Benjamin Pavard

Blackwidow

Any resident Bundesliga watchers in here?

The last I can recall, Pavard was struggling at Bayern and the fans didn't want him in the 11. This was a couple of years ago now so maybe he turned things around.
He was not even struggling. Some fans always wanted to have a more offensive solution on the right wing, too - and never understood that with a left offensive fullback and no real defensive no. 6 we need a more defensive fullback on the right for a good balance.

Funnily Bayern's right side with Pavard building from the back (and being solid there) always was the most productive for the goals.

But Pavard wants to change country (like his best friend Hernandez) and wants to play centre back.

Based Adnan

Benjamin Pavard now has three serious options: Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus. Decision possible next week. FC Barcelona is no longer in the running. The Catalans lack the money. FC Bayern wants at least 30 million euros.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Feel like we're only going to go for him it we sell a defender. I hope we don't lose out on him to someone like City.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Feel like we're only going to go for him it we sell a defender. I hope we don't lose out on him to someone like City.
We haven't even sold someone like Bailly or am i out of the loop?

croadyman

Yeah sadly Maguire drags his feet a few more weeks and City get the deal done like that

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We haven't even sold someone like Bailly or am i out of the loop?
Yeah, that's my point. We clearly want to sell some defenders and we'd happily replace some of them that were here last season. Until we resolve any of their futures, we won't be able to get someone like Pavard. City may be able to act sooner.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, that's my point. We clearly want to sell some defenders and we'd happily replace some of them that were here last season. Until we resolve any of their futures, we won't be able to get someone like Pavard. City may be able to act sooner.
Your post was just a bit of an epiphany for me. i initially thought about how we will struggle to sell Maguire but then the image of Bailly crept in. :lol:

CallyRed

How I wish that was possible
It's crazy how much City are making from their youngsters. Helps when they are on low wages and play for the best team in the country but still, £15m for a kid I've never heard, nearly 20m for a keeper I've only just realised existed this summer.

croadyman

It's crazy how much City are making from their youngsters. Helps when they are on low wages and play for the best team in the country but still, £15m for a kid I've never heard, nearly 20m for a keeper I've only just realised existed this summer.
Yeah the key thing there is low wages

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Your post was just a bit of an epiphany for me. i initially thought about how we will struggle to sell Maguire but then the image of Bailly crept in. :lol:
Maguire is weirdly quite down the list of defenders to sell. We've got Telles, Williams, and Bailly to sell first!

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

There is zero chance that we are interested in Pavard.

Pavard wants to play as CB in the future and there is no chance that he would replace Varane or Martinez.

Gordon S

There is zero chance that we are interested in Pavard.

Pavard wants to play as CB in the future and there is no chance that he would replace Varane or Martinez.
I wouldn`t say there is no chance. Varane will most certainly be out for a few months this coming season as well. We need options and competition at cb.

-Supreme-

He’d literally kill 2 birds with one stone to become our permanent RB and rotate with Varane but does he only want to play in CB permanently?

Maguire and AWB out with £20m spare

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He’d literally kill 2 birds with one stone to become our permanent RB and rotate with Varane but does he only want to play in CB permanently?

Yeah was thinking this! He’ll get minutes at both RB and CB, and eventually can move into CB when we’re ready to move on or phase Varane out. It’s not like he’s guaranteed more minutes at CB at city, with their options…albeit he probably has a higher chance of winning.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Nothing crazy about it. They have a dodgy link with Southampton

daba

Yep this is what I wanted Timber for personally. Would accept Pavard though for sure.

glasgow 21

I always start from a position of someone else will get the player I like before we do. So that anything to the contrary is a bonus. Makes life more simple.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

Did you also believe this about Kim Min Jae then?
Pavard has showed good performances at RB in the last years but he hasn't played many matches at CB and when he has played there then his performances were weak.
Pavard wants to leave Bayern Munich because he only wants to play as CB in the future.

Kim is only a CB and would challenge much more Varane & Martinez.

D-o-m-i-n-i-k

I wouldn`t say there is no chance. Varane will most certainly be out for a few months this coming season as well. We need options and competition at cb.
We must hope Varane's body will recover now better without his national team matches.

worldinmotion66

Great news that Disasi is going to Chelsea, hopefully we will go for Pavard to replace Maguire if he can be moved on. Pavard gives us a lot more versatility and I loved how he used his passing ability when he played at centre half at Stuttgart.

croadyman

Great news that Disasi is going to Chelsea, hopefully we will go for Pavard to replace Maguire if he can be moved on. Pavard gives us a lot more versatility and I loved how he used his passing ability when he played at centre half at Stuttgart.
Only good news IF we go for this guy

NZT-One

Feeling wise, I'd think he'd rather go to City if he was to move. Also not sure, if he wouldn't be too pricey for us. Would prefer more of a Frimpong kind of player. Somebody, who really can add firepower to the right side. Shaw is good but he isn't exactly a dynamic monster and lets not start about the attacking output from the available right-backs right now.

croadyman

Feeling wise, I'd think he'd rather go to City if he was to move. Also not sure, if he wouldn't be too pricey for us. Would prefer more of a Frimpong kind of player. Somebody, who really can add firepower to the right side. Shaw is good but he isn't exactly a dynamic monster and lets not start about the attacking output from the available right-backs right now.
Yeah him and Walker swapping looks nailed on

Superunknown

I'm neutral on this one. Haven't closely watched any of our CB targets to form an opinion. At least this guy would be experienced and, I'm assuming, could be trusted enough to partner Martinez if/when Varane picks up an injury.