Benitez to Chelsea Discussion & Sack watch

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
'I have education, I have experience, I have waited for many years. I waited at Valenthia, at Liverpool, at Inter, and now at Chelsea. Always waiting. You ask heem, you are brave enough, I am not. You ask heem why I am left waiting, he knows, he controls eet all. I am told to take the blue pill, he tells me go, I wait at Chelsea, the fans, they don't like me. You think this is coincidence? You think this is real? I am telling you what I think, this is like the films. I will say no more. You know what I am saying. He is the architect, you go and see heem, you are brave enough, you are the one. I am not, I am just waiting. I am the waiter.'
:lol: fecking hell

Gazza

Wenger and Fergie are right. They have the right to ignore a handshake from someone they have no respect for. It's not for anyone else to tell two people how they should interact with each other, the way Alistair's doing.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Fergie is 71, long past the age of being the bigger man. The fact that he is still manager of this club still astounds me.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
all this handshake business shows is these managers are human. who really cares? btw did rafa apologise to Fergie for his silly rant? I doubt it..or else Fergie will definitely have put it behind him.

but the game for me was a an insight into rafa the coach. he is not useless...just erratic.

some of his substitutions are baffling but like against us...brilliant. But he cannot manage a big club. He probably will do well where there is no huge pressure.

whatever..I feel sorry for the waiter.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If Fergie said he wanted Chelsea's job tomorrow, Abramovich would ditch Benitez in no time without even let him take off his apron. I doubt Benitez could do that to United. I even doubt United would let go Phelan for Benitez.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Mikel seems to have come out with some support for Rafa and asked the supporters to stop booing.

Fully agree with it. They are stuck with Rafa untill the end of the season, they should just get on with it and support the team, because the end result will be the same anyway, Rafa is interim and will leave regardless of how it goes the last 10 games.

Revan

Assumptionman
'I have education, I have experience, I have waited for many years. I waited at Valenthia, at Liverpool, at Inter, and now at Chelsea. Always waiting. You ask heem, you are brave enough, I am not. You ask heem why I am left waiting, he knows, he controls eet all. I am told to take the blue pill, he tells me go, I wait at Chelsea, the fans, they don't like me. You think this is coincidence? You think this is real? I am telling you what I think, this is like the films. I will say no more. You know what I am saying. He is the architect, you go and see heem, you are brave enough, you are the one. I am not, I am just waiting. I am the waiter.'
This is brilliant.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mikel seems to have come out with some support for Rafa and asked the supporters to stop booing.

Fully agree with it. They are stuck with Rafa untill the end of the season, they should just get on with it and support the team, because the end result will be the same anyway, Rafa is interim and will leave regardless of how it goes the last 10 games.
I think Sundays result will quieten a few of them. They'll still hate him obviously, but the abuse might die down a bit.

Well, until their next bad result anyway.

coolredwine

lameredboots
:lol: :lol:

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I had no idea that a pre match handshake is a mandatory for managers. I never knew they shook hands before. I think what Benitez is trying to say is, he waited in the tunnels to have a word with Fergie, but Fergie didn't wait to listen to him. I don't think Fergie is under any obligation to talk to the manager prior to the game, is he?

Even the hand shake at the end of the game is a ritual, but Rafa Benitez made sure he didn't want to shake Fergie's hands, basically because he shunned him at the start of the match. I'd probably to wait to hear Fergie's word on it to clear things up before starting to think Fergie acted like a child.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Ha! I didn't even connect all that 'waiting' he did with his mock profession. That interview will never stop giving now.

The banners, think of the "I was waiting" banners that could be made for the replay!

SirFergie

:lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
feck him!
He is getting well paid for his "misery" and he will waltz off in May to antoher shit club with his bank balance further enhanced.

No sympathy for him

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I don't believe a word the fat twat says.

Isn't the normal thing to do to shake hands after a game?

And if it is before a game, isn't it on the sideline or in the dugout, not the tunnel?

You always see Fergie shaking hands and joking with a manager prior to a game on the touchline. I find it hard to believe that in each of those occasions, he'd already shook their hand in the tunnel as part of some other handshake ritual. It would just be unnecessary and awkward to do it again.

Wouldn't be surprised if Fergie just dismisses this as yet more deluded ramblings from a semi-autistic moron. Probably not in those words though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fergie can be petulant. He should be the bigger man and offer to shake his hand and then nobody cares.

It's hardly a big story but still, shake his hand and there is no story at all.

