g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Bayern Munich 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zlatattack

Full Translations:
To begin 2019 let's put points over I Let's begin with the jealous and the haters probably born because of a condom with holes : Go f*ck your mother, grandmothers and even your entire family tree. I owe you nothing, my success I owe it to god, to myself and my close friends/family who always believed in me. As for the others you are nothing more than rocks in my shoes
Good on him for saying what's on his mind. I get those people who dislike fooballers for having wealth and showing off about it.

Cloud7

So you enjoy rooting for the loosing team 90% of the time (except Real Madrid matches this season) just to make a point?
No I enjoy watching football, so I enjoy watching the high quality of football in La Liga regardless of who’s playing, I just have a preference for either of the big two losing, but don’t actually care if it doesn’t happen. I still get to watch some good football.

My post was more me being facetious about the poster saying you get bored of a league if you don’t support a team in it, than anything else.

Cloud7

So, you enjoy watching a league where you root for no team?
Yeah. I watch La Liga and Serie A when there’s an interesting match on without really rooting for anyone in particular. Football is an enjoyable sport to watch.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
So, you enjoy watching a league where you root for no team?
I actually think your approach is very sensible, where you pick one team to root for in each league and stick by it. You can also enjoy the football at play and just having some mild preferences for some players / coaches.

I just challenged the notion to have enjoyment by rooting for the losing side most of the time. I mean I don't enjoy watching Juventus play and I don't want them to win most of the time, but I would never watch their matches against some random mid table side I have no connection to, just to end up disappointed that they won yet again. Sounds like a massive waste of time to me.

LoveFootball

For people who really enjoy football as a sport and follow several leagues, makes total sense to support a team for each league. What's the motivation to watch a league as a neutral? Eventually you will stop watching it if you don't pick a side.
I frequently watch PL, La Liga and French League and little of Bundesliga and Italian league and apart from Manchester United I don't support any other team else. I like Barca thought because of Messi but I can't say that I support them as many times I want them to lose so that I can laugh at my friends. I like to watch every team that play good football but can't label that interest as support. Picking a side doesn't mean supporting them. Most of us picked City against Liverpool and want them to do well to prevent Liverpool from winning the title, do you think we've became City fans?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Yeah. I watch La Liga and Serie A when there’s an interesting match on without really rooting for anyone in particular. Football is an enjoyable sport to watch.
But that's only watching the most mediatic matches, not really following the league as you would follow your national league. So, it's kinda natural that you don't support any team.

A lot of people follow other leagues in the same manner they follow their national leagues, and you can only do this if you pick a side. A bit like happens at the WC or Euro

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I actually think your approach is very sensible, where you pick one team to root for in each league and stick by it. You can also enjoy the football at play and just having some mild preferences for some players / coaches.

I just challenged the notion to have enjoyment by rooting for the losing side most of the time. I mean I don't enjoy watching Juventus play and I don't want them to win most of the time, but I would never watch their matches against some random mid table side I have no connection to, just to end up disappointed that they won yet again. Sounds like a massive waste of time to me.
Ehehe. Rooting for the underdogs it's kidna fun, because you can feel their struggle on the pitch.

But you mention one thing I forgot: people like to support their favourite players.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I frequently watch PL, La Liga and French League and little of Bundesliga and Italian league and apart from Manchester United I don't support any other team else. I like Barca thought because of Messi but I can't say that I support them as many times I want them to lose so that I can laugh at my friends. I like to watch every team that play good football but can't label that interest as support. Picking a side doesn't mean supporting them. Most of us picked City against Liverpool and want them to do well to prevent Liverpool from winning the title, do you think we've became City fans?
It's fine by me. In a game where you don't have "sympathy" for any team, you eventually become a 90 mins fan ehehhe

But as I told you, for people who follow several leagues (and when i say follow I say they know the standings, results, and most of the players of almost every team) makes sense to support a team.

