Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

red thru&thru

His agent was in Manchester today :D

“Agent Benjamin Sesko, Elvis Basanovic, was pictured in Manchester today with his colleagues at an event. (RV)”

Led to believe that this pic is a few years old...

Woodzy

I was about to comment on him not looking 13 in that picture and then realised he’s not even in the picture. Then I realised I know so little about the player I don’t even know what he looks like.

We still absolutely must sign him though.

Wezzaldo

I don’t think you lose making transfers like this. You will never make a huge loss going in too early if it doesn’t work out. It costs more to get them in once the player explodes than it does to sell a “flop” even when they cost you 50 million. The other major thing is it bodes well if we've got one right and identified them earlier than the competition. we believe the other big teams will inevitably be after him soon and moving earlier is the only way we can be sure he’ll chose us. Hopefully a sign the club will spotting better players with a longer term vision and being a lot more decisive when we do move.
I completely agree with this. However the key is not to put them on silly wages, which we have done in the past. That’s what prevents us moving on players that haven’t worked out.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
The problem is that as soon as United are in the picture for a player like this then a number of teams follow the bandwagon and since we always take ages to conclude deals then we get beaten to it by some other team.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The problem is that as soon as United are in the picture for a player like this then a number of teams follow the bandwagon and since we always take ages to conclude deals then we get beaten to it by some other team.
Name me 3-5 instances of this happening

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
Damn, loosing Malacia to Lyon and Martinez to Arsenal really hurt.

Judas

Open to offers
I do find it weird how some just want to stick to myths for the sake of it.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Hearing good things about this transfer, may soon be the refuge for a lot of muppets. Any standard lines (positive or negative) that need constant repeating?

mav_9me

Complete misread of the situation imo.

More likely we are never involved, our name being used by agent/ player to hype him up or by the selling club to increase price.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'd say given that Salzburg don't want to sell and United will pay way over the odds, it's either United or nothing.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I do find it weird how some just want to stick to myths for the sake of it.
Some people think they know it all about United and then they get proved wrong.
I'm just saying that if we don't move fast we'll lose this guy.

swissgenius

If he scores 25 goals in the Bundesliga this year, his price tag will be £60M+ next season. Haaland went to City for that much because he had a release clause, otherwise BVB would have demanded Jadon Sancho money. Liverpool just bought Darwin Nunez for £67M. Unless something weird happens to PL teams in the next 12 months £45 million probably won't be enough to buy a blue chip striker.
You mean if a Bundesliga club makes a move for him next week and he proceeds to score 25 in the German BuLi?
->That's not very likely, because no German club is linked with him and also non of them would spend £45 million on an unproven prospect. And there is close to zero chance that he would score 25 goals in the Bundesliga.

Or do you really think him scoring 25 in the Austrian BuLi would make him a £60M+ striker?
->Then let me tell you about the famous Shon Weissman, Patson Daka, Robert Beric, Munas Dabbur, Philipp Hosiner, Alan and Johnny Soriano, the latest few who accomplished that feat and then went on to have exceptional international careers.
->no transfer out of the Austrian Bundesliga has ever been above £26M, and that includes Sadio Mane, Haaland, Upamecano, Adeyemi, Naby Keita etc. who were clearly above Sesko in terms of talent and also development. None of them cost more than 26M altough they had their breakout year already, and you think Sesko will be above 60M ??

List of teenagers in football history that got transfered for £60M+
-Mbappe
-Dembele
-Felix

that's it.

Bojan Djordjic

How was it possible to know what his 'true' level was? He was a teenager who had just broken out - there was no precedence.
In this case, a proxy for his true level would be closer his xG which was almost a third of his actual successful strike rate.

Bojan Djordjic

True, but further context is that United didn't create too many great chances for him and great strikers will overperform that statistic because it's based on a sample size that includes inferior goal scorers.
Not really. Not many players have historically over-performed their xG over multiple seasons. The elite strikers are better at creating good shooting opportunities and getting in good positions as opposed to actually being better putting it in the net in the aftermath of getting these chances.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
So they are working on signing him.....what does he mean by PUSHING?
Is this just to make his comments longer???
It means they’re pushing to sign him, it’s hard to describe without using the word in the definition.

Basically means that they’re determined to sign him, it’s they’re focus right now. They want him and are trying their best to make it happen. They’ll be in constant communication with Salzburg, being a little pushy with it.

Crashoutcassius

Actually think this would be a great signing if we get it for reasonable money. He is already strong and offers something different to what we have right away so I think he could get minutes this season. Looks like he will work hard too

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Actually think this would be a great signing if we get it for reasonable money. He is already strong and offers something different to what we have right away so I think he could get minutes this season. Looks like he will work hard too
If they know that Ronaldo wants to leave, there is no way we can get him on the cheap.

Dannn411

I feel like he has to be brought in immediately and included in the first team rotation if he's signed. We have no natural CFs. None.

redcucumber

In this case, a proxy for his true level would be closer his xG which was almost a third of his actual successful strike rate.
Yeah, but how is it possible to know what his 'true level' was? He was a breakout talent. If there is an established track record of goalscoring form then it's easier to interpret xG. I mean, Greenwood scoring from improbable angles might have been unsustainable to an extent, but he scored those goals because he had the balance, power, technique, and vision to pull them off. He wasn't an average player - he was regarded as an elite level talent, so while his actual output may have dropped somewhat, it is impossible to gauge by how much.

Bondi77

It means they’re pushing to sign him, it’s hard to describe without using the word in the definition.

Basically means that they’re determined to sign him, it’s they’re focus right now. They want him and are trying their best to make it happen. They’ll be in constant communication with Salzburg, being a little pushy with it.
Well if that was the case it would be all over Sky and the BBC and it is not.... it is just Fabbo talking more shite!

NLunited

What does it matter what league he is from? This should have no bearing on the price.

onemanarmy

What does it matter what league he is from? This should have no bearing on the price.
Of course it should. A player from the Dutch or Belgian league for instance will have it a lot easier to stand out in that league than in the PL, La Liga.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Greenwood scored ten goals from 3.6xg in the league that year. He was WAY-overperforming and scoring unsustainably improbable goals. We don't have xG data available for the Austrian Bundesliga but not really fair to compare Greenwood to Sesko because Greenwood was on a once in a lifetime hot streak as oppose to scoring at his true level.
Mason Greenwood was the most promising player to break out of our academy since Giggs.

It's still gutting what happened with him. I thought Ravel not fulfilling