of view, but I guess he will know better.
While i agree that it would be great if he continued at Barca you can’t really call him „not very smart“ when he eventually signs a contract somewhere else that offers him a lot more money.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Crazy. Him and Dembele are possibly the two worst transfers ever.
I think they spent over/around €400m on those 2 plus Griezmann. That’s without the wages someone like Griezmann is on. Yikes.

It’s funny though. Being an “armchair” expert often gets laughed at on here (& most times rightly so), but I’m sure most armchair experts who watched Barca enough, could have spent that money better :lol:. Gross incompetence.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Basically a bunch of united fans that can't come to terms that Messi has far surpassed Beckham in branding. Footballing side was never even a question.
Bunch of Beckham's Cals on this forum :lol:

We have the modern version of Beckham now, but 10 times the player and has stayed much more years in the top than him = CR7.
This is such a weird thread. Btw, Messi and Ronaldo are obviously much better footballers but neither scores in the looks department (obviously not Messi but not even Ronaldo) and transcends in that manner the way Beckham did.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
What honestly happened to Coutinho? I know there’s no best position for him in Barca’s system but he’s basically gone into semi-retirement. Just lazy?
He was never anywhere near as famous as Beckham, never mind Messi, so I don't get the comparison?

RedDevilzFox

This is such a weird thread. Btw, Messi and Ronaldo are obviously much better footballers but neither scores in the looks department (obviously not Messi but not even Ronaldo) and transcends in that manner the way Beckham did.
Ronaldo doesn't score in the looks department?

This thread just keeps getting better and better.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
While i agree that it would be great if he continued at Barca you can’t really call him „not very smart“ when he eventually signs a contract somewhere else that offers him a lot more money.
I don't think that preferring 1 year without playing to try to sign a bigger contract next year is a good choice for a 18 years old.
I don't think that moving from Barcelona where you will be treated very well because you come from the U teams and where you will play a lot to Leipzig (for now the only offer) to make some extra money is a good long term choice either.

Many short term decisions are bad long term decisions.

Negotiations were going fine but Ilaix changed the representatives, now they ask 6M per year (net) and 12M as a signing fee, which is absolutely crazy for a 18 years old with barely 10 games in LaLiga.

Last edited:

Nogbadthebad

Beckham was drafted in to the 2012 olympic games opening ceremony, and I guarntee there was no one in the world wondering who the feck it was.

There was a film made based on his free kick style at the height of his fame, and it was a top ten on DVD sales and rentals when released in the US.

The other two guys are phenomenal and both have built brands, but beckham was setting trends for men wearing sarongs in places like Bolton for crying out loud.

Messi is a famous footballer. Beckham at his peak was famous for being david beckham.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't think that preferring 1 year without playing to try to sign a bigger contract next year is a good choice for a 18 years old.
I don't think that moving from Barcelona where you will be treated very well because you come from the U teams and where you will play a lot to Leipzig (for now the only offer) to make some extra money is a good long term choice either.

Many short term decisions are bad long term decisions.

Negotiations were going fine but Ilaix changed the representatives, now they ask 6M per year (net) and 12M as a signing fee, which is absolutely crazy for a 18 years old with barely 10 games in LaLiga.
Well, he is not getting €6m net at Leipzig either. And benching a player that honors his contract is shitty behavior from the club.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
That deal was widely reported to be structured like this back in 2018 or so ;

€120m guaranteed
€5m each for his 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th appearance for Barca
€5m each for Barca to qualify for CL in 18/19 and 19/20 seasons
€5m each for winning the CL in 18/19 and 19/20 seasons

Which would take the deal to €145m guaranteed and €5m more if Coutinho reached 100 appearances for Barca (currently on 90).

It was also widely reported a while ago that LFC had sold Barca's debt to them to a financial institution. Not sure how this would affect the potential extra €5m if Coutinho reaches 100 appearances but I would assume Barca would have to pay it to whoever owns the debt.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Toni Frieros - Sport

The mysterious decision of the directive of the FC Barcelona.

Of all the decisions that the current FC Barcelona Board of Directors have made, there is one that has me intrigued: Why did the losses of the 2021 season rise to 487 million euros?
Why is it that those that have been directly caused by COVID-19 barely exceed 91 million when the entire industry affirms that there are many more?
And the most disturbing: With what intention have you damaged footballers for 141 million euros?
These doubts are not trivial, because if, as it seems more than likely, the next meeting of delegated members of FC Barcelona in October approves the financial close of the year 20-21, who will be responsible for these losses? LaLiga, because it is enshrined in the Sports Law, will demand that they be endorsed. And even, any Barça partner could go to court and claim it. There is a precedent and, in addition, there is jurisprudence.

In October, the current board will submit the lowest spending budget in recent times for the approval of its commissioning partners. It circulates through the club that will not reach 600 million euros. Therefore, the guarantee that must be renewed in November (15% of that spending budget) will not exceed 70 million, when the current one is 124 million. The primary objective of this meeting, very plausible, is that on June 30, 2022, FC Barcelona obtain the greatest benefits in its history. Without the salary reduction of the players and with Messi in the squad, it would be impossible. And if to the depreciations of players and tax provisions (only with Neymar they have already obtained a great benefit) it is added that this season the public returns to the Estadi, that the Museum is open, the merchandising stores are already working, Barça Corporate will be sold for 300 million euros and that there will be new advertising contracts, the profit will be stratospheric compared to the pyrrhic spending budget that will be drawn up.

The key: It is likely that Laporta and Bartomeu will be seen in court over the issue of the guarantee.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
It seems that De Jong is there to make up the numbers as it's reported that Griezmann is on the way back to ATM.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Loaning Griezmann to Atletico because they're still over the wage limit with him on the books...?

Doesn't make much sense otherwise?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Take it with a grain of salt, but it's supposed to be a year loan with a mandatory purchase next summer. Don't think it has anything to do with wage limits considering they already registered everyone new bar Aguero. Probably the opportunity to remove that crazy ~800K/PW contract running until 2024 was too good to refuse regardless of the sporting side.

prateik

What's Barca's front line at the moment?

Depay, Brathwaite, Aguero, Fati, Dembele and maybe De jong?

That's fecking garbage. Aguero and Dembele are permacrocks..

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well that Griezmann saga at Barcelona was a big wet fart, wasn't it?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Loaning Griezmann to Atletico because they're still over the wage limit with him on the books...?

Doesn't make much sense otherwise?
Footballing wise doesn’t make sense. But financially it makes sense. It’s a loan with obligation to buy so they are guaranteed that €40m fee. And his wages are off the books.

DarkXaero

If Barcelona have a terrible season (looking likely at this point) and their finances continue to be what they are, I would love to see us try to go after Frenkie De Jong. It'd be a long shot but he'd be a dream signing for us.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Footballing wise doesn’t make sense. But financially it makes sense. It’s a loan with obligation to buy so they are guaranteed that €40m fee. And his wages are off the books.
True, if it is in fact obligatory. If it isn't then whomever made this decision on Barcelona's side could do with seeing a psychiatrist to put it mildly.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If Barcelona have a terrible season (looking likely at this point) and their finances continue to be what they are, I would love to see us try to go after Frenkie De Jong. It'd be a long shot but he'd be a dream signing for us.
He'd probably be the last person they let go of, I would have said Fati before but after his botched surgeries etc, who knows where he will end up?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If that Olmo bid was true and I was a Barca player who took a paycut I would be livid. €75m for Olmo? Dafaq are they smoking there?