Ben Brereton Díaz

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good luck to him, there's some very average strikers who have good careers in La Liga, I hope he's one of them!

TheReligion

Abusive
He's wishing a player who is moving to PL good luck in La Liga. That's a dig at Forlan? Caf is a remarkable place at times.
He’s misunderstood the move and read it as the other way around. The poster likely has no idea who BBD is and certainly doesn’t realise he’s never played in the PL.

The main point he was making was he believes that average PL strikers look better in the La Liga. I took that very personally as a dig at a friend of mine, Diego Forlan.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Another one from United academy isn’t he
He was at our academy before going to Blackburn. At the time we couldn’t believe they paid £7m, especially as he did nothing for a good few years. It seems a strange buy for Sheffield Utd as I only remember him having one good season in the Champ for Blackburn.

TheReligion

Abusive
He was at our academy before going to Blackburn. At the time we couldn’t believe they paid £7m, especially as he did nothing for a good few years. It seems a strange buy for Sheffield Utd as I only remember him having one good season in the Champ for Blackburn.
He was at United initially. 06-13 according to wiki.

I think he’s done well at international level hasn’t he? Not sure he’s a pure goalscorer though as you say. That season could have been an anomaly

CallyRed

Career changed when added Diaz to his name, good luck to him.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
0 in 12 at Villarreal. If I recall correctly he had one good season in the Championship which got him an international call up and then stagnated since. He’s a bit of a cult hero in Chile though

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Get your Ben Brereton Diaz name by combining a Michael Jackson song title, a village in Staffordshire and a current Liverpool player.

I'm Billie Jean Penkridge Nunez.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
He was at United initially. 06-13 according to wiki.

I think he’s done well at international level hasn’t he? Not sure he’s a pure goalscorer though as you say. That season could have been an anomaly
You may well be right - he was just starting to get occasional games in our first team without really achieving anything. He got his move on the back of one outstanding game against Arsenal in the FA Cup we won and he dominated their aged defence. Off he went to Blackburn. If I remember correctly he had a bit of an ego/attitude problem at the time.

marktan

He was good for Chile and looked technically very sound for Blackburn, not sure why it's gone wrong at Villareal. Be interesting to see how he gets on under Wilder

GazTheLegend

Secretly hoped we might sneak him on loan to be quite honest, because lets be real here we aren't exactly loaded with strikers at the minute. Think he'll do alright at Sheff Utd but obviously I've not seen a lot of him bar the goals for Chile and some of his excellent work for Blackburn the second season around.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Will fit into Sheffield Uniteds portfolio of workhorse strikers who are not prolific quite well.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Good luck to him, there's some very average strikers who have good careers in La Liga, I hope he's one of them!
Mate, it is the other way arround. He was terrible for Villarreal, that's why they loaned him to Sheffield Utd

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
What a trainwreck of a thread, can you guys figure out who the player is and where he moved to and for how long before commenting :lol:

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that Villareal have been very poor this season abd already had two managerial changes. Hardly a good environment for someone making a move to La Liga.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A dig at Diego Forlan
:lol:

I just can't read! Maybe I had a glass of wine your honour.

I was more thinking of the lad at Real they signed who is a bit of a nobody but banged in loads of goals last year. Or Moreno. Or the lad at Getafe that is outscoring Greenwood by miles. Or Iago Aspas. Or even Aduriz who was bang average and then became world class for a couple of years. Or Morata. Or so many players over the years in that technical ish target man ish ilk generally. Sadly didn't work at all for bloody Martial :lol:

marktan

He scored quite a few classy goals for Blackburn so surprised it didn't work at Villareal

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Should have called himself Brereton Muller and gone to the Bundesliga. Would have 15 league goals by now.