Ben Shapiro

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Using the term SJW is the end of any civil discussion. It's like going to a Church saying, okay you evangelical nutters, let's have a constructive debate about religion and then being surprised no one is willing to engage you. It's a pejorative term with a very clear condescending connotation. Not once, in the brief history of the term has it ever been used in a positive way. Of course, everyone is allowed to use it. Being a cnut isn't illegal.
Also a term that has its origins in a movement famous for the astonishing amount of rape and death threats at women it produced.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Unfortunately I am in work, so unable to watch the video at the moment.

I don't really understand your first sentence.

Your second, on Extreme SJW's is no doubt fair in some instances. Though I don't think they are a big enough problem to warrant too much thought in the grand scheme of things currently.
I didnt say they are a problem. I said some conservative groups like shapiro misuse these outliers to paint the rest of us like that and give a message of why we "need to ban transgenders " or whatever opinion he has

Shinjch

I didnt say they are a problem. I said some conservative groups like shapiro misuse these outliers to paint the rest of us like that and give a message of why we "need to ban transgenders " or whatever opinion he has
Ah right, if we are in agreement then I suppose there is no need to carry on.

Tarrou

I started with the term "extreme sjws". Its your average person who has learned to construct a few sentences and doesnt putting a "liberal vs conservative " spin on literally everything.

Extreme SJW"s are less concerned about the issue but more about playing their role as a warrior.

How would you label this woman? And my original point was these are the type of women Shapiro goes after and then paints the whole population with such views. Of course leave it to some to start bashing my word choice. Cant say extreme SJW anymroe
This is more or less the definition of the term 'SJW' on its own, because nowadays it is only used pejoratively.

shamans

Using the term SJW is the end of any civil discussion. It's like going to a Church saying, okay you evangelical nutters, let's have a constructive debate about religion and then being surprised no one is willing to engage you. It's a pejorative term with a very clear condescending connotation. Not once, in the brief history of the term has it ever been used in a positive way. Of course, everyone is allowed to use it. Being a cnut isn't illegal.

Also SJW is an acronym and Social Justice Warriors are three words.

Yes, I do get off on semantics.

The caf is an echo chamber though. I love it.
I don't use it with regards to anyone I wanna have a discussion with. I only used it for people that Ben Shapiro targets to gain followers.

Besides, same can apply to anything. Being condescending to anyone with any opinion is the end of a constructive debate.

InfiniteBoredom

Right, all she did was not "entertain it" :houllier:
What else? I don’t see her giving him a kick in the nuts, which all things considered justified.

Imagine your own response if a random guy randomly made a dick joke to your girlfriend/sister/mother. I’m sure you’d appreciate it.

InfiniteBoredom

He was a fat guy making a joke about how big he was. Even if it was a dick joke, that's not sexual harassment.
1. It’s definitely a dick joke.
2. Men and women have different views on what constitutes sexual harassment. Given that the latter are most often on the receiving end of it, I’d take their side.

DOTA

Ah, very logical.
As was just pointed out by someone else, it's not realistic to expect us to believe you are being honest with us if you're going to claim that wasn't about his penis.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Hugh Mungus is just a routine childish fake name. We would use it as kids to impress our friends if an authority figure asked for our name. Hearing a grown man use it makes him seem like a douche-bag but it's a huge fecking leap to go from that to accusations of sexual harrasment. If she gets so easily triggered by that sort of thing, why put herself in harms way by harrassing random men on camera?

shamans

As was just pointed out by someone else, it's not realistic to expect us to believe you are being honest with us if you're going to claim that wasn't about his penis.
It could have been either way. So you're going to go by what he implies and not what he said? Anyway, I don't care. That's not the point. Assume it was about his Penis because it doesn't change the matter for me.

That was NOT sexual harassment and I'm not even gonna bother your spin on "taking the woman's side" in this issue. Beyond ridiculous. In fact, you're proving my point I made pages ago. Shapiro feeds of these dumb opinions. Seeing people defend that woman's behavior is batshit crazy at this point.

