Bebe | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu77

If he's a striker does he have more potential than William Keane and King?
or kiko or welbeck or rooney or cheech none over 26. so to be real he's got 6 in front of him all too young and beter to move before he gets a shot. and forget that support the player in the shirt crap - he's not f'n good enough and still got a spot ahead of younger players that may have a future. club v player.

Zen

If a players bad, it don't matter what shirt he wears, I'm gonna hold the same view point be it Man Utd or Liverpool, and you know if this kid was at Liverpool, you'd be all over him.

The personality part is a different thing, since you know Carragher is a wanker to me, Neville is a wanker to them, but they still both define their roles and are legends of the modern English game at least.

mu77

Ay, how dare a mere supporter judge a football player according to what they've seen over several games of football eh? Only club staff can truely judge a player...
he must be mustard in training.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Reminds me about the signing of Bellion.

Trying to turn an athlete into a footballer. Won't work.

RK

Club before player mate.
Of course. I'm not supporting Bebe over Manchester United. You might think supporting/playing him at all is detrimental to the team but I'd rather trust the coaching staff.

Confidence is a massive thing to a footballer. It can make you look clumsy and every touch can be a nightmare. You could tell he got his head down last night.

Please give him time.

RK

Ay, how dare a mere supporter judge a football player according to what they've seen over several games of football eh? Only club staff can truely judge a player...
You probably said something similar about Fletcher...

My main issue wasn't with your judgement anyway.

mu77

I don't "think he'll make it". I'm reserving judgement.

His physique and pace give him an advantage over Tosic. At the moment, that's the only advantage I've seen.
those may give him an advantage if he uses them. but once he's on the ball it really doesn't matter. he didn't do much v a conf side. nothing of note.

Ole'sbodyguard

What's the point of a forum?
I think you misunderstand my point, Sultan.

A point of a forum is for discussion and debate obviously and opinions.

But I think when you get to certain issues such as potential of young players like Keane or King, some of whom have not even played for the first team yet, you have to sometimes acknowledge the limitations of your knowledge. I honestly do not really think I can offer an opinion on the question Mainoldo asked. Just being honest. It's my take on the matter, I'm not asking anyone else to take the same stance.

I'd never put the same type of fetter on anyone part of our squad such as first team players, or any other type of matter to do with United, because I think I have seen enough of these players to be able to discuss it fully.

If anyone else wants to get into that debate then it's upto them but if someone asks me such a question that will be my response.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Of course. I'm not supporting Bebe over Manchester United. You might think supporting/playing him at all is detrimental to the team but I'd rather trust the coaching staff.

Confidence is a massive thing to a footballer. It can make you look clumsy and every touch can be a nightmare. You could tell he got his head down last night.

Please give him time.
You do realise this is an entertainment and a results industry. Time is not a luxury this industry affords. People and the media paid millions to watch that game yesterday.

B Cantona

Desperate
You probably said something similar about Fletcher...

My main issue wasn't with your judgement anyway.
I probably did, we all get it wrong sometimes. Doesn't mean we don't have the right to voice an opinion on a forum again though does it?

Even with Fletcher, he got 100+ games his performances didn't entirely deserve, but even in questioning him, I had no doubt he was a player more than capable of making it at other top level clubs. Do you share that confidence about Bebe? I'm not so sure

Sultan

I think you misunderstand my point, Sultan.

A point of a forum is for discussion and debate obviously and opinions.

But I think when you get to certain issues such as potential of young players like Keane or King, some of whom have not even played for the first team yet, you have to sometimes acknowledge the limitations of your knowledge. I honestly do not really think I can offer an opinion on the question Mainoldo asked. Just being honest. It's my take on the matter, I'm not asking anyone else to take the same stance.

I'd never put the same type of fetter on anyone part of our squad such as first team players, or any other type of matter to do with United, because I think I have seen enough of these players to be able to discuss it fully.

If anyone else wants to get into that debate then it's upto them but if someone asks me such a question that will be my response.
My bad Ole. Apologies.

I quoted you wrongly. I deleted the post immediately.

That post was directed at RK.

Enigma_87

You know who
Well, exactly. That's kind of my point.

