Bastian Schweinsteiger | Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
With Less than 2 weeks to go and no sign of him being linked to anyone, what do we do if he stays beyond the summer market?

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
With Less than 2 weeks to go and no sign of him being linked to anyone, what do we do if he stays beyond the summer market?
Nothing really.

I doubt we will even play him in the U23 games as that draw unnecessary attention. I can see us coming to a mutual agreement to terminate his contract at some point. It certainly sont come cheap.

Did he sign a 3 year deal or a 2 + 1 year deal?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's going nowhere. No one would pay him anything like what he gets here.

ThanksBoss26

Nothing really.

I doubt we will even play him in the U23 games as that draw unnecessary attention. I can see us coming to a mutual agreement to terminate his contract at some point. It certainly sont come cheap.

Did he sign a 3 year deal or a 2 + 1 year deal?
3 year I think, from memory.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Other than liking him on a personal level he wont be missed on the pitch, not by last year performances.

He's a nice chap fans seems to like alot, but his actual contributions on the pitch is nothing extraordinary

KieranMUFC

We could just be reading too much into this.

Mourinho works with a small, dependable group of players.

Schweinsteiger can't be depended on. He's too injury prone. You can't plan anything around him.

Also notable that Schweinsteiger doesn't appear to have endeared himself to many within the squad or indeed the club.

You can take the man out of Bayern....
Have seen a few posts along the lines of this but never heard or seen anything about this until now? Any links or sources?

SirFergie

We could just be reading too much into this.

Mourinho works with a small, dependable group of players.

Schweinsteiger can't be depended on. He's too injury prone. You can't plan anything around him.

Also notable that Schweinsteiger doesn't appear to have endeared himself to many within the squad or indeed the club.

You can take the man out of Bayern....
What do you mean?

M Bison

Supports
York City
Love all those turning on him, "passive aggressive tweets" and "not endeared himself to other clubs".

Utter nonsense, the mans an ultimate professional and I've never seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Jaybomb

Hopefully he'll still be here when the transfer window shuts. And Mourinho will actually play him.

I don't want to see another Valdes scenario. Players like them deserve better than to be training with kids in the reserves. They're modern day legends of the game. Either release them or play them. No need to humiliate them, we're above that.

Jacko21

Have seen a few posts along the lines of this but never heard or seen anything about this until now? Any links or sources?
What do you mean?
Love all those turning on him, "passive aggressive tweets" and "not endeared himself to other clubs".

Utter nonsense, the mans an ultimate professional and I've never seen anything to suggest otherwise.
Observations. Grapevine. Similar to that of Di Maria, plenty of mumblings regarding his failure to integrate into the team - despite the efforts of others to help him settle.

Ultimate professional because he hasn't spoken out or because he's all smiles on Twitter? He's sitting pretty on 200k a week.

Does an ultimate professional rehabilitate himself whilst simultaneously accompanying his partner to global tennis tournaments?

Think about his popularity at Bayern and amongst the national team. Anything to suggest he's popular amongst the United squad? Anyone ever speak glowingly about his presence?

I'm not saying I dislike him, quite the opposite. But there's nothing to suggest he'd be missed, on or off the pitch.

keener

I HATE this thread. I hate him not in the team. I want him in the squad asap. I love BFS and felt, when healthy, he had a major positiove influence on the games last season. Sad and angry for BFS.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Observations. Grapevine. Similar to that of Di Maria, plenty of mumblings regarding his failure to integrate into the team - despite the efforts of others to help him settle.

Ultimate professional because he hasn't spoken out or because he's all smiles on Twitter? He's sitting pretty on 200k a week.

Does an ultimate professional rehabilitate himself whilst simultaneously accompanying his partner to global tennis tournaments?

Think about his popularity at Bayern and amongst the national team. Anything to suggest he's popular amongst the United squad? Anyone ever speak glowingly about his presence?

I'm not saying I dislike him, quite the opposite. But there's nothing to suggest he'd be missed, on or off the pitch.
As per my original post, I've never seen anything official which would suggest he isn't professional in the way he conducts himself. Lots of guessing and conjecture, similar to this post, but nothing concrete.

djdhrubs

There were rumours he spent much of last season back home in Germany rather than spending time with the squad. This was one of the bits info that came out when the press were briefed after van gaals sacking.

