Bayern München v Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needham

You guys are absolute mental cases... I've never been Rooneys biggest fan because I think he can do this all too often (go missing, be shit, be detrimental to our performances). However, you guys take the piss, one week you're licking his arse, calling him the 3rd best player in the world, how amazing he is, then he has a 90min shit game and suddenly he should be injured forever, isn't worth 300k. You just contradict yourselves all the time, it's like the average age here is about 13.
I hope "you guys" doesn't include Giflord. He never said anything about Rooney. Leave him out of this!

bugmat

Evra scored our goal then lost us the game by losing his head...brilliant. Moyes was also too scared to sub a rubbish unfit/injuerd Rooney.

MajorTom

Not a bad attempt. Cut us apart when we opened up slightly, fantastic goal from Evra and then bad defending from him. A valiant effort for 60 minutes.

bishblaize

Well there are lots of things Im not happy about. I'm not happy about how this season has gone; how we've got to the position where our team feels playing long ball is as good as they can offer; where our team is so low on confidence that we couldn't trouble them once they equalized; that Moyes tactics and team selection were so wonky.

But I'll say this - once the whistle blew, I couldn't fault the effort of the guys on the pitch. Not all of them played well, and not all of them deserve to even be on this stage. But in the context of this season, they gave it all they had.

Crashoutcassius

For all the bitching going on here there are a lot of positives to take from this game. Jones, Smalling, Valencia, Kagawa and Welbeck have done well. Can't expect to

It quite clearly was, but nothing to do with Moyes I'm afraid. Fergie didn't win there either, did he? And he went there with stronger sqauds.
hardly impossible. we had the chances to bury it. valencia 1/4 of a yard offside. welbz clear through on goal. rooney with an easy chance in this one. plenty of opportunities to get ahead. just don't seem to have the personnel to cling onto a lead though

redevil2

Rooney should never have played the whole 90 mins. Such a waste of players on the bench. Moyes needs to go back to school to learn how to use substitutions. Sigh

Dominos

For a good 30 seconds I thought it was going to be a famous night.

feck sake... How did we lose our ability defend in the space of a minute?

NoLogo

Well feck. Had a good chance here but somehow totally collapsed after going ahead 1-0. Really sad.

Only positive thing for me that we at least put up a much bigger fight then I would have expected. This team has still a long way to go if we really want to compete for the Cl again.

Irrational.

On a positive note, we did better than Barca against this Bayern side. :)

I guess it was always a pipe dream this season.

Fans were excellent.

Defensively, we weren't good enough. Rooney is a bottlejob.

I think Kagawa was our best player, but the rest of his team mates seem to shy away from passing to him.

Finally, I don't think Evra will score a better goal in his career.

That is all.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Atletico
Real Madrid
Chelsea

I would have fancied our chances if we had progressed tonight.

Plugsy

That was alright. Toe to toe with the best team in world football whilst being at our lowest ebb in decades and we matched them for what was it, 150 minutes of football over the two legs?

No complaints. Walk tall lads.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Wtf I think it was a botched finish, we were meant to kick out. It looked like they hesitated to put up that 3-1 FT scoreline and everyone looked confused.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You guys are absolute mental cases... I've never been Rooneys biggest fan because I think he can do this all too often (go missing, be shit, be detrimental to our performances). However, you guys take the piss, one week you're licking his arse, calling him the 3rd best player in the world, how amazing he is, then he has a 90min shit game and suddenly he should be injured forever, isn't worth 300k. You just contradict yourselves all the time, it's like the average age here is about 13.
Agreed, some of the comments on here are an utter disgrace.

But hey, a lot of the posters are pretty young and upset, so have to allow it.

It was almost the worst thing to do to score so early, as everyone just subconsciously eased off, and they had the momentum from then on.

Thank heck we only have 5 games to play out now, get this season done and finished

Duffy

Who needs races when you're racist?
Can barely fault us over two legs, proud of the lads, hope that the kind off attitude we have shown in those 2 games carries on because it has been lacking for most of the season.

To point out a few Kagawa, Valencia and Smalling - don't think Rooney was fit but hell didn't Fergie make the same mistake 4 years ago.

Crashoutcassius

Chelsea win the CL
Liverpool win the League
Arsenal win the FA Cup
Moyes gets us 7th at best with no Europe

And he will still be here next season.
lol what do the other things have to do with him being here next season? glad you're not in charge. 'david moyes has been sacked today, official statement from manchester united is that it's because pro vercelli came 9th in the Serie B

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Did we really went toe to toe against Bayern? They dominated us in Manchester, they kept us in our place at Munich and when we dared compromising their CL progression they smashed us.

FFS lets not forget that we're Manchester United.

Blue always red

Absolutely disappointed at the performances put in by Wayne over both legs. Danny Welbeck busting his gut chasing down anything and everything, and over both legs Rooney looked like he couldn't give a shit. 3 chances today that should have been put away and 1 chance last week that he should have put away.

On a plus note, the rest of the team (bar maybe Carrick whose distribution was woeful and he lost his composure so many times) performed admirably. Jones and Smalling putting in stellar performances and Kagawa and Welbeck showing us what they could do. Valencia was also magnificent tonight. On another day, with our 2 key players not becoming idiots, we would have gone through but alas it was not to be.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
lol what do the other things have to do with him being here next season? glad you're not in charge. 'david moyes has been sacked today, official statement from manchester united is that it's because pro vercelli came 9th in the Serie B
I never said the other things have anything to do with Moyes. They were all grouped together as the "season from hell".

Your friend Moyes ought to be sacked irrespective of what Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal do.

Drummer

A fit Rooney gets two goals tonight...

We lost and the hindsight brigade will have all the answers as to what we should of done but I think DM got most things right tonight....

After second bayern goal that was another shitty deflected shot, uniteds legs were gone!!!

Wouldnt of been bad having Rvp option either..

Status
Not open for further replies.