The fact remains that - despite him being a much more developed player than Bebe - Cleverley won't be coming back to United from a spell out on loan until he's 22. Which supports the possibility that Bebe might go out on loan from the age of 22-23.

The loan thing is all a bit moot anyway. His game needs a whole lot of work before he's good enough to get loaned out anywhere.
Well you have a point there, but at the time Bebe comes back from loan at 23, we already would have Cleverly, Welbeck and co that would have developed better, have more experience and potentially already squad players for us. Besides, loaning him to another club is a gamble as well, even Rossi couldn't fit into a Newcastle team(mainly because manager issues), what is left for Bebe who if we browse through his first 6 months can't fit into a Crawley team of yesterday..

When we signed him, I expected that his raw abilities are in the mould of Brazilian player taken off the street - that has the quality and lacks consistency and experience. However he is a bigger gamble that that cause he lacks proper football abilities that are learned while 10-12 years old..

Although it's too early can't see him making it to be honest. Same can be said about Diouf.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You do realise this is an entertainment and a results industry. Time is not a luxury this industry affords. People and the media paid millions to watch that game yesterday.
Oh come on, Sultan, not like you to be so melodramatic. A young player has a poor game and suddenly we're worried about the money the media paid to watch it?

Sultan

.I don't understand why know-nothing fans (I include myself in this, nobody here is in touch with the team like the staff) think they have to be so pragmatic about selection issues.
What's the point of having a forum?

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
he needs games, lots of them. Obertan is gone in the summer, but Bebe gets another year. I really think a loan deal is needed for him though. He's played so little football, and the odd reserve game is not enough.
He has potential, and I don't think he's gutless like Obertan is. But he needs more experience.

B Cantona

Desperate
To share opinions?

I think RK's beef is with people who state their opinions as facts. Bebe will not make it. Full stop.
That's a bullshit cop out. His biggest exchange has been with me, and I've made it quite clear its my opinion, and that I'll happily eat humble pie if I'm wrong

If he had a problem with folk stating opinion as fact you'd be top of his hit list!

Enigma_87

You know who
No, it doesn't. Why the need to make a definitive statement on his future?
Did you believe that Dong, Prunier or the likes would make it at United, although played couple of games?

The lad is clearly the remake of that Goal movie, without the happy ending..

Sultan

Oh come on, Sultan, not like you to be so melodramatic. A young player has a poor game and suddenly we're worried about the money the media paid to watch it?
It was in reply to a more melodramatic post from RK.

Having bad days in sport is nothing new. I can take rubbish performances. I have grown up with kids being given a chance at United. However, this kid is no where near first team football at present.

RK

It's only football. People and the media can pay what they like, more fool them if their expectations aren't met. Besides the media don't actually care, it's all for the general consumption. And in general, people responsive to the media aren't the most reasonable folk. I'm not sure what my point here is, maybe because I'm struggling to see yours.

I probably did, we all get it wrong sometimes. Doesn't mean we don't have the right to voice an opinion on a forum again though does it?

Even with Fletcher, he got 100+ games his performances didn't entirely deserve, but even in questioning him, I had no doubt he was a player more than capable of making it at other top level clubs. Do you share that confidence about Bebe? I'm not so sure
In my opinion it's far too early to reasonably judge Bebe. I know you disagree but I'm not going to laugh at you for doing so.

Tonjo

Bebe is the most hopeless player I have seen wearing a United shirt (since 1969).
He doesn't have good ball control, does not know how to dribble, terrible with his crosses
and most importantly has no guts. I think all of you would have seen him getting away from challenges many times in yesterday's game (some of them not even 50-50).
Why did United bought him? Probably due to a scam or out of pity by the one who recommended him. The 7 million pounds could have been spent on Van D. Vart, though not young but can still make a difference in the team. Due to lack of wingers available, playing Ravel Morrison may be have given United more bite and excitement for the fans.

Sultan

To share opinions?

I think RK's beef is with people who state their opinions as facts. Bebe will not make it. Full stop.
Well, I'd count that as an opinion based on what people have seen so far from Bebe.

Do you think he will make at United?

Lance Uppercut

Now, bookmark that post. Put a set timer on your computer for 5 years time, and then make sure you say sorry to me, thank you in advance.
Hold your breath on that one. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.