Benjamin Mendy

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pep wouldn’t put up with Zlatan, who was a model professional as he felt he was too individualistic and didn’t fit into the team ethos at Barcelona and now he’s reduced to defending this clown.
Pep hates Mendy. He'd be gone if he had his way. Defending him in public was stupid and I have no clue why he did it. We should fine Mendy his 50m transfer fee plus all the wages we paid him and sack him. Selfish prick.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think canceling football is off the table but he'll probably never play for City again. I'd isolate him from the group for the rest of the season now, he can't be trusted.
Can we isolate him from the club for the rest of his career instead? I mean he's got a world cup, 2 PL's and loads of trophies and the only thing he's contributed is endangering lives off the pitch and points on it.

CaptainBirdseye

I understand Pep not wanting to encourage a witch hunt of his player, but what he's said about Mendy is in poor taste imo. Plenty of people who have sacrificed their holidays, seeing family and the like.

AkaAkuma

similiar stories about some spanish speaking players at spurs/west ham and also scholes kids. Mendys party seems small by comparison.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I understand Pep not wanting to encourage a witch hunt of his player, but what he's said about Mendy is in poor taste imo. Plenty of people who have sacrificed their holidays, seeing family and the like.
Pretty sure Pep lost his mother to covid which is why I think he must be fuming on the inside. He's usually honest in these situations so it makes his defence of Mendy stranger.

TsuWave

He was lethal LB a few years ago under Pep, but then the injury happened. And it seemed that his mentality changed as well. He has won quite everything and if we take a look at his mindset and attitude, then I'd recommend him to move into entertainment business and invest his football earnings into someplace else. He is more of a showbiz guy than a footballer.

Imagine what United would look like if he'd teamed up with JLingz, Pogba and Martial? This quartet had its own TV-show.
How is Mendy more of a showbiz guy than a footballer? What makes him such/What makes you say such?

Also, Martial is a very low-key guy and has hardly a noticeable presence in any kind of media

Pep's Suit

Pep hates Mendy. He'd be gone if he had his way. Defending him in public was stupid and I have no clue why he did it. We should fine Mendy his 50m transfer fee plus all the wages we paid him and sack him. Selfish prick.
He also defended Foden, Walker, Stones and many other players when they didn't deserve it. I don't think he's the same person he was 10 years ago.

United58

How is Mendy more of a showbiz guy than a footballer? What makes him such/What makes you say such?

Also, Martial is a very low-key guy and has hardly a noticeable presence in any kind of media
I think it's that he makes more of an impact on social media than on the pitch

TsuWave

I think it's that he makes more of an impact on social media than on the pitch
Guy has a French league title, two premier league titles and a domestic cup under his belt. What’s this more of an impact on social media thing?

He’s a dickhead for arranging this party in current circumstances, but come on. Any player that displays a modicum of personality on social media starts getting weird labels on this forum.

RashyForPM

More of a bellend than a footballer more like. His ‘banter’ on social media contains about as much personality as my microwave, and breaking the covid rules just shows him up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think canceling football is off the table but he'll probably never play for City again. I'd isolate him from the group for the rest of the season now, he can't be trusted.
Not so sure about that, he was on their bench yesterday which means he could have played. However it will indeed be interesting to see how they deal with him.
I remember a few years ago when at Marseille, in a pre-game preparations, he was talking with other young players and was bragging about how he was speeding at about 220km/h on the highway with his new car. Safe to say he hasn't matured a lot since then

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Absolute reckless imbecile. Utter lack of work ethic. Should be harshly fined.

kouroux

Guy has a French league title, two premier league titles and a domestic cup under his belt. What’s this more of an impact on social media thing?

He’s a dickhead for arranging this party in current circumstances, but come on. Any player that displays a modicum of personality on social media starts getting weird labels on this forum.
They get labels if they're not playing that well tbh. Ronaldo just reached 251million subs on IG, he could stop playing football and just live off his social network earnings for years. However since he is performing incredibly still, he is much more respected than Mendy.

UmbroDays

Again I’m asking, as I’m completely confused.

But why so much disdain for him vs Lamela, Regulion, the West Ham player, etc?

OK he’s broken the rules with just 2 friends and a chef vs 18 others in the case of Lamela and his friends.

But call him a cnut, bellend, tosser, imbecile, etc? Is it really worth calling him that for a breach of rules? There’s not a single post about the other lot breaking the rules but you’re hammering this guy?

TsuWave

More of a bellend than a footballer more like. His ‘banter’ on social media contains about as much personality as my microwave, and breaking the covid rules just shows him up.
Considering these guys lived and breathed football all their lives, and are part of the small percentile that actually made it and gets to play at the highest level, I find it hard to discredit them, especially from an outside observer position posting on a forum, because of their antics on social media. Again, I think he’s a dickhead for putting this thing together with total disregard to rules and regulations.

In regards to personality, whether people find the banter amusing or not, every time someone strays from cliched interview soundbites and engage with people online they get the weirdest labels. It’s odd.