If other people enjoy following other leagues results and standings without caring about who wins/loose/gets demoted, is also fine by me.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think that Borussia will now dominated Bundesliga for a couple of years, while Bayern will likely bring in a lot of young players.
I can guarantee you, that Dortmund won’t dominate the league „for a couple of years“.
Bayern is too wealthy to not attract the best players and they will eventually get a coach who is up to their standards again.

Patrick08

I can guarantee you, that Dortmund won’t dominate the league „for a couple of years“.
Bayern is too wealthy to not attract the best players and they will eventually get a coach who is up to their standards again.
Too wealthy? Their attitude in the market is completely the opposite though. You can't get elite players without spending these days now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Too wealthy? Their attitude in the market is completely the opposite though. You can't get elite players without spending these days now.
Do big clubs sign elite players or they sign players who have so much potential and play them? There are obviously few elite players who moved but when you see, most of the signings are when player is about to hit the peak or player who shows lot of promise.

For example, Ramos, Varane, Carvajal, Marcelo, Modric, Benzema were not elite players when Madrid signed them but they were all Elite players during their time at Madrid.

Same in the case of Bayern. Robben, Ribery, Boateng, Neuer, Martinez were not all elite players. They had potential and Bayern signed him.

Don't know when this trend started, that clubs should buy best players all the time.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Compare their wealth to Dortmund and other BuLi clubs. The poster said the he expects Dortmund to dominate for a couple of years. That is just (wishful?) thinking.

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
Compare their wealth to Dortmund and other BuLi clubs. The poster said the he expects Dortmund to dominate for a couple of years. That is just (wishful?) thinking.
He might not be wrong as i'm not expecting our F.O to fire Kovac as they've hyped him up in public on many occasions. The thing is that i don't think Kovac is decent enough to elevate our level, even with new signings... He is pretty stubborn and it really says it all when James is not getting full minutes. He's had some injuries, but there've been rumors that he isn't happy with his playing time and i don't blame him. Things are about to get very bad, when we ship James back to Real Madrid. Also i have doubts over Kovac's ability to develop young players as his Eintracht team was pretty old.
Dortmund on the other hand has very nice squad depth and their scouting seems to be on point. Favre is also doing a decent job and there's definitely something in that team.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
What the feck? Why would you appeal that? The kick was horrible and 2 games ban is very lucky, 3 would be fair as well

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Should be a one game suspension only, it was obviously accidental.

Champions League bans don't work the same way as league bans.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
To sign Arp = :houllier:
€5m salary for Arp = :lol:

I lived in Hamburg many years so i still follow the HSV......of course you can never know what happens and he's 19 but Arp is currently not even good enough for Hamburg (3 goals in 32 games).

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Like Hudson Odoi Arp was also one of the best players at the 2017 UEFA U17 Championships and the 2017 U17 World Cup

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Neuer
Kimmich - Boateng - Süle - Alaba
Goretzka - Thiago
Gnabry - James - Coman
Lewandowski

If Coman is truely good to go than I expect the above team against Liverpool. Boateng is faster than Hummels and I don’t see the point of Martínez playing.

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
Neuer
Kimmich - Boateng - Süle - Alaba
Goretzka - Thiago
Gnabry - James - Coman
Lewandowski

If Coman is truely good to go than I expect the above team against Liverpool. Boateng is faster than Hummels and I don’t see the point of Martínez playing.
I agree that this would probably be the line-up he should chose but with Kovac being Kovac, I actually see
Neuer
Kimmich - Süle - Hummels - Alaba
Martinez - Thiago
Gnabry - Goretzka - Ribery
Lewandowski

Anyway, I would be more than surprised if we stand a chance. Unfortunately, our team is past it and the coaching is mediocre at best.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I hope they've lubed up because Liverpool are going to feck them sideways.
Liverpool‘s defense and midfield are nothing special and won’t scare Bayern. Their attack however...
Liverpool are favorites, but don’t underestimate an experienced team like Bayern.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Liverpool‘s defense and midfield are nothing special and won’t scare Bayern. Their attack however...
Liverpool are favorites, but don’t underestimate an experienced team like Bayern.
Liverpool's defence is the best in the Premier League, the midfield is relatively average but does a job. Van Djik missing for the first league so Bayern might have the chance to get some away goals, but tbh I can see them being overrun.

