Benitez to Chelsea Discussion & Sack watch

TheRisingSun

Banned
He has a go for appointing him Interim Manager yet he knew that was the role before he accepted :wenger:
No, apparantly that was due to a mix-up between his translater and his agent and nothing to do with him. It was a surprise to him, despite being in black and white on the contract he put pen to paper to. It is never Rafa's fault. Ever.

If anyone believes that other than RAWK then really more fool them. The desperate rantings of a man looking for a red herring to salvage some credibility from this utter mess.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's an anagram: "Interim Manager" = "I'm Inter Manager".

TheGame

No, apparantly that was due to a mix-up between his translater and his agent and nothing to do with him. It was a surprise to him, despite being in black and white on the contract he put pen to paper to. It is never Rafa's fault. Ever.

If anyone believes that other than RAWK then really more fool them. The desperate rantings of a man looking for a red herring to salvage some credibility from this utter mess.
Oh well, to all the Interim staff out there, you can all blame it on someone else including your customers and colleagues and see if your employers can make your job permanent.

SteveJ

Scout
Are those the latest odds on who's taking over at Chelsea?

SteveJ

Scout
I'm the laziest poster in history, mate. :D

hp88

"My relationship with Roman is very good," he told BBC Sport's Dan Walker.

When asked if he would be sacked: "No. They know how we work and what we are trying to do."

He added: "The players are really happy in what we are trying to do. Sometimes you win, sometimes you cannot."

"The atmosphere in the club is really good. There are no issues in the team. In terms of what we do, the players are fully behind the methods."

"If we stick together and support the players we will be able to win games. Then at the end of the season I will leave and then they can criticise."

He said on Wednesday that the decision of the club to give the title of "interim manager" was a "massive mistake" and that the Chelsea fans were "wasting their time" in protesting against him.

"We still have 11 games to play in the Premier League, and we have the FA Cup and the Europa League," he continued.

"Everyone knows I will finish my contract at the end of the season"

"So this group of fans, who are singing and creating banners, have to concentrate on supporting the team. The rest of the fans, the majority of fans, know the way to help the team is by supporting the players."

"We were winning yesterday and still they were singing - I think that will not do our team any favours”

"I'm thinking about my team and my club - I want to win every game. I've tried to explain the way is to support the team in every single game."

"We were winning yesterday [against Middlesbrough] and still they were singing - I think that will not do our team any favours."
Interview will be aired on Football Focus, looks like he wants to stay until May.

Nogbadthebad

He will get a bit of stick at Old Trafford but the game at Anfield is the one I am waiting for.
Epic that one.

His own fans booing him, the opposition fans singing his name.

Although to be fair, given how he has them playing, we could well do the same.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He will get a bit of stick at Old Trafford but the game at Anfield is the one I am waiting for.
I think that is going to be funny because the Liverpool supporters will be cheering him while the Chelsea supporters will be booing him.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
He's right to an extent, they should get behind their team. However fans are unforgiving and he did put them down as Liverpool manager. They both deserve each other if you ask me!

Also if I'm being honest I can't say I think very highly of him, brilliant tactician but a real arrogant smug guy as well. Everything he has achieved is down to him and where he has failed he blames others. At Valencia it was mainly Hector Cupers side and at Liverpool he won the CL with Houllier's side and at Inter he fecked up despite Mourinho leaving a treble winning side. At Valencia it was the owners fault, same at Liverpool and Inter. At Inter the Moratti had been defending him all season long, he wins the World club cup and starts bad mouthing him and board for not giving him enough, Moratti wasn't going to stand for that so showed him the door. Such an ungrateful person, always moaning and complaining about how things are against him. When we signed Theo the guy was moaning about us having money and not Liverpool, that is despite the millions he wasted on absolute shite.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
He's right to an extent, they should get behind their team. However fans are unforgiving and he did put them down as Liverpool manager. They both deserve each other if you ask me!

Also if I'm being honest I can't say I think very highly of him, brilliant tactician but a real arrogant smug guy as well. Everything he has achieved is down to him and where he has failed he blames others. At Valencia it was mainly Hector Cupers side and at Liverpool he won the CL with Houllier's side and at Inter he fecked up despite Mourinho leaving a treble winning side. At Valencia it was the owners fault, same at Liverpool and Inter. At Inter the Moratti had been defending him all season long, he wins the World club cup and starts bad mouthing him and board for not giving him enough, Moratti wasn't going to stand for that so showed him the door. Such an ungrateful person, always moaning and complaining about how things are against him. When we signed Theo the guy was moaning about us having money and not Liverpool, that is despite the millions he wasted on absolute shite.
This is a fallacy. His tactics in his later years at Liverpool, and at Inter and now at Chelsea have left much to be desired. Ridiculous subs, at inane times, line ups that make no sense and a lack of awareness when ahead. This tactician idea seems based around a few games in the CL in 2005, and the fact he knocked our 'best side' out of the champions league with those 'tactical performances'. The more he carries on in his career, the more those games and runs look like shots in the dark.

TheRisingSun

Banned

It's not an either/or situation. I personally don't like the anti-Benitez stuff whilst we're playing, but it seems that I'm in the minority. In the middle of the rant, Benitez actually praised our fans for the vocal support and getting behind the team. In spite of what you read on here at times, our away fans are in my opinion some of the better ones in the league.

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/ch...fans-to-force-benitez-out-before-our-cup-date

This is a decent article on the situation imo.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Terry would be too obvious, I mean there was talk of him being behind the eventual sacking of Mourinho with remarks to the higher ups about losing the dressing room. Although Rafa's dropped him, told him he's not guaranteed in the first team anymore so it wouldn't surprise me.

Lampard would be a shocker considering Rafa's been nothing but glowing in his talks about him and actually played him a hell of a lot.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Terry would be too obvious, I mean there was talk of him being behind the eventual sacking of Mourinho with remarks to the higher ups about losing the dressing room. Although Rafa's dropped him, told him he's not guaranteed in the first team anymore so it wouldn't surprise me.

Lampard would be a shocker considering Rafa's been nothing but glowing in his talks about him and actually played him a hell of a lot.
Yeah but Terry wouldnt exactly be a grave disappointment to us fans, I mean hes been a great player, but its not like we aren;t already disappointed in him for other aspects of his persona.

Quinton Fortune

I think the leaks will be coming from one of the foreign boys who can't get any game time. Maybe someone like Malouda or Ferreria who are just collected wages but still think they're part of the big time.

Although it does allude to it being a main player so perhaps Cole, he's always proven himself to be a bit of an idiot!

Also can Benitez stay anymore? His position is pretty much untenable now, who the hell will want the job now too? Laudrup might fancy it if he's mad but he's just another flavour of the month, which Chelsea have proven they cant commit to.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I think that Rafa's problem is that he still believes he's a top manager. That's a massive mistake from his side.The truth is that he's haven't won a major trophy since 2006. He also ended up badly at nearly every club he was with. At this point of his career his only way to take a top club role will be as an interim manager and then he has to convince the people on top that he truly deserves a longer contract.