Benjamin Mendy

GeorgieBoy

He looked wank today. Almost cost City a goal a couple of times. Not seen anything of him yet to think he's a stand out player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His energy is absolutely ridiculous. I thought I was seeing double at times in the game. The thing is, he’s absolutely garbage in defence but such a menace in attack. He’s perfect for Guardiola because his teams rarely have to defend. Pep will definitely hone his general attacking play and ball control - this lad has barely played football in the past year

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
He essentially hasn't played competitively since early last season outside of the odd game here and there for France, he is rusty as hell and still provided two assists. He was always better offensively than defensively, but today is not a proper indication of how he is on defense, he's more capable than that. It will take a bit of time, but he will come good soon enough.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Absolute bargain. Pep's fullbacks always put up ridiculous stats and he was grossly underpriced.
The defenders in FPL are capped at £6.5m and he's £6.0m coming off a full season out, he isn't underpriced at all.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
He looked wank today. Almost cost City a goal a couple of times. Not seen anything of him yet to think he's a stand out player.
He's clearly rusty. He's barely played any football because of his ACL injury, but he still kept a clean sheet and assisted both goals.

Skills

Snitch
I think he's great. He's enough of a threat going forward, that a lot of opposition managers will probably pin their own wingers back just to keep him in check so he'll rarely be exposed.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He got 11 assists in all comps in that final Monaco season. Absolute monster going forward. Shame he's such a twitter merchant

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Defensively they'll be worse off with him in the side, offensively he'll give them another option

I guess the good will outweigh the bad though

Canagel

His attacking contribution is incredible. He's like a left winger sometimes.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Defensively they'll be worse off with him in the side, offensively he'll give them another option

It‘s the same case with Marcelo and Ramos. The people say they are a liability, but they don‘t see that those players win their teams more games than they lose.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers

he will get better defensively when tehy are in full strength and in the rhytm, they will attack 80% off times anyway though, due to them pressing all the time, and that's what important, can' imagine Shaw doing anything remotley what Mendy can do while being probnably the same defensively tbh...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd swap him with any of our fullbacks straight away, so there's that.

If we had Mendy and Walker in our team we'd be close to winning the league IMO, they make such a huge difference.

What a left back. Probably second best in the world. Ever since that Monaco season linking up with Lemar down the left who cut in a lot, Mendy dominated the flank.

Seems to have returned straight to form again after that awful injury.

Last edited:

izec

I like him, he is a tank. A bit clumsy, but there is no stopping him once he bursts forward. Also is mixing up his deliveries, not only brainlessly crossing and hoping someone gets to it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
What a left back. Probably second best in the world. Ever since that Monaco season linking up with Lemar down the left who cut in a lot, Mandy dominated the flank.

Seems to have returned straight to form again after that injury.
Dunno about that.

automaticflare

What a left back. Probably second best in the world. Ever since that Monaco season linking up with Lemar down the left who cut in a lot, Mandy dominated the flank.

Seems to have returned straight to form again after that injury.
This is what we lack
If your going to play inverted wingers you need fullbacks to overlap on the outside

With young on the left there he also tries to cut in on to his favor right foot

Dunno about that.
For me, only Marcelo can say that he is exceptionally better than Mendy. The rest have all got their strengths and weaknesses but are at around the same level, in my opinion. So any of Alex Sandro, Alaba, Alba and anyone else I forgot doesn’t have the same claim Marcelo has over Mendy to be better than him.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Mental output going forwards, anyone without him in their fantasy team has made a mistake. He'll cost himself a few clean sheets bonuses though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Iirc, when City were scoring 5, 6 and 7 goals last season he was in the team wasn't he.

DRM

Phenomenal!

This City team look unbeatable and will surely dominate the league again this season!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s ridiculous. In a position we really needed last summer too. Will get 15+ assists this season.

ZlatMan

Mendy and Alonso are the best attacking LBs in the league. He played like a winger

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Marcelo and Kurzawa but the latter is bad at everything else.
Is that to say he's one of the top 3 crossers in the world for the position, or that generally the level of crossing amongst others is dire? (I'm guessing it's the former)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is that to say he's one of the top 3 crossers in the world for the position, or that generally the level of crossing amongst others is dire? (I'm guessing it's the former)
No, it's just the ones that I know and are in the same bracket when it comes to crossing. Kurzawa and Mendy are on par and I think that Marcelo is probably better, they are also consistent in that area but Kurzawa can't stay fit and he is defensively bad even when he tries. Mendy is just not balanced, he is like a young Marcelo, he will completely forgot that he is the LB but when he focuses on defending he is good.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Incredible that he does that after basically missing the entire year.