Bayern might be experienced but they look so, so vulnerable this season. I'd love a Bayern win (not the biggest fan of Liverpool) but I just can't see it. Fully prepared to watch Liverpool romp home.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Liverpool's defence is the best in the Premier League, the midfield is relatively average but does a job. Van Djik missing for the first league so Bayern might have the chance to get some away goals, but tbh I can see them being overrun.

Bayern might be experienced but they look so, so vulnerable this season. I'd love a Bayern win (not the biggest fan of Liverpool) but I just can't see it. Fully prepared to watch Liverpool romp home.
Yeah with Van Dijk and Gomez....Lovren is probably out too.

I expect 4-2 for Liverpool.

Member 115509

Any time I have seen Bayern this season, they look distinctly ill at ease, especially at the back. Last night against Augsburg was typical, they seem to be struggling to defend properly and are very often reliant on Lewandowski to bail them out. Muller also looks nowhere near the player he was a couple of years ago, also Ribery and Robben are both in the twilight of their careers.
Suler looks poor under any sort of pressure, Hummels is a good defender but has no pace and Boateng can be wildly erratic. They almost seem to accept that they will concede and now have to rely on being able to outscore the opposition.
It's a bit surprising that with their problems this seaon they are still only a few points behind Dortmund. The fact that Liverpool and Bayern both have defensive issues for the upcoming game means it could be a high-scoring encounter.
There seems to be more than a few doubts about Kovac, Bayern supporters may well watch the games against Liverpool and think that Klopp would be the man they would want as their manager.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah with Van Dijk and Gomez....Lovren is probably out too.

I expect 4-2 for Liverpool.
True. VVD being out is a big opportunity for Bayern in the first leg, sadly I think at Anfield I don't think Liverpool will rely all too much on their defence.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I hope they've lubed up because Liverpool are going to feck them sideways.
Surprised at the amount of people who think this.

Bayern have been better last two months than the start of the season and Liverpool's level has dropped last few weeks in premier league.

Also no VVD for first leg and even a full strength Liverpool back 4 would struggle with the quality Bayern have in final third.

I can see the first leg being high scoring, maybe 3-2 Bayern and we're then set up for yet another famous comeback second leg at Anfield.

Edit: Seems first leg is at Anfield.

mediocentr0

Supports
Juventus
I have no idea, in what shape liverpool is at the moment. Bayern is for sure better than in oktober/november 2018, but that is not hard to archive.

Kimmich is poor in his positional play and bad at defending as long as i have seem him playing football - big weakpoint. Goretzka and James are also very bad in positional play, that's way Bayerns midfield looks bad so often. Maybe Javi will play on tuesday, but he has never been top notch since his realy bad injury in 2014. Müller is mediocre since 2016, Neuers performance in this season is very poor and overall Kovac thinks tactics are not that important. If Liverpool is somewho as good as i think, they will smash bayern down.

Last edited by a moderator:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Bayern are not that bad.

VVD has yellow cards or?
At Anfield with the pace and intensity Liverpool will bring I expect Bayern to just be totally blown away.

Bayern aren't bad but from the little I've watched them this season, Liverpool are everything they hate to face. Unless Kovac pulls something out the bag tactically I just can't see them handling Liverpool's pace and attacking movement.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
At Anfield with the pace and intensity Liverpool will bring I expect Bayern to just be totally blown away.

Bayern aren't bad but from the little I've watched them this season, Liverpool are everything they hate to face. Unless Kovac pulls something out the bag tactically I just can't see them handling Liverpool's pace and attacking movement.
:lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.