Benayoun: are Liverpool about to lose another one of their better players?

wr8_utd

:'(
So Chelsea lose a better player in Cole on a free and then pay 6mn for a lesser player, older too who probably won't play too many games? Smart move from chelsea that.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So Chelsea lose a better player in Cole on a free and then pay 6mn for a lesser player, older too who probably won't play too many games? Smart move from chelsea that.
If Cole wants 50k a week more, as well as say a 1 million more signin on fee, it probably wouldn't be that stupid of a move. Especially if COle won't accept being a bench player.

Donut

Benayoun is a fantastic player. A lesser version of Messi. I'd have him at United gladly.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Any player who is under 5'10 and slight is immediately gonna be compared to Messi.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
FWIW I think Benayoun is a good player. He is their only creative midfielder but RAFA clearly doesn't fancy him because well he hates creative players. Decent squad player for Chelsea but it probably means Cole is out for sure.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
This has to be bollox, Yossi Benayoun? :lol: Hed be lucky to make Chelseas bench.
Benayoun is a very good player, fast, great technical skill and is very creative.

He is 30 already so that's a downside but I'm sure he could be a solid squad player in any top team and for Chelsea in particular, a good replacement for someone like Deco.

Not saying any of this is true but I wouldn't mind picking up Benayoun on a modest fee.

OneUnited24

I reckon Benayoun would be pretty good for Chelsea played on either wing or behind Drogba. Hes a talented little player who has probably been Liverpools best player for the last 2 seasons

HsJ

:lol:

just skim read the thread - Messi = Benayoun?

This forum never ceases to amaze/baffle me.

I'm always right

I disagree. They dole out the abuse to everyone. The scousers probably get it in the neck more than any other club.
Bang on!

I like 365, it's not the watered down bullshit you get from many other sites. They happily dish it out to anyone who they believe deserves it, Liverpool and Arsenal have received the most abuse from them this year!

Drifter

American
dippers have slapped a 10 mil price tag on him according to reports

MUFCgal

I think it's crazy for Liverpool to let him go, he was one of their best players last season. He's very creative and got some important goals.

Oh well, here's hoping the rest of their good players follow him out the door.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Right now, only papers in Israel (correct me if I'm wrong) are writing about this shocker.

Benayoun was solid in some or should I say, in many matches...

Nistelrooy10

Tin Foil Hatter
Benayoun is a fantastic player. A lesser version of Messi. I'd have him at United gladly.
I'd say his more like Giggs. Capable of performing penetrating passes, cleaver runs, and dribbling past players and by doing so turning games on their heads.

Precaution

Isnt actually all that bad a player obviously he's no Joe Cole and the thinking behind letting him go and replace him with an older lesser ability wise player is abit daft.

However one of the only creative players for Liverpool capable of changing a game what with Kuyt a poor man's Teveth/Golden Retriever playing in the same side as him.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon Benayoun would be pretty good for Chelsea played on either wing or behind Drogba. Hes a talented little player who has probably been Liverpools best player for the last 2 seasons
Not really.

He's been very good though. The form and consistency he showed in the spring season of 09 was absolutely top class. Good dribbler, creative and scores goals. This on the wing despite being very much better in the middle.

That said, injuries and a general inconsistency has kept him from really hitting that level more regularly. Still a good squad player though.

unitedgogi

I can't understand how most of the football fans underestimate him. He certainly has been better than Joe Cole in the last two seasons. If not for him, Liverpool would have been behind Birmingham this year. He was their only creative spark in several matches.