The end.
Why? I wouldn't shake hands with someone I disliked. It's stupid to actually embrace someone when you don't mean it one bit.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I had no idea that a pre match handshake is a mandatory for managers. I never knew they shook hands before. I think what Benitez is trying to say is, he waited in the tunnels to have a word with Fergie, but Fergie didn't wait to listen to him. I don't think Fergie is under any obligation to talk to the manager prior to the game, is he?

Even the hand shake at the end of the game is a ritual, but Rafa Benitez made sure he didn't want to shake Fergie's hands, basically because he shunned him at the start of the match. I'd probably to wait to hear Fergie's word on it to clear things up before starting to think Fergie acted like a child.
Fergie has come out and said Benitez was talking bollocks.

FlawlessThaw

Fergie can be petulant. He should be the bigger man and offer to shake his hand and then nobody cares.

It's hardly a big story but still, shake his hand and there is no story at all.

The end.
Fergie has come out and said it was all bollocks regarding not shaking Rafa's hand. Said he was signing autographs and didn't see Benitez and that if he wanted to shake Fergie's hand, he should have stood in front of him.

Sounds like Rafa is stirring as usual and it shouldn't be surprising but some one here have brought into it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Benitez wasn't and won't be the first manager to cross path with Fergie. And he isn't the only successful foreign managers in the league. Mourinho, Wenger, Mancini, Ancelloti were equal or more successful than Benitez, but much less 'hated' by media and other club fans.

The opinion that this 'hate' is because Benitez 'rant/mental breakdown' against Fergie, is frankly ridiculous and stupid. Media/journalist are full of Fergie's haters. And not many fans outside United look up Fergie as God, where a slight dig at Fergie would turn them into Benitez haters.

As a manager, Benitez has more than decent record to back up his arrogance. So when even the like of Villa's fans don't want Benitez as their manager, speaks volume about how low many see Benitez is as a person (nothing to do with his managerial skill).

It's the same case with Suarez. He's hated not because Fergie commented about his diving and cheating natures; but because other fans have eyes and brain to make up their own opinion.

But the narrow minded ones still won't be able to see these, and seeking for shallow excuse by blaming Fergie.

redevil2

Fergie has come out and said it was all bollocks regarding not shaking Rafa's hand. Said he was signing autographs and didn't see Benitez and that if he wanted to shake Fergie's hand, he should have stood in front of him.

Sounds like Rafa is stirring as usual and it shouldn't be surprising but some one here have brought into it.
This is just brilliant! Fergie is top! Rafa the waiter failed miserably.... again: "I am waiting....." :lol:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If moyes moves this summer, maybe fat Rafa will get a move back to Liverpool after all!

Decotron

Missed this....Super! :lol:

coolredwine

lameredboots
Valencia as of now occupy the Europa spots, Inter are surely playing the Europa again next season, Liverpool too and Chelsea seem to be going in that direction too. Courtesy of Rafael Benitez.
Chelsea were four points off the top of the table when Rafa Benitez took over. Now? TWENTY-TWO. #genius
When Arsenal lost 2-1 at Stamford Bridge on January 20, #AFC were 11pts behind Chelsea, now gap is 2pts. #Benitez
:lol:

rio's upper lip

Losing today could cost Chelsea dearly. Obviously he wanted to keep a few players fresh for Monday, but it backfired and could mean the Europa League next season for Chelsea. Hopefully it does. I'd rather see Spurs and Arsenal in Europe over Chelsea.

FlawlessThaw

They have a game on Spurs still so they can afford to take a loss today.

Although given they still have to go to Craven Cottage, Anfield (although I wonder if the Kop will favour Benitez over Liverpool, who knows) and Old Trafford still as well as a difficult home match against Spurs still, it's not an easy road ahead for them.

Castia

Chelsea were four points off the top of the table when Rafa Benitez took over. Now? TWENTY-TWO. #genius
Truly amazing that isn't it, even more so when you think the man he replaced had just won the the Champions League. Mind boggling stuff.

Dion

Truly amazing that isn't it, even more so when you think the man he replaced had just won the the Champions League. Mind boggling stuff.
They are only 4 points off City if they win their game in hand though :lol:

Cevno

City could have been right in that battle too if Fat frank scored the pen at etihad.

Cevno

Think he wants UEFA cup the most, as it boosts his European profile.

Laphroaig

Too convoluted.

Rafas ego dictates he wants a trophy , you dont get one for a top 4 place, you do for the FA Cup.

It really is that simple, and he really is that selfish.
Yup, playing a near full strength team home to Prague a few days before the game against City was a bit of a giveaway.

Guy Incognito

Chelsea finished sixth last season. So by definition anything above that place is good for Rafa. :p

They weren't as "brilliant" a side the press and their fans make out domestically the last 18 months and were found out in the league much earlier than I thought under Di Matteo.