TsuWave

They get labels if they're not playing that well tbh. Ronaldo just reached 251million subs on IG, he could stop playing football and just live off his social network earnings for years. However since he is performing incredibly still, he is much more respected than Mendy.
Comical extreme.

Mendy has achieved more than 95% of footballers ever will. Him tweeting dumb jokes or whatever doesn’t invalidate him as a footballer and make him “more of a showbiz guy”. That’s ridiculous.

Sylar

OK he’s broken the rules with just 2 friends and a chef vs 18 others in the case of Lamela and his friends.

But call him a cnut, bellend, tosser, imbecile, etc? Is it really worth calling him that for a breach of rules? There’s not a single post about the other lot breaking the rules but you’re hammering this guy?
I think calling him all this is a bit OTT
Isn't this not the first time mendy has done this? Or is that wrong?
If it's not the first time then yea, he's brainless and doesn't deserve any defending

The other guys are daft too (though I do wonder how these pictures get leaked).
Whilst it's a bad look is one of their "friends" Selling it to the papers?

Or are people from media sitting outside at certain player houses hoping to see something?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It's not really that surprising surely. The news about Mendy came out first, plus he's done a lot of other stupid shit in the past plus, most importantly, this is a Man Utd forum and he's a Man City player.

All of them though, including Walker and the others who've broken the rules are total twits though and all should get a good ban.

kouroux

Comical extreme.

Mendy has achieved more than 95% of footballers ever will. Him tweeting dumb jokes or whatever doesn’t invalidate him as a footballer and make him “more of a showbiz guy”. That’s ridiculous.
No but it explains why he can be so easily ridiculed.

hubbuh

Imagine what United would look like if he'd teamed up with JLingz, Pogba and Martial? This quartet had its own TV-show.
I know this was meant as a lighthearted comment, but I don't get the inclusion of Martial. He seems like a rather innocuous, understated individual. United is a far-cry from the club it was when everything seemed to revolve around bashing Lingard and Pogba for dancing/getting haircuts, so your post is a bit outdated.

Oranges038

Wouldn't call him a showbiz guy, he's missed so much football through injury I think that he's just trying to stay relevant on social media because his career is going down the toilet and he's still only 26.

He's won a couple of trophies at City. But he's been out injured more often than not. In 3 and a bit seasons he's played 60 odd games and half of them came last season. When you consider Man City play approx 50 games a season, he's played roughly 33% of their games in that time.

All the while collecting 90k a week, being injured and generally seeming to have a rubbish attitude towards his career and team, then this.

I think its safe to say he is a massive twat.

Offsideagain

Well the FA and PL , the people that got all righteous when Cavani used a mates nickname in a tweet that upset all the snowflakes, have decided that Mr.Mendy who endangered the lives of all in contact with him by having a party on New Year’s Eve, will not be sanctioned by the controlling body of football who clearly put making easy money out of an innocent tweet above potentially killing people by infecting them with Covid. Of course, any sanction would also have been inconvenient for City and we can’t have that. Anyone remember Christian Negouai? Yes, the City player that missed a drugs test a few weeks before Rio and got a £2000 fine and no ban against Rio’s 8 month ban and £50k fine and the bitters say we get preferential treatment.

UmbroDays

Well the FA and PL , the people that got all righteous when Cavani used a mates nickname in a tweet that upset all the snowflakes, have decided that Mr.Mendy who endangered the lives of all in contact with him by having a party on New Year’s Eve, will not be sanctioned by the controlling body of football who clearly put making easy money out of an innocent tweet above potentially killing people by infecting them with Covid. Of course, any sanction would also have been inconvenient for City and we can’t have that. Anyone remember Christian Negouai? Yes, the City player that missed a drugs test a few weeks before Rio and got a £2000 fine and no ban against Rio’s 8 month ban and £50k fine and the bitters say we get preferential treatment.
Give it a rest man.

padr81

Supports
Man City
What the feck has Cavani making a dumb post to do with Benjamin Mendy being an idiot? Honestly you've got so many conspiracies into that post I'm surprised you believe in Covid.

dinostar77

Most of that Monaco team looked amazing. Mendy, Sidibi, Lemar, Silva, Bakayoko. Fabinho, Mbappe aside, I think the rest have been underwhelming since
Bernardo Silva has been good for city when Guardiola hasnt been leaving him out of the team. As has fabinho for liverpool. Its wierd when a team that does well gets torn apart prematurely. Not everyone goes onto do better elsewhere. That Monaco team. The Ajax team from a few seasons ago was another example. Mourinhos Porto team that won the champions league was a nother. There must be other teams if i really think about it.

I do love it when teams like this appear from time to time and upset the natural order.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Most of that Monaco team looked amazing. Mendy, Sidibi, Lemar, Silva, Bakayoko. Fabinho, Mbappe aside, I think the rest have been underwhelming since
Lemar has started becoming regular in Atletico this season taking over Saul’s spot. I won’t write Silva off easily since he had good first season. But the others have done nothing positive since then.