Barcelona vs. Manchester United

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Beaten by an absolute class team. Their passing was sublime. One wish now is pep to replace fergie when the great man decides to go. Congrats barca.
No idea if he'd do well at all. It's one thing to be successful when you have one of the greatest players of all time (it seems) in your team and two midfielders who will go down as greats as well as well as Spain's record highest goal scorer.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
you mean Puyol?
I hope by "blanked", you actually mean blanked.
:lol:

Ah well, we've done better than anyone else in England in the CL this year. No other teams can take the piss out of us because they got knocked the feck out against lesser opposition. Besides Arsenal, but they still got knocked out first.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very nice touch for Abidal to lift the trophy.

amolbhatia50k

99 side would've given them a better game. I just hope Fergie is given the funds he deserves to improve the side.
Agree. I just think our biggest weakness is their strength. So it's a bit of a mismatch. It's a bit like a team with a big strong physically imposing attack going up against a team that struggles against big strong attackers. Like Drogba raping Arsenal year after year.

tippex

No idea if he'd do well at all. It's one thing to be successful when you have one of the greatest players of all time (it seems) in your team and two midfielders who will go down as greats as well as well as Spain's record highest goal scorer.
I know what you mean but when you look at barca teams in the past they have had class players and it takes a top man manager to get the best out of all the players so regularly.

amolbhatia50k

I reckon Guardiola is off now, to prove he can win without this unique squad.
I reckon for his sake he should. He's proven himself as a coach of a dream team and there's nothing left to prove. That midfield pisses on everyone wherever it goes whether it's in La Liga, the CL or indeed the WC. He will get plenty of credit but I think he needs to prove his mettle as more than a manager of one of the most gifted set of players ever assembled, especially when he wasn't the one who put the team together.

Kaos

Could've been 5 European Cups to our name. It's just a shame we've come up against these lot. Depressing.
We could have also just had to settle for one had we not been lucky in 99 and in the penalty shootout in 08. Its just how it is sometimes.

Kelvin

we were awful throught-out the match apart from Rooney's goal, barca teach us a footballing lesson, we couldn't get anywhere near them :(

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Get off the net you disgusting thief.

amolbhatia50k

Beaten by an absolute class team. Their passing was sublime. One wish now is pep to replace fergie when the great man decides to go. Congrats barca.
More than their passing, it's how many players who can keep the ball well in tight spaces that impresses me.

acrebo

Hopefully people won't start analysing the team in too much depth after this result. What we need is clear but nothing would've made a difference today; Barca are supreme.

Having said that a new midfield spark, and enforcer, would be nice. ;)

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
We need a very strong mid to beat barca--- and no team gets close, or play like RM did with Pepe in front of the defenders, worked well and if the ref's didn't fecked up maybe today we had a game against RM.

wr8_utd

:'(
DTguardian Even in his lowest moments, Fergie never misses a trick. Completely ignores David Bernstein's attempted handshake . .
Good old Fergie :lol:

And Guardiola at Chelsea? He's not going to get the ready made team of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co over there like he got at Barca..

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
If he is considering leaving Barcelona due to pressure I somewhat doubt he'll end up at Chelsea.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
DTguardian Even in his lowest moments, Fergie never misses a trick. Completely ignores David Bernstein's attempted handshake . .
Good old Fergie :lol:

And Guardiola at Chelsea? He's not going to get the ready made team of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and co over there like he got at Barca..
:lol::lol:

Well in Sir alex, feck off Bernstien you corrupt wanker.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Very minor point but 3 minutes injury time?

The ball was barely in play for the last 10, between Barca taking ages over their goal kicks and numerous free kicks they were awarded, as well as Busquets taking 4 minutes to leave the pitch after a non-injury.

Pissed me off at the time even though the game was up.

AgainstAllOdds

Very minor point but 3 minutes injury time?

The ball was barely in play for the last 10, between Barca taking ages over their goal kicks and numerous free kicks they were awarded, as well as Busquets taking 4 minutes to leave the pitch after a non-injury.

Pissed me off at the time even though the game was up.
Even if we had an extra 90 minutes, we would have just conceded more!

United Fan 101

Holds a Ph.D. in Football
Even if we had an extra 90 minutes, we would have just conceded more!
Yes. For the first time in 43 years I was hoping the game would just end. We could not compete tonight, weren't even close. Delighted to be put out of our misery there, because they were only going to score more. The result looks semi-respectable - could have been a lot uglier.

dan_alex

We committed football suicide by pitting Carrick and Giggs up against Xavi, Iniesta and Messi. I'm a little disappointed at SAF, because I think he was quite naive in this respect. The only way to stop Barca is to pack the middle of the field, and try to interrupt their passing rhythm.

It could have been an idea to play O'Shea as a holding midfielder, and try to watch for Messi's runs. Carrick alongside O'Shea and Giggs just infront of them. Chicho shouldn't have started today IMO.