The guy said hugh mungos. That's it. She accused him of sexually harassing him in a crowded NYC audience. If you opened your eyes a little you would see just how dangerous that is. If mob mentality had took over that dude could have been in trouble.

Also, that woman was making all sorts of remarks about him before the video.

shamans

Hugh Mungus is just a routine childish fake name. We would use it as kids to impress our friends if an authority figure asked for our name. Hearing a grown man use it makes him seem like a douche-bag but it's a huge fecking leap to go from that to accusations of sexual harrasment. If she gets so easily triggered by that sort of thing, why put herself in harms way by harrassing random men on camera?
It may be childish to you but I still laughed.

DOTA

It could have been either way. So you're going to go by what he implies and not what he said? Anyway, I don't care. That's not the point. Assume it was about his Penis because it doesn't change the matter for me.

That was NOT sexual harassment and I'm not even gonna bother your spin on "taking the woman's side" in this issue. Beyond ridiculous. In fact, you're proving my point I made pages ago. Shapiro feeds of these dumb opinions. Seeing people defend that woman's behavior is batshit crazy at this point.

The guy said hugh mungos. That's it. She accused him of sexually harassing him in a crowded NYC audience. If you opened your eyes a little you would see just how dangerous that is. If mob mentality had took over that dude could have been in trouble.

Also, that woman was making all sorts of remarks about him before the video.
That wasn't me but was a decent point.

DOTA

He's using that name to refer to his penis because he wants to use a sexual joke to wind up a woman. It's sexual harassment.

DOTA

She certainly seems to think so. Not sure I agree.
Oh, god, you're not doing the 'it could be a joke about his weight' thing as well?

Why do kids make that joke? Cause it's about penises and kids find that funny.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I thought Hugh Mungus was a fat joke. The woman kind of seems like she's after controversy honestly.

I don't understand people who harass someone on camera and proceed to be offended when they get an angry / annoyed / negative response anyway. We have a TV channel with a show where a gratingly annoying prick hounds politicians with extremely annoying questions and then gets extremely offended if they yell at him or tell him to feck off.

I don't know anything about the context of the video though. I'll jus be safe and reckon they're both cnuts.

shamans

Oh, god, you're not doing the 'it could be a joke about his weight' thing as well?

So all of us who think it might be a fat joke are just lying? Not being honest with ourselves? Could it be we genuinely think this or no?

DOTA

So all of us who think it might be a fat joke are just lying? Not being honest with ourselves? Could it be we genuinely think this or no?
The more of you there are, the more I'm starting to despair that you do think it, yeah.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.

Honestly, never even occurred to me that it was about penises. Just a silly fake name.

Anyhoo, the general point here is that yer wan seems to be massively over-reacting to - at worst - a very mildly off-colour response from someone who was feeling harassed and under pressure.

I don't agree with @shamans on many things but the sort of hysterical over-reaction you see in that video - combined with the knee-jerk reaction to defend her from people who share her progressive politics - is absolutely increasing the influence of horrible toads like Ben Shapiro.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I thought Hugh Mungus was a fat joke. The woman kind of seems like she's after controversy honestly.

I don't understand people who harass someone on camera and proceed to be offended when they get an angry / annoyed / negative response anyway. We have a TV channel with a show where a gratingly annoying prick hounds politicians with extremely annoying questions and then gets extremely offended if they yell at him or tell him to feck off.

I don't know anything about the context of the video though. I'll jus be safe and reckon they're both cnuts.
Surely the only reasonable response anyone can have to watching that clip, right?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I agree with @KirkDuyt and @Pogue Mahone

When I grew up in the 1980s Hugh Mungus was absolutely a fat joke and that lady on the camera overreacted and was way out of line.

This is where I first heard the name (and many of my 80s generation) and it didn't have anything to do with "dick jokes"