Barcelona vs Manchester United | Build-up Thread

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
They'll win by at least a couple in Spain and that'll be the tie done and dusted.

It's just as well, because then all the focus can be on trying to steal 4th in the league.
Would you please become a Spurs supporter? Fans like you are embarassing for a club like United

Greck

I guess they are certain Ronaldo will still be here.

Todd

Would you please become a Spurs supporter? Fans like you are embarassing for a club like United
Wow, get a grip. I don't live in a fantasy world in which I expect the club to win every time out. There are matches you go into expecting to win and matches you go into expecting that your chances aren't very good.

Given our performance in the group stage, there is nothing to suggest that we're going to go to the Nou Camp and score several goals. I don't think we can contain a striker like Lewa, especially with Martinez out of that match.

cyberman

Barca suffer against direct attacks. We really should be winning this with how we approach big games, especially against a midfield that’s more workman like than creative

tomaldinho1

They are shit against every semi decent opposition, so just go on and beat them. It's people like you @RoyH1 speaks about, you appear totally scared of them.
So terrified I described them as a shadow of what they once were. It’s a 50/50 game but we lack goals, they at least have Lewa.

Natener

Saw their games recently and while they are good, they are far from what they used to be. Much more pointless passing and relying on individual brilliance for goals. Overall they are almost like us except better, but nothing like City who are miles ahead of us in teamplay. It will come down to motivation. Defensively they tend to leave a lot more space than desired and can get hit on the counter. But of course if Ronaldo is still our front man against them then we probably won't hurt them much.

AnotherLondonManc

Posted this in the ticket info thread but not sure if that was the right place for it so asking here instead:

I live in Barcelona so I'm hyped about the Barcelona draw in the Europa League.

Would be way easier for me to get seats in the home stands. Has anyone had expereice supporting the away team and sitting in the home stands at Camp Nou? Am I likely to get into any trouble if I cheer when Utd score, or if I bottle a Catalan when they score?

el3mel

If we don't defeat them now, I don't know when we will ever do it.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I don't care if we are more likely to lose playing vs United is way more interesting to watch than playing vs any of those random team in which I don't know a single player.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Posted this in the ticket info thread but not sure if that was the right place for it so asking here instead:

Would be way easier for me to get seats in the home stands. Has anyone had expereice supporting the away team and sitting in the home stands at Camp Nou? Am I likely to get into any trouble if I cheer when Utd score, or if I bottle a Catalan when they score?
Nothing will happen to you, there are always people from other teams mixed and everything normal.

BorisManUtd

We can't catch a break with draws we get in european/domestic cup competitions. It's 2 more games in February and against a good opponent that we haven't beaten since that CL semis in 2008. It's different Barca this time obviously, but we're not exactly great either.

Positive is it's not Sevilla I guess.

Red Star One

I'm in Barcelona frequently and actually moving there soon, so also looking forward to being at Camp Nou and supporting United there. Local fans can be a bit annoying but I don't think there would be any troubles or dodgy situations if we end up in the home stands in United colours. From my experience at Camp Nou, there's so many random visitors during the games (including VIPs, tourists, people having no idea about football) that apart from sporting a Real shirt in the most hardcore Catalan sector I doubt there's much that would piss off the locals.

always_hoping

Just typical that United would draw the short straw when unlucky not to top their group.

troylocker

Probably the best draw we could have had.
Win it and we're favourites to win the whole thing.
Lose it and we can focus on the league and domestic cups.

Win/win

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think they are still better than us at this point and probably will be when the matches will take place in February, but it depends a lot on form who's available/injured, morale, etc. there is a WC between now and then.
Not the huge gap that there was when we last met in the CL, at least that's a positive thing.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
This was the one I wanted, if you dont look forward to games like this maybe football isnt for you? We can do these assholes and put them back in their box.

Quagmire Maguire

The caf does make me laugh at times, you had a massive portion of the forum crying at the end of last season it's Champions League or nothing, only play the kids if we get Europa blah blah blah. Now the same posters are crying we got a tough draw and are upset we are likely to struggle to go through. I (since we have been shit) have always embraced this competition as it's our level, same with the League cup. The trophies the bigger teams concentrate on Premier League and Champions League are way out of reach at the moment, I would rather we focus on actually trying to win a trophy like the EL or League cup. Barcelona is such a glamourous tie and I can't wait!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Just our fecking luck.

USREDEVIL

Probably best to play the hardest team early. It's a lot of games and if we cannot beat Barca early we probably wouldnt have later in the tournie.

lex talionis

Hopefully by February we will have learned how to cope with shitehouse clubs in La Liga who constantly mug the referee, waste time and feign injury like it’s November 22, 1963 even at the slightest touch.

We’ll see what happens in January, but if ETH still wants De Jong, well, let’s get it done. Would Frenkie be cup tied?

humdinger

Happy with this. It’s a proper glamour tie and either they knock us out early so we don’t waste anymore time on it and can focus on the league or else we eliminate the toughest team in the competition and greatly improve our chances of winning the whole thing.

Genuinely looking forward to the games.

Rauður Djöfull

Predictable draw

Hopefully we have gotten some reinforcement in January and show FDJ he should have moved last summer

Roux

i love how people are picking line-ups for a game that's 4 months away :lol:

James35

Nailed on for Frenkie to have an absolute worldy against us.

Plus no Martinez in first game. I honestly think they will convincingly beat us over the two legs.