Beating Madrid

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thoughts?

I feel a lot more confident knowing we have van Persie.

Drifter

American
They are beatable .Hopefully Vidic and Rio will be available.

stubie

I fancy our chances against anyone. We should embrace these sort of matches

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Defend like their lives depend. But either way I can see both sides scoring in both games

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
As I've said in the other thread, Madrid have not been special at all this season. They rely heavily on Ronaldo to perform. Their defence is nothing special - as long as we have a reasonably strong side going into the games, I won't be worried at all.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Counter attack vs. Counter attack

Castia

We have a chance lets just hope we don't have any major injuries when we are due to play the game.

I really hope Nani is back in the first team for this, I feel a player like him could make the difference in this type of game.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Here's where we regret not signing a midfielder. I can't properly express how much I want to beat those wankers in Madrid but in all honesty I make Madrid heavy favourites, especially as they can completely focus on this competition.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
As I've said in the other thread, Madrid have not been special at all this season. They rely heavily on Ronaldo to perform. Their defence is nothing special - as long as we have a reasonably strong side going into the games, I won't be worried at all.
:lol:

Won't be worried at all? fecking hell. No wonder some of you are disappointed with the season if you have that attitude!

Going to be an absolutely fantastic set of matches. Can't fecking wait!

binary bot
I reckon we'll approach it the same way we did Barca in '08. A lot of things will change between now and Febuary, hopefully everyone is fit.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
They are beatable but the current defence against Ronaldo does make me a bit nervous.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I fear people like Cleverley and Carrick will be overrun. I have no idea what to expect from Ronnie. Going to be weird.

kps88

Still so far away. So much can change with injuries. Our defence will be a lot more settled and stronger come February. At least I hope so.

Rossa

They are beatable but the current defence against Ronaldo does make me a bit nervous.
Yeah, but Rafael vs Ronaldo is set up to be a cracker; Rafael has the pace to make life difficult for Ronaldo, as well as he is good going forwards which might expose RM defensively if Valencia and Rafael double team their fullback. Unfortunately, Marcelo might be back by then, and he's fairly decent.

Siorac

:lol:

Won't be worried at all? fecking hell. No wonder some of you are disappointed with the season if you have that attitude!

Going to be an absolutely fantastic set of matches. Can't fecking wait!
For once, I fully agree. Can't see these turning out to be two bore draws. But I'd hate to go out of the CL so fecking early...

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I literally just got goosebumps thinking of these two games.

feck formations and tactics, on the day this will be decided by so much beyond our control. Maybe Ronaldo will be spurned on by "coming home", maybe RVP belts in a screamer from 25 yards. Maybe Carrick and Cleverly are overran. Maybe Anderson's back fully fit and destroys Alonso.

StuCol

Chimp
Still so far away. So much can change with injuries. Our defence will be a lot more settled and stronger come February. At least I hope so.
Agreed. If we can have Vidic at 100% by then I definitely fancy our chances. Real are beatable. I don't get the negativity to the draw. I think it's a great draw!

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
They have struggled against English teams recently as well.

fecking hell - how can you be negative about this. Biggest comment doing the rounds at the moment "Thats us fecked then.."

fecking defeatist cnuts. BRING IT. We can do them.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
For once, I fully agree. Can't see these turning out to be two bore draws. But I'd hate to go out of the CL so fecking early...
For once you agree? I've made about 6,000 posts and you only agree with one thing?

Let's go for number #2 right away, hit a slam dunk.

I think that Alex Ferguson is a good football manager.

Count Orduck

Viva Ronaldoooooooo!

I hope we give that a loud and clear rendition when we're 5-0 up, let him know he should never have left.

I'm buzzing for this tie. Even though it's so much harder than plenty of other teams we could have got, it's matches like this that the European Cup is all about.

Count Orduck

Away second leg.
no chance!
We're at home in the second leg because we won our group, whereas Madrid came second in their's. In the first knockout round that's always the way.

For the quarters they do a second draw, and that's the one where you can end up being home or away second.

Anduin

Play Rafa, Vidic, Ferdinand and Evra at the back. Carrick, Clev and Anderson in midfield. RVP upfront with Rooney & Kagawa interchanging and hit them on the break. Nullify the supply Ronnie gets from Özil and we will have a very good chance. Come the feck on United and do the fecking cnuts.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
I literally just got goosebumps thinking of these two games.

feck formations and tactics, on the day this will be decided by so much beyond our control. Maybe Ronaldo will be spurned on by "coming home", maybe RVP belts in a screamer from 25 yards. Maybe Carrick and Cleverly are overran. Maybe Anderson's back fully fit and destroys Alonso.
Maybe? Alonso and Khedira versus Carrick and Cleverley.

Ash_G

Well at least we know ronaldos strengths and weaknesses as best we could, obviously he's well know to everyone but I'm sure there's little things to his game you wouldn't really know without training with him frequently.

I really think if we get our tactics and team right we could get through. By February we could have vidic back on form which would be a massive boost. We've got the fire power to score. Going to be a great tie. Only worry is that if real have given up on the league they'll pore everything they can into the Cl.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Going to be a tight tie. Second leg at Old Trafford could be key (although it certainly did not help United in the past...).