Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sly

Hang Ten
    Scout
    Supports
    Sporting Clube Portugal
    Should’ve given away a penalty against Wolves.

Definitely should’ve save Brighton’s 3rd which killed that game off completely.

Howler tonight for the first.

Some were critical to Arsenals winner but that was deflected even if it was near post.

I can’t remember anything from the Forest and Spurs games.
    Exactly. I saw both Forest and Spurs games and he was alright there.

Banana Republic

Well!
    We were doing pretty OK for 20 minutes.

Blame the keeper for the first, but that shot should never have been allowed.
    We let them play a dozen passes in the build up, up to and around the edge of the box, without any challenges, or attempts to block or pressure their players.

The 2nd was a repeat of the Brighton game.
    A cut back to a player who nobody had picked up, who drifts into space right in front of the goal. CM missing in action yet again.

astracrazy

I just look at these first 20 mins we keep having and think, if only we get a goal during them

avgp_1

Bayern is fecking AWFUL, how we are two goals down, that is fecking miracle, and people thought they will give us 5, 8, 10 goals. They are shambles. :lol:
    They dont need to. They are cruising around at walking pace post that second goal, they know the game is done

RuudTom83

Deja vu

Options are very limited body wise but they need to stop conceding that fecking goal!

Either the CM or the CB need to cover that area…it’s happened too many times now….no excuses!

narnar

Needs Help
    Weirdly I feel we’ve just had our best performance of the season, I would say comfortably the better team yet were 2 nil down. Onana has to swallow that error - can’t be seeing another one of them this season and the second goal was bloody lucky with a pinball bounce for Musiala to lay off the ball.

Reguillon been excellent, Bruno-Case-Eriksen just works much better than any other midfield we have, Pelly done ok and to be honest everyone has played relatively well. Before the howler, Onana was basically running the game like a QB.

Still a lack of genuine goal threat and Rashford seems always a bit sulky but strangely I think we can get back into this. We’re passing through them, flanks are getting a bit of joy and we just need that glimmer of hope.
    What match are you watching

Jeffthered

This was expected. Everybody on here thought we would lose. It is what it is.
    Yep. This. I always hope, and I'm not watching the game. It seems (listening to commentary) that we have had chances, but lack that confidence and clinical edge. It's quality we lack.

Red Royal

Reguilon looks our best player, give him a few weeks to settle in and he will come down to the lethargic performance of the others :rolleyes:

90 + 5min

:lol: You’re joking this can’t be a serious post. U12 midfielders are taught to cover the late run in those scenarios. They were all standing around and watching
    We are shockingly bad when it comes picking up late runners. So many goals we have let in by giving space to their runner. Just look at Brighton game. Our midfielders just stand and watch. Nobody is picking up any player.

mu4c_20le

Yep was
    Was he actually a poor shot stopper before? Didn't see much of him prior to united
    [/QUOTE]
    He made mistakes from time to time and wasn't considered a top tier keeper, just had a really good season with Inter.

Red_Aaron

Remember after the bad start last season how we instantly became more aggressive in defence. Players celebrating blocks and headers as if they'd won the world Cup, high fives and back slaps all over the shop. Where has that ethic gone? We're so unbelievably passive, teams are just strolling through us. We look scared to death

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
    Its becoming a routine: Start brightly, go behind due to a defensive lapse/cock-up. Then ship another goal soon after as the heads go. Nothing really unusual. The second goal was coming though. Eriksen looked gassed after about 20 minutes. No surprise no midfielder was offering cover on the cut back. Mountain to climb.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
    Well, you know, take those 4 minutes out and you'd be happy enough no? The whole 'Bayern are shit and we should be hammering them' narrative is just silly. We're low on confidence and have 150 injuries. 28 minutes of them creating nothing and us offering a mild threat is totally acceptable. Then Onana throws one in his own net and we're really up against it. Shake ourselves, reorganise, score the next goal, take it from there.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    At this level you have to take your chances, something United have struggled with for many seasons. Not taking those chances and then conceding is a killer blow. Happens routinely and then you see the performance just slide
    We can't afford/attract the best strikers. Simple.

Son

This is about as bad a United team as I’ve ever seen. At least on par with Moyes and Rangnick at their lowest.

Bayern haven’t been that high of a level apart from the second goal dribble and assist. Even then our CB’s got bullied by average sized players.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
    Onana, Lindelof and Casemiro are currently out major weaknesses.

Eriksen's legs are one thing, Rashford and Bruno's patheticness are another, but the other three are seeing us ship a ton of goals.

Piratesoup

Supports
    Bayern München
    I thought neither team looked good so far, you just had 2 major lapses that got punished while our's didn't.

Siorac

We did okay until Onana failed to make a routine save. We completely fell apart after that, as is tradition.

sixdwarf

sorry but you're in some sort of dream land if you really think DDG was a top keeper over the past three seasons. error after error after error
    We didn't need to spend fifty odd million for Onana who comes over as a clown and plays like one. De Gea didn't get the golden glove last season for nothing

Crimson King

This is the worst Bayern I remember since Maggath's days but still comfortably schooling us.
    They got a gift which completely changed the make up of the game. The biggest issue was how easily heads dropped after that.

Bayern don't have to take any risks now, the game just got at much easier for them to play.

MonkeysMagic

I have to seriously question whether our players are really playing for the manager. No team can be this incompetent, and make tge same mistakes game after game.

joedirt87

Look at the space Gnabry has on the 2nd goal :lol: . Erik just replace the entire midfield with kids who at least want to give effort. it can't be any worse.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    Bayern haven’t even been that good yet they’ll steamroll us due to the utterly shite mentality the players have

moodyred

The only time we played Sevilla in the Champions League was in 2018.
    Oh dear....been so long i even got the team wrong. It was Bordeaux game in 1999/2000. Remember it was a 2 goal win but we were winning so often then, the team hardly got into 2nd gear.

Dobba

Well "the most creative player in the PL" is yet again anonymous in a big game playing in a position where its very difficult to be anonymous and is being totally shown up by a 20-year old. And oh btw the idea that Bruno is the most creative player in the PL is downright laughable.
    Another one who can't their head around stats. It's a literal fact that he's the most creative player in the Premier League.

I love that people watch United create absolutely feck all outside of him and think the answer is getting rid of Bruno.

marktan

When are Mount and Amrabat back? How is it everyone we signs has a 1 month injury period first

CloneMC16

Yep. This. I always hope, and I'm not watching the game. It seems (listening to commentary) that we have had chances, but lack that confidence and clinical edge. It's quality we lack.
    We started the game well. Kind of similar to Brighton. Didn't take the chance we had and then Onana makes a howler. Game ended there.

James35

He doesn't look happy. It's night and day compared to when he's on our National team.
    He is playing with a well oiled team of talent not this shambles. Some will be happy with it but I can see him wanting out in the summer.

ElDiabloRojo

Was Onana a calamity for Inter? I never once watched them.

He has been shite so far, and he isn't a young kid learning the game. Not all his fault though, this whole team is shot on style or confidence, no energy, belief, ability........down to the manager as always.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.9 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 235 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bayern Munich win
  • Draw