Film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
No, but he did win an academy award years ago for the script of Good Will Hunting!
He also won it for Argo. He has two. Even though it's pretty much ridiculous to give a movie an award for being the best an not giving it to the director. Typical Hollywood for not wanting one to have it all. Like Return of the King was 9-10 Oscars better than the first two in the trilogy. Yea sure.

I don't mind Affleck. I sure as hell hasn't seen a better option from anyone else. People love criticizing stuff without offering a solution themselves.

kps88

The reactions pretty similar to when Legder was cast as the Joker. Lets wait and see what Affleck does with the role. If they go by the comic, this will be a very different to what we're used to - an older, more grizzled and cynical Batman. Gives Affleck the chance to put his own stamp on things.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Has Bale baled (see what I did there) himself out or been dumped? I can't see past AJ in Armageddon or Shakespeare in Love - Ben Affleck still seems quite young to me. Didn't he give a great performance as the guy who played Superman on tv - George someone? He can act, so shouldn't be judged before we see what he's like.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Has Bale baled (see what I did there) himself out or been dumped? I can't see past AJ in Armageddon or Shakespeare in Love - Ben Affleck still seems quite young to me. Didn't he give a great performance as the guy who played Superman on tv - George someone? He can act, so shouldn't be judged before we see what he's like.
Bale quit and Affleck is also older (than Bale).

I would like to have seen Clooney given another go in a non-ridiculous Batman film.

Spoony

The People's President
Ben Affleck? Why don't they give Matt Damon the role of Superman while they're at it...they make a great double act and all. And Clooney was shite but Kilmer was worse. I suspect Ben will be as brilliant as those two were.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ben Affleck? Why don't they give Matt Damon the role of Superman while they're at it...they make a great double act and all. And Clooney was shite but Kilmer was worse. I suspect Ben will be as brilliant as those two were.
Let's just hope, Ben won't pull 'Daredevil' on us.

Matt Damon ? Could be a decent Robin... certainly better than Chris O'Donnell, in the worst movie about Batman.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Matt Damon as Robin? He's older than Ben Affleck.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: Ben Affleck? Why not go for Adam Sandler while you're at it?

People saying it's a good choice should watch DareDevil.

ciderman9000000

What? Batman at least has to be good looking. Bruce Wayne is a partyboy, a ladies man. Shannon is the next Jaws in a Bond flick should there be one.
Michael Shannon's a good looking bloke! He'd strike fear into his enemies in ways that Ben Affleck could only dream of; those penetrative eyes and that steely grimace behind the mask of Batman would have Gotham's criminals shaking in their probably stolen boots and there's no doubt in my mind about that.

Plus Shannon was Zod in MOS :lol:
Yeah there is that though.

Godfather

Don't rate Affleck at all. Will see how it pans out but feck me he's been horrible in many movies.

Count Orduck

Well, it depends how they play it. "Thor guy" as Mockney puts it works in the Marvel films because they're deliberately hammy and over-the-top. It's the same reason RDJ absolutely nails Tony Stark - they're meant to be a little bit silly.

The DC films, on the other hand, have been going for this "realism" angle that requires a totally different skillset. Bale was a good Batman because he just went around being introspective and angry all the time. The Superman film tried to keep the same tone whilst including aliens and spaceships and failed spectacularly because of it. Affleck might be able to pull this off -- he's actually a pretty decent actor -- but if he's just trying to be Bale Mk. II then he's going to fail. If the tone of the movie is a bit lighter, it might work.

I fear that the inevitable Justice League movie is going to try and maintain the gritty style used in the Dark Knight trilogy, though, which is surely not going to work. You can't be hard-hitting, serious and poignant whilst a bunch of men in tights fly around shooting lasers from their eyes.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Loads of comic fans went on about how they should definitely go for a lighter, more fun take on Batman post-Nolan. Now they're all complaining Affleck hasn't got enough gravitas.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Bruce Willis has acquired a kind of permanent misanthropic disdain for everything he does now that I feel would brilliantly suit the role.