Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I've tried to explain how all this worked. There is enough information in this thread.

I've tried to explain how all this worked. There is enough information in this thread.

The signing of Raphinha according to the press is paid in 3 installments and the money comes from 10% of the television rights.
If we talk about accounting, between salary and amortization will be €22-24M per year of wage bill.

Here you simply have to add and subtract wage bill to see if it meets the FFP.

We'll see if Auba continues next year. Dembélé renewed for 2 years only.

Money comes from the levers, that word so funny at first but now, apparently, it is no longer funny.

If Barcelona does not comply and has balanced expenses and income, they will not be able to register the players.
I think you’ve provided some really good info and dealt well with all of the Frenkie-driven angst so fist play. But the levers are still hilarious. For anyone living outside the Barcelona bubble it’s an utterly ridiculous phrase and it’s embedded in a completely nuts strategy. To see it used so freely just makes it even more amusing.

Someone

Something
Can't believe they're already wasting the money they'll get from the lever. Just can't comprehend how is this responsible.

The lever money isn't for free, it guarantees that they'll get 10% less tv money for 25 years, that gives everyone around them an edge for decades! Which in turn makes them less competitive.

It's not even long term planning. Spending so much money on Lewandowski, who'll turn 34 in Aug, is just nuts. He's a great player and I'd have him in a heartbeat, but it makes sense to focus on the long term.

Also all this doesn't guarantees them anything. Real Madrid still look stronger, and so do a lot of clubs in europe. Nobody would put any money on Barcelona winning the league or the CL any time soon. So why not just be responsible. Juventus managed to find a lot of good deals that kept them competitive.

Honestly if this was united, I'd want us to lay low and be responsible until we get out of the shithole. I'd rather have a club to support in few years time instead of nothing.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Used to be my 2nd favorite team, close behind Ajax. Obviously also because the clubs have quite a lot in common.

However I can't stand them anymore. They've become such a classless bunch, they can go bankrupt for all I care.

What they're doing to Frenkie is bizarre. He's not even the first one as Umtiti and Arthur have been through the same. They treated a club legend like Ronald Koeman like absolute garbage. A club acting so disrespectful towards a club legend is a disgrace.

Not to mention their Super League initiatives. Only for their own benefit, because they have made such a mess of things. This club does not take any responsibility for its own actions and failures.

They have had a huge era with Messi & Co, but lived above their standards to retain them. They could have sold one or two of their stars to be create a solid financial basis for the future, but refused to do so. This decision was good on one end (successfull team), but bad on the other (financial). Instead of taking responsibility for this choice now, they lash out at everything and everyone. What a big disgrace. I'm pretty sure Johan Cruijff is shaming himself in his grave for the disgraceful and classless behaviour of the club that he brought to these heights.

Barca needs to take responsibility for its actions. Rebuild, without forcing players out on stupid excuses whilst still spending crazy amounts of money on other players. Stop Super League ambitions because it's only in your own benefit. Barcelona should just accept it has to take a step or two back and rebuild a new great team which will take 5-10 years. That's the place Barcelona are in right now. They should not be signing players like Lewandowski. Absolutely ridiculous.
It sounds nice and all -- to take a long-term view. But unfortunately, they have elections and with that, you will not have anyone (Presidents) taking long-term views until they are literally on the brink or have been declared bankrupt.

sglowrider

No no no, don’t worry. Calling the absolute simplest financial transaction (selling future income with a discount to have cash at hand now) a „lever“ is still funny.

But every day is leversday so don’t expect comments all the time. And please sign Leversdowski, we need the money for de Ligt. Thank you.
And you will need Ronaldo to replace another great player. Please sign him.

Thank you.

croadyman

We had the potential to win everything after signing Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho last season, that worked out well. More seriously, on paper they have a team to compete with Real, i just dont think it'll translate to on the pitch performances, not to the extent of Real who are much more than the sum of their parts at least.
I dont really think they're lacking at cb or attacking midfield. The only thing their lacking is experience and game time for young, talented players. Midfield balance would be an issue for most teams too with Busquets being the only defensive minded player available but i accept barca operate differently to most. Just seems like a fragile set up to balance and I wouldn't trust Busquets to be up for it really. Full backs aren't great and the players they're targetting wont change that. Wingers are decent but nothing more, except Dembele possibly but that doesn't look a great bet these days. Lewandowski makes a lot of sense to me to be honest, age will start catching up with him but at 33 it shouldn't be a problem for a year or two. Could easily go the way of Shevchenko and just not be very good for them and i'd be a bit wary of Bayern being somewhat cooperative about the whole thing in that context. Adding some top tier talent to their forward line makes sense to me though and in terms of guaranteed success vs price to bring in he looks a good bet overall.
Even with those three knew full well we would struggle without RB, DM & CM, so it proved

