Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

EvilChuck

It's a shame this surprise is being spoiled before Warner Bros. has a chance to make the announcement, but welcome to the Internet. The LA Times has word that the studio will announce a long-awaited team-up of two DC Comics superheroes with a film that will feature Batman and Superman in a major feature film here at Comic-Con. Details are scarce, but Man of Steel director Zack Snyder is expected to direct with a script from the film's writer David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill putting on the cape again. However, don't expect Christian Bale to come back as The Dark Knight, as he indicated earlier this year. Read on!

The plan is to release the film in 2015, and there's rumblings that Christopher Nolan might end up producing, but that's not a certainty at this point. For years there have been hopes of a Batman vs. Superman movie, and while we're not sure what the story will entail, the prospect of Supes and The Bat coming together is pretty enticing, and will likely serve as a test to see how a Justice League film might work sometime down the road. It's an interesting move for Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment who have struggled to figure out how to bring their own superhero ensemble together, and we'll see how it pans out. If anymore details emerge from the panel later, we'll update this post, so stay tuned.
UPDATE: At the conclusion of the Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con, Man of Steel director Zack Snyder was brought out with some kind of announcement regarding the next Superman movie. He tapdanced around the introduction, saying there was one element he could reveal about the film that would give fans an idea of what to expect. And to help out, he brought Man of Steel co-star Harry Lennix to read something that gave the game away. The actor read:
"I want you to remember, Clark. In all the years to come. In all your most private moments. I want you to remember, my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
For those who don't know, that's an excerpt from The Dark Knight Returns after Batman kicks Superman's ass. And after that was read, this little gem was thrown on the big screens (photo courtesy of Cinema Blend):
That's right. A new Batman and Superman film is officially on the way. A press release says production is expected to begin in 2014 with a release planned in the summer of 2015. Zack Snyder is indeed directing with David S. Goyer writing the screenplay and Henry Cavill back as Superman. The release says a new Batman has yet to be cast, so Christian Bale is definitely not coming back. Stay tuned.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/warner-bros-announcing-batman-superman-film-to-release-in-2015/

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Excellent. The Batman vs Superman story is meant to be one of the best.

Drifter

American
Sounds promising, but it seems quite a jump forward from the last film, maybe it's leading up to the Justice League movie.

Castia

Interesting, it won't be the same without Bale as Batman though. That being said I've heard this story in the comics was brilliant, hopefully they can make a good movie out of it.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
If it's not Adam West then I'm not interested.

I bet the have Superman turn evil (there's a colour of kryptonite that does that I think) and Batman has to find a way to turn him back good.

There's not really much you can do with Superman without fecking around with kryptonite.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Man of Steel seemed to disappoint a lot of critics so I'm not sure the Snyder director Nolan producer combo is worth getting excited about.

amolbhatia50k

:lol:

Seriously, why even make a batman film without bale? The dark knight trilogy has raised the bar for superhero movies. Why feck about with the character putting Ben fecking Affleck in his shoes for a one off movie.

From what I've read and heard is is first and foremost a superman film.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Brilliant. Hopefully he doesn't speak with a ridiculous voice like Bale's thus ruining practically every scene Batman's in.

Leg-End

Ben Affleck? I bet that sneaky fat bastard Kevin Smith recommended him, in fact feck it might as well cast Matt Damon as Robin.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Your attachment to Bale is slightly disturbing. I personally thought his Batman blew, Bruce Wayne was good but it was uncomfortable to watch him try and play Batman. Anyway he's a goner.

amolbhatia50k

Your attachment to Bale is slightly disturbing. I personally thought his Batman blew, Bruce Wayne was good but it was uncomfortable to watch him try and play Batman. Anyway he's a goner.

Ah good old lst! I had a feeling it was you as soon you dragged out the tired "omg he's an obsessed fanboi! Lolzz!" line. I wasn't even being entirely serious. Every thread doesn't have to be like your madrid barca Ronaldo messi ones!

Anyhoo, I'm not opposed to someone else playing batman but I do have serious donuts about this movie. Loved the dark knight trilogy ( much more than bale in it) and I'm not sure Snyder will do justice to the movie and/or characters.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
you mean aka LTS under my name didn't tip you off? Dude when you say things like the dark knight trilogy raised the bar and Affleck looks like a pussy you deserve all you get, thats fanboy speak, jilted fanboy speak.

