Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was there a worse superhero movie than that one btw? A funking love triangle? I waste use whether I was watching batman or a 90's Bollywood movie.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He did win an academy award for Argo,somehow.
Well, technically, the film won an award - Affleck himself didn't win the best director award or anything.

Mind you, considering the competition, it was one of the better films to pick from.

amolbhatia50k

Well, technically, the film won an award - Affleck himself didn't win the best director award or anything.

Mind you, considering the competition, it was one of the better films to pick from.
I didn't like it to be honest. I only silver linings playbook out of the other contenders and preferred it. Argo was just a bit flat for me. Nothing particularly interesting about it. It didn't move me. It didn't enlighten me. It was just okay viewing.

ciderman9000000

I didn't like it to be honest. I only silver linings playbook out of the other contenders and preferred it. Argo was just a bit flat for me. Nothing particularly interesting about it. It didn't move me. It didn't enlighten me. It was just okay viewing.
Same. I've no idea what all the fuss was about.

I really liked the opening scene and there was a tense moment in the airport that lasted about sixty seconds, but other than that nothing happened. Afleck was virtually anonymous.

It essentially won the Oscar because it depicted America shoving it to some foreign country. All Oscar winners these days depict America shoving it to some foreign country.

Team America was spot on.

Annihilate Now!

Scout

I really liked the opening scene and there was a tense moment in the airport that lasted about sixty seconds, but other than that nothing happened. Afleck was virtually anonymous.

It essentially won the Oscar because it depicted America shoving it to some foreign country. All Oscar winners these days depict America shoving it to some foreign country.
True, and considering the alternative for that was Zero Dark Thirty (which is crap), I'd rather it was Argo.

Personally I'd have given it to Life of Pi.

amolbhatia50k

That's because America is usually shoving it to some foreign country :)

I know the oscar for best film is usually given to a certain "type" of film, but they've been taking the piss of late. Slum dog millionaire was only given the award because it was based around poor children. It was such am average film. Even the music composed by our most prominent composer, a.r Rahman, was woeful compared to his other work, won the award for best music. Then there'd Argo who was average. I didn't even like that movie about he bomb defusing team, thought it was utterly boreing (expect many to disagree with this one).

Annihilate Now!

Scout
That's because America is usually shoving it to some foreign country :)

I know the oscar for best film is usually given to a certain "type" of film, but they've been taking the piss of late. Slum dog millionaire was only given the award because it was based around poor children. It was such am average film. Even the music composed by our most prominent composer, a.r Rahman, was woeful compared to his other work, won the award for best music. Then there'd Argo who was average. I didn't even like that movie about he bomb defusing team, thought it was utterly boreing (expect many to disagree with this one).
Personally, I think Slumdog is brilliant - and only recieves a backlash because it got so much acclaim. It is an incredibly well made movie - a different/actually quite interesting story told in a very compelling way.

You're right on Hurt Locker though - one of the most overrated movies in years.

ciderman9000000

I can't believe Ben Afleck is Batman :lol:

The world's biggest Batman fan, my dad told me the other day that Orlando Bloom was being lined up. It could have been worse then.

amolbhatia50k

They should have gone for Meryl Streep just to test the academy.

Heardy

I'll be interested to see where he goes with it, he might just surprise us.

I seem to remember a lot of people having reservations aboutTom Hardy being "too small" to play Bane, and Daniel Craig being "too blonde" to play JAMES Bond.

Sometimes an actor can pull something out of the hat, and I think Afleck could pull off an older Bruce Wayne quite well. I have no idea how Batman & Superman stories link in DC Comics, and what arc the story will follow - but I'm looking forward to it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's not Henry V is it? You basically just need hair, legs, a good chin and the ability to speak in a low growly whisper occasionally. Sometimes you have to stare off into the distance and look a bit angry. But Nolan's done his serious take, and he's playing a cameo in a Superman film, so it's basically just the hair, legs & chin.

Affleck is an infinitely better actor than Henry Cavill is. Or Toby Maguire. Or Thor Guy. Or half the people who're playing Superheroes at the moment. I've no idea what people are complaining about. He looks the part. Can act. Done.

Shut up geeks.

Zen

Looks like him to direct the Justice League movie wasn't so far fetched then.....gives me vague hope for it, he's a good director.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I swear Ben Affleck said he would never do a Superhero film again after Daredevil because he hated being in a suit all day? Shows what money can do. I dont mind him as an actor but I dont think he can pull off Batman, especially with a distinctive chin like his. I hoped for it to be Josh Brolin as him being an older and wiser Batman against a youthful and rash Henry Cavill would have had the two characters being different enough to go at it...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's not Henry V is it? You basically just need hair, legs, a good chin and the ability to speak in a low growly whisper occasionally. Sometimes you have to stare off into the distance and look a bit angry. But Nolan's done his serious take, and he's playing a cameo in a Superman film, so it's basically just the hair, legs & chin.

Affleck is an infinitely better actor than Henry Cavill is. Or Toby Maguire. Or Thor Guy. Or half the people who're playing Superheroes at the moment. I've no idea what people are complaining about. He looks the part. Can act. Done.

Shut up geeks.

Apparently he's going to have a five minute monologue about a possible Star Trek script.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Now compare this, so called new Batman to Michael Keaton's performance in 1989... Even Bale couldn't compete in brilliant Nolan's attempt.

Affleck may bring similiar style to Val Kilmer's performance which may be not that tragic but still lacks Keaton's depth like friggin hell.

I think, I would rather have Carl Urban or Jonny Depp as Bruce Waye/Batman. Affleck will need to make literal miracles on the set to save his face from inevitable flaming from Bat-fans.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down

Team America was spot on.

No it didn't. America told Affleck to let them feck themselves. He didn't listen. They wanted to leave people behind rather than possibly look foolish trying to save them.