g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackShark_80

Why what did he say?

Full Translations:
To begin 2019 let's put points over I Let's begin with the jealous and the haters probably born because of a condom with holes : Go f*ck your mother, grandmothers and even your entire family tree. I owe you nothing, my success I owe it to god, to myself and my close friends/family who always believed in me. As for the others you are nothing more than rocks in my shoes

Last edited:

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
“F*ck your mothers, your grandmothers and your family tree.”

Well atleast that's probably what every other starplayer is thinking day in, day out. :lol:

RooneyLegend

He sounds like 2pac. Also does he really treat rocks in his shoes with that much disdain?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

So Pavard to Bayern is official. Will it be Sule + Pavard as CB?

Ish

Lights on for Luke

So Pavard to Bayern is official. Will it be Sule + Pavard as CB?
Hummels and Boateng both done/regressed? Haven't watched much of Bayern this season at all.

I know they've been looking at offloading Boateng (injuries/wages I'd assume). Not sure what kind of form Hummels has been in, especially as they've seemingly struggled this season.

tattico

Supports
SC Freiburg
Good Transfer! Rumours say, that Kovac thinks Hummels (30) is too slow. Boateng (30) was injured often and has lost his best shape somewhere between 2014-2016. Hernandez is also a very good CB, but i wouldn´t buy him, when you have to pay his release clause (85 Mio. Euro) to get him. I would trust Süle (23) + Pavard (22) as a new CB-Duo.

Last edited by a moderator:

izec

Great transfer IMO. Bayern doing it right currently, will pay off in a few years going for highly talented players.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Pavard isn't having a great season, and he's been injured for the last four weeks, missing out on Stuttgart's training camp. Hope he will improve again to the levels he's shown at the world cup.
At least we're getting a lot of young blood into the club (Davies, Pavard, Gnabry, Süle, Sanches, CHO?), even if it's hit and miss we should get a few long term players out of that.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Bayern doing what Barça or Man Utd should have done this past July: signing a talented RB like Pavard.
He's not an RB. He just plays there for France because they have no great option and the centre is stacked with Varane and Umtiti.

This doesn't change anything about Lucas, the Pavard deal was already done before the Lucas talk came up. He is still a hot candidate for the summer because Hummels and Boateng could both leave and they need 3 CBs to share the playing time in all competition. The cheap price for Pavard actually makes Lucas even more likely, if he was like 60m/70m, I would say no way Bayern is spending 150m on their central defence.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern doing what Barça or Man Utd should have done this past July: signing a talented RB like Pavard.
United actually signed a talented RB in Dalot last July and Bayern just signed a CB? :houllier:

We need an rvn

Dalot has been a success?
Not yet no, Dalot is just 19. I can't name any 19 year olds who play as LB or RB at Bayern / Real / Barca on a regular basis. Pavard is near to the day 3 years older than Dalot, who comes with a huge reputation within the game that I'm sure we'll see at United in a year or so.

Renegade

Pavard isn't having a great season, and he's been injured for the last four weeks, missing out on Stuttgart's training camp. Hope he will improve again to the levels he's shown at the world cup.
At least we're getting a lot of young blood into the club (Davies, Pavard, Gnabry, Süle, Sanches, CHO?), even if it's hit and miss we should get a few long term players out of that.
Is he a better CB than he is RB? He played RB for France during the World Cup right?

NYAS

He's not an RB. He just plays there for France because they have no great option and the centre is stacked with Varane and Umtiti.

This doesn't change anything about Lucas, the Pavard deal was already done before the Lucas talk came up. He is still a hot candidate for the summer because Hummels and Boateng could both leave and they need 3 CBs to share the playing time in all competition. The cheap price for Pavard actually makes Lucas even more likely, if he was like 60m/70m, I would say know way Bayern is spending 150m on their central defence.
There is no way all 3 of Lucas, Pavard and Süle will be content with “sharing playing time” in a season or so. They are all good enough to start and none will accept being on the bench or being 2nd-choice. In addition, 34 games are played a season in the Bundesliga as opposed to 38 in most leagues, and their cup competition isn’t as long as other domestic cups, and they don’t have a league cup.