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
It sounds nice and all -- to take a long-term view. But unfortunately, they have elections and with that, you will not have anyone (Presidents) taking long-term views until they are literally on the brink or have been declared bankrupt.
No excuse for acting like dickheads, not respecting contracts, players, club legends and not taking responsibility for your actions. Because you have elections doesn't mean you should lie. Same applies to regular politics. Lying should not be viewed as acceptable because it's all about the results. That's why the whole society is ruined. Barcelona have absolutely no excuse to act like this.

sglowrider

No excuse for acting like dickheads, not respecting contracts, players, club legends and not taking responsibility for your actions. Because you have elections doesn't mean you should lie. Same applies to regular politics. Lying should not be viewed as acceptable because it's all about the results. That's why the whole society is ruined. Barcelona have absolutely no excuse to act like this.
I agree 100%.

But unfortunately, in a fan-owned scenario voting for a club president, its political -- and Laparta's natural instinct is not to take ownership of the previous president's (Bartomeu) mistakes. And when its in the shithouse like they are now, almost everything is political now. That means everyone is can be sacrificed for their own political survival or ambitions -- whether it's players or club legends.

The wilder or more abhorrent they behave is just an indication of their desperation and dire straits they are in.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
With all these levers, I assume registering new players is not an issue anymore.

Which also would mean selling FdJ is not not necessary for them

sglowrider

With all these levers, I assume registering new players is not an issue anymore.

Which also would mean selling FdJ is not not necessary for them
I think it's the wage bill restrictions that has always been the problem.

With Frenkie's deferred salary payments backloading starting next season, it's understandable that Barca needs to sell off Frenkie to clear space, wage-wise for the new signings.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think it's the wage bill restrictions that has always been the problem.

With Frenkie's deferred salary payments backloading starting next season, it's understandable that Barca needs to sell off Frenkie to clear space, wage-wise for the new signings.
But with all these levers, that calculation looks very different now as it depends on your revenues I guess

sglowrider

But with all these levers, that calculation looks very different now as it depends on your revenues I guess
Not sure how the 'revenues' from these levers are accounted for. They are based on projected revenues and obviously not additional revenues.

caid

Even with those three knew full well we would struggle without RB, DM & CM, so it proved
Yeah that was my thought at the time. Kind of think they need a RB, DM and top tier winger even if they bring in their wishlist of players too though. They're probably not in a great position for winning prizes regardless really. Bit early for some of their players and a couple of years too late for others. Hard for that many signings to hit the ground running and just settle immediately too.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I have never seen a Barca team with so many quality players in attack. Of course, Messi, Neymar, Suárez were insane but their subs were mostly youngsters who never achieved anything after leaving Barca like Munir el Haddadi and Sandro Ramírez.
Dembelé, Raphina, Ansu Fati, Lewandovsky, Ferran Torres, Aubameyang. I'm assuming Memphis will go to Tottenham with such competition. The midfield is also very strong. We are two fullbacks away from having a great squad once again.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
"So Robert, now that you are officially one of us, we need you to defer some wage.."

Shinjch

Further embarrassment as they start their preseason tour without their manager. They just seem like a wild mess.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
They are #1 contenders for all trophies now surely

Last edited:

GinobiliTheGOAT

Further embarrassment as they start their preseason tour without their manager. They just seem like a wild mess.
Dumb statement, it was confusion at the border, they've strengthened their squad more than any other team this summer.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Aren't the Barca fans a little worried about all this spending?
According to them Laporta knows everything and is planning for all eventualities. Just like how their previous president knew everything and was planning for their future when they were spending 150m on likes of Dembele and Coutinho. At that moment they would point at their revenue and explain how they can afford it. Now its “levers”.

One thing you have to credit Barca board for. They know how to hoodwink their supporters.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
For a team struggling financially, I am surprised how many of their signings have little to no resale value.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
For a team struggling financially, I am surprised how many of their signings have little to no resale value.
I guess if it goes really tits up they could always sell one of Pedri, Fati or Gavi for 90M+ to an oil club.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
because the signings are not for resale, but for today. Another el year against the likes of frankfurt would be really the end of the club. Investments to ensure high income is the only way forward. And praying at the same time, there won't be covid restrictions again of course. Pre covid barca was the club with the highest sales, nearly passed the 1b. The goal is to get there again of course and you can only do that with a high competitive squad.