As someone who didnt like Nolans joyless approach with the 'realism', and who didnt care for Bale's Batman, I'm pretty satisfied I'll at least have a chance at something I might like more.

amolbhatia50k

you mean aka LTS under my name didn't tip you off? Dude when you say things like the dark knight trilogy raised the bar and Affleck looks like a pussy you deserve all you get, thats fanboy speak, jilted fanboy speak.

As someone who didnt like Nolans joyless approach with the 'realism', and who didnt care for Bale's Batman, I'm pretty satisfied I'll at least have a chance at something I might like more.
Loads of people felt the dark knight raised the bar. And I mean for superhero films not films in general. Could that possibly be because.... I rate the film? I'm not sure why everything goes to obsession with you.

Ben Affleck has quite a timid voice. I'm not sure why I'm supposed to not say otherwise if I feel so. Maybe he'll do it well but needs to work on the voice. Doesn't need to speak like he's got 5 frogs in his throats fighting to get out all at once, but is not know...Ben Affleck!?

Fair enough about the last bit. I disagree. I liked it. Although it was never bale's batman, it was Nolan's.

amolbhatia50k

Btw, never bothered to look at the lst under your username. This ones better.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Dude Affleck will be acting! Did you know Bale's Batman voice isn't his natural voice? You're right about TDK trilogy though, but a whole load of those are people who aren't actually into comic book films and just wanted to get on the bandwagon!

amolbhatia50k

Dude Affleck will be acting! Did you know Bale's Batman voice isn't his natural voice? You're right about TDK trilogy though, but a whole load of those are people who aren't actually into comic book films and just wanted to get on the bandwagon!
Of course. Mine was just a light hearted comment though. Affleck has always come across as a bit "soft" for me. It's hard for me as someone whose grown up reading and watching batman to imagine him playing the role. But I guess that's his challenge and maybe he'll actually do well. Doubting it as of now. Let's see the first dew trailers.

Batman better kick superman's unrealistic ass.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Dont even get me started on that, I could go all day on how a billionaire playboy who's famous in the city but gets away with dressing as a bat and fighting crime against a load of eccentric villains isn't quite realistic :lol:

People were very skeptical of Ledger's casting as the Joker, now everyone loves him, though I suspect the Oscar and some of the critical acclaim are maybe slightly exaggerated because of his death.

amolbhatia50k

Dont even get me started on that, I could go all day on how a billionaire playboy who's famous in the city but gets away with dressing as a bat and fighting crime against a load of eccentric villains isn't quite realistic :lol:

People were very skeptical of Ledger's casting as the Joker, now everyone loves him, though I suspect the Oscar and some of the critical acclaim are maybe slightly exaggerated because of his death.
Superhero films by nature are unrealistic. But everything you state is within boundaries. Assuming that an individual can mask their identity by wearing costumes and fight loads of eccentric villains (because that's pretty much the basis of this genre ), the only stupid things is that he's a billionaire ( who cares?) and that he dresses as a bat (again, how does it matter what consume he wears really?).

Superman on the other hand is basically mr. Perfect who can do anything everything. feck off superman, with your perfectness! And he masks his identity by... TAKING OFF HIS SPECTACLES!

As for ledger, I won't hear a bad word about his joker character (well I will but it sounds fun to say). That was the best part of the whole trilogy for me. The character was that good IMO. Nothing to do with death, I just thought it Was great. Also, an oscar? Slum dog millionaire won an oscar ffs!

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Well no-ones forcing you to watch! Loved Superman since I was a kid, loved what he stood for. And he's a proper superhero with powers, with all due respect Batman's a glorified detective, James Bond with a mask.

Ledger was really good don't get me wrong, but it wasn't my personal fav version of the Joker. My point was, he was well known for 10 things I hate about you and for playing a gay cowboy, people were less than impressed with his casting. Infact now I mention it, it was the same story with Michael Keaton in 89, but he won people over.

amolbhatia50k

Well no-ones forcing you to watch! Loved Superman since I was a kid, loved what he stood for. And he's a proper superhero with powers, with all due respect Batman's a glorified detective, James Bond with a mask.

Ledger was really good don't get me wrong, but it wasn't my personal fav version of the Joker. My point was, he was well known for 10 things I hate about you and for playing a gay cowboy, people were less than impressed with his casting. Infact now I mention it, it was the same story with Michael Keaton in 89, but he won people over.
Yeah I agree with about the last bit. In fact I was going to add in my previous post that sometimes an actor you're skeptical about for a role can really surprise you.