Benitez to Chelsea Discussion & Sack watch

alastair

ignorant
I don't think many people care about the actual hand shaking process, but if Benitez wants to shake his hand, why does Fergie refuse? Just get a life and do it, even if it's like the Wenger-Pulis one earlier this season.

I've said before on this forum that you should be willing to shake hands with anyone. I'd shake hands with Mugabe. It doesn't mean I accept his policies. You're touching their hand, it's hardly a big deal.

NM

I don't think many people care about the actual hand shaking process, but if Benitez wants to shake his hand, why does Fergie refuse? Just get a life and do it, even if it's like the Wenger-Pulis one earlier this season.

I've said before on this forum that you should be willing to shake hands with anyone. I'd shake hands with Mugabe. It doesn't mean I accept his policies. You're touching their hand, it's hardly a big deal.
if it isn't a big deal, then why is it an issue if he doesn't?

I think its ridiculous. the media blows everything out of proportion. Like they did with Suarez - Evra and every other handshake,

Suedesi

Didn't they shake hands after the rant? Pretty sure they did, otherwise it would have been highlighted.

What's the big deal, just shake his hand and move on

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought you only shake hands with manager. Not an interim one.

redevil2

Shaking hands is a gesture representing a statement. Why SAF wants to put on a gesture like that? There is no reason.

redevil2

:lol:

I think they should have shook hands, instead of acting like little brats.
You people get it all wrong there! Who is complaining? The fat waiter who wanted to put on a show. Why is he complaining and acting like a crying baby? That, is the real question!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What did Rafa expect? Even his own team fans wouldn't shake his hands.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
You people get it all wrong there! Who is complaining? The fat waiter who wanted to put on a show. Why is he complaining and acting like a crying baby? That, is the real question!
Fergie is being just as big a baby if he did not offer to shake the hand.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fergie can be petulant. He should be the bigger man and offer to shake his hand and then nobody cares.

It's hardly a big story but still, shake his hand and there is no story at all.

The end.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Did Rafa ever apologize for his 'rant'? did he ever also apologize to Chelsea fans for his remark? Nope. Well, you'd expect more from a self-proclaimed classy and educated man. What's that slogan again? "... ashamed of nothing."

redevil2

Fergie can be petulant. He should be the bigger man and offer to shake his hand and then nobody cares.

It's hardly a big story but still, shake his hand and there is no story at all.

The end.
On the contrary!! SAF is a bigger man than you think! By not caring about the whole thing, he should be respected and not being belittled.

There would be no story if Rafa didn't make it an issue about waiting to shake his hand and acting all crying. Who's a smaller man here? It's really hard to imagine any big man would care about not being shaken hand of and cry to the press!

Small man! This applies to anyone who pities him and considers Fergie is in the wrong

redevil2

Did Rafa ever apologize for his 'rant'? did he ever also apologize to Chelsea fans for his remark? Nope. Well, you'd expect more from a self-proclaimed classy and educated man. What's that slogan again? "... ashamed of nothing."
My thoughts exactly. If he had tried to apologise but Fergie refused to hear it, then, he has a right to complain. By saying "alot of people were watching, I am waiting, and waiting....", where's is the sincererity and the cause for complaint? Drama queen

Waltraute

She-Devil
“Yes. I was waiting. I was waiting for him. I was waiting at the beginning.

“Ask him. I was waiting,there was nothing wrong.
“You have to ask him [why he didn’t shake hands]. Ask him. You are brave enough, ask him.

“I was waiting, I have some education. I was waiting, I have education because I know a lot of people are watching, so I know what you have to do.”
I refuse to believe this isn't scripted by Mockney. :lol:
The 'waiting' joke!

Moonwalker

Red evil 2, I know this is probably not the impression you wanted people to take from your staunch defense of the great man there, but I think you're suffering from a nasty scouseritis.

Moonwalker

If I had any photoshop skills I'd be working on "Rafa Benitez - Waiting for Godot" right now. There ought to be a silver screen rendition.

redevil2

Red evil 2, I know this is probably not the impression you wanted people to take from your staunch defense of the great man there, but I think you're suffering from a nasty scouseritis.
Very rude for you to say such a thing!

I am not defending him. I dare anyone on here who were in Fergie's position would want to shake Rafa hand after what had happened!

Fergie is within his right to not do what he didnt want to do in the situation and still stand tall methinks!

Moonwalker

Very rude for you to say such a thing!

I am not defending him. I dare anyone on here who were in Fergie's position would want to shake Rafa hand after what had happened!

Fergie is within his right to not do what he didnt want to do in the situation and still stand tall methinks!
But he did shake his hand after that. If he wanted to make point, he should have snubbed him in the immediate aftermath, instead of now.

I don't mean to be rude, but some of us are just surprised with it, because the last time Fergie did something like that was Mexico 86, and he's had many a row since then.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
'I have education, I have experience, I have waited for many years. I waited at Valenthia, at Liverpool, at Inter, and now at Chelsea. Always waiting. You ask heem, you are brave enough, I am not. You ask heem why I am left waiting, he knows, he controls eet all. I am told to take the blue pill, he tells me go, I wait at Chelsea, the fans, they don't like me. You think this is coincidence? You think this is real? I am telling you what I think, this is like the films. I will say no more. You know what I am saying. He is the architect, you go and see heem, you are brave enough, you are the one. I am not, I am just waiting. I am the waiter.'

RedDannio

'I have education, I have experience, I have waited for many years. I waited at Valenthia, at Liverpool, at Inter, and now at Chelsea. Always waiting. You ask heem, you are brave enough, I am not. You ask heem why I am left waiting, he knows, he controls eet all. I am told to take the blue pill, he tells me go, I wait at Chelsea, the fans, they don't like me. You think this is coincidence? You think this is real? I am telling you what I think, this is like the films. I will say no more. You know what I am saying. He is the architect, you go and see heem, you are brave enough, you are the one. I am not, I am just waiting. I am the waiter.'
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
:lol:

redevil2

Haha.... I've read it twice so I can laugh more. :lol:

Waltraute

She-Devil
Pure brilliance.