Jacko21

As per my original post, I've never seen anything official which would suggest he isn't professional in the way he conducts himself. Lots of guessing and conjecture, similar to this post, but nothing concrete.
Fair enough. Though it's perfectly acceptable for others to form an opinion based on observations and informants. You can garner a lot when you live and work in this city.

I think it's a sad situation. Sad in the sense that Bastian won't get to experience the 'real' Manchester United from hereon-in.

Reality is, he's injury prone and can't be depended on in that sense. Suspect that has formed the majority of Mourinho's thinking regarding him.

pacifictheme

I HATE this thread. I hate him not in the team. I want him in the squad asap. I love BFS and felt, when healthy, he had a major positiove influence on the games last season. Sad and angry for BFS.
Each to their own but i thought he was crap. Fellaini outperformed him and only a mad man would think otherwise.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Will Schweini do a Bogarde, and sit back and take the cash?

buckooo1978

There were rumours he spent much of last season back home in Germany rather than spending time with the squad. This was one of the bits info that came out when the press were briefed after van gaals sacking.
Yes heard that...

Instead of rehabilitation in Manchester he insisted on being treated in Germany/following Ana Ivanovic to different tennis tournaments

Kostur

海尔的老板
Will Schweini do a Bogarde, and sit back and take the cash?
Yes because as said here he is a true professional who also is a captain material because he's tweeting happy birthdays to our players and congratulates them when they win.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Supposedly true, and it wound up the players.

There have been things that Schweinsteiger has done to which wouldn't have endeared him to the rest of the squad - being unfit, teacher's (LVGs) pet, with the pointing stuff on the pitch. . .which someone must have had a word with him about.

If he wasn't good enough for Bayern, then he wasn't good enough for United. . . So it proved to be.

I can only see him heading back to Germany. No major club will come in for him, and any that do won't give him the wage he's on now.

Djemba-Djemba

Yes because as said here he is a true professional who also is a captain material because he's tweeting happy birthdays to our players and congratulates them when they win.
:lol:

So true.

Forget the fact he looked overweight and unfit for most of the season last year, and was constantly swanning off to go and watch his girlfriend play Tennis. He remember's everybody's birthday so he's clearly a true professional and deserves a place in the squad.

edcunited1878

If LVG gave him permission to leave Manchester and was rehabbing all that he could, there's nothing any of the other players could do about it. You can understand why certain players and people do things that others cannot, simply because of what they have achieved and who has a relationship with who.

At the very least, Basti should have been able to fight for a place in the squad and show that he's fit enough to contribute.

Pogba, Felliani, Carrick, Herrera and Morgan are the central midfielders at the club. These five players will need to stay healthy and be rotated properly for the next 9.5 months. We shall see.

drdoityourself

He'll join Wolfsburg...I don't base that on anything but my own suspicion. Guilavogui just suffered a nasty injury and Wolfsburg need a quick fix.

Asger

Other than liking him on a personal level he wont be missed on the pitch, not by last year performances.

He's a nice chap fans seems to like alot, but his actual contributions on the pitch is nothing extraordinary
Yes, so i guess almost all the team from last season should be sold except De Gea, Martial, Smalling, Lingard and Rashford.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Yes, so i guess almost all the team from last season should be sold except De Gea, Martial, Smalling, Lingard and Rashford.
Except you're forgetting Schwein's great leadership qualities.
If he was indeed the leader then he led us into the most negative, boring, and football-destroying season in my lifetime.
If Jose is wrong to sell him, then no worries, financially, the offers will be flying in on a daily basis.
Yeah, right.
Once again, no buyer will pay his wages in full, they will pay a percentage, and we will pay the difference, that's how it works. About 75% I imagine.

VanCurny20

What do you mean?
This. From what I've seen of Schweinsteiger he has embraced the club, fans and his team mates very well.

It's just he doesn't fit into Jose's plans it's nothing more and nothing less. We shouldn't make him out in a bad light.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
At least you are not angry and confused

Football clubs aren't run on sentiment. The one positive is that the English media don't seem to care either so Jose doesn't have to discuss this every week.He put a lid on this and it's now up to the club and Bastian to come up with an amicable solution which will either be a payoff or preferably a loan or sale.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Actually, China is not such a good idea. They'll be selling us shit, bootleg copies in a few years.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
After so much talk from Bayern about how we has mistreated him I was expecting them to place a bid. Or does Bayern expect us to treat their washed up legends well?

Status
Not open for further replies.