In a season or two if all 3 of Pavard, Lucas and Süle are there, then either Lucas will start at LB or Pavard will start at RB.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
There is no way all 3 of Lucas, Pavard and Süle will be content with “sharing playing time” in a season or so. They are all good enough to start and none will accept being on the bench or being 2nd-choice. In addition, 34 games are played a season in the Bundesliga as opposed to 38 in most leagues, and their cup competition isn’t as long as other domestic cups, and they don’t have a league cup.

In a season or two if all 3 of Pavard, Lucas and Süle are there, then either Lucas will start at LB or Pavard will start at RB.
No one will be second choice, they will equally play 34 games or so over the course of the season, just like Süle, Hummels and Boateng shared it last season. Bayern always had 3 equally used CBs in the last few years like with Benatia, Dante and Badstuber before that.

Bayern regularly go very far in the CL, that gives you many more matches.

None of those will be the starting LB or RB because Alaba and Kimmich have many year left and are much better at the roles of attacking fullbacks that Bayern need there.

The only chance would be if Kimmich becomes a midfielder full time, but I don't believe that because Bayern has like a dozen midfielders in the squad already (Thiago, James, Martinez, Tolisso, Goretzka, Sanches).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Is he a better CB than he is RB? He played RB for France during the World Cup right?
He played CB exclusively for Stuttgart this season, but didn't do so great, as I said. So... we'll have to see for ourselves.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I think we should also consider the possibility of Bayern playing three at the back, that is the preferred formation of Kovac. That being said, you need strength in depth as well and currently Bayern lack depth at CB as well.

Most likely Boateng will leave, he already isn't considered first team by Kovac as he prefers Sule and Hummels. For next season if Bayern have Hummels, Sule, Pavard and Lucas then it would certainly be a very good lineup to have, the question will be whether Hummels would be happy with a reduced role in the team.

Red14Devil9

Bayern have an ageing team, as Robbery is getting too old. They will need to get new creative players to get back into dominating the league. That's why they are trying to sign Hudson-Odoi so badly.

I think that Borussia will now dominated Bundesliga for a couple of years, while Bayern will likely bring in a lot of young players.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica

This doesn't change anything about Lucas, the Pavard deal was already done before the Lucas talk came up. He is still a hot candidate for the summer because Hummels and Boateng could both leave and they need 3 CBs to share the playing time in all competition. The cheap price for Pavard actually makes Lucas even more likely, if he was like 60m/70m, I would say know way Bayern is spending 150m on their central defence.
France seems to have a tradition of doing this. Thuram comes to my mind, but I think Pavard is not as good as going forward as Thuram was. In fact, i think he's a much better player at CB than RB.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He played CB exclusively for Stuttgart this season, but didn't do so great, as I said. So... we'll have to see for ourselves.
Stuttgart is having a poor season. Almost every player is not doing great. Doesn't mean there is not enough talent.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
:lol:. I've many friends who're like this. You ask him the team he supports then he'll list 2 or 3 teams.
For people who really enjoy football as a sport and follow several leagues, makes total sense to support a team for each league. What's the motivation to watch a league as a neutral? Eventually you will stop watching it if you don't pick a side.

Cloud7

For people who really enjoy football as a sport and follow several leagues, makes total sense to support a team for each league. What's the motivation to watch a league as a neutral? Eventually you will stop watching it if you don't pick a side.
Being a fan of whoever Real/Barca are playing on the day has been enjoyable for my entire life of watching La Liga ;)

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Being a fan of whoever Real/Barca are playing on the day has been enjoyable for my entire life of watching La Liga ;)
So you enjoy rooting for the loosing team 90% of the time (except Real Madrid matches this season) just to make a point?

Status
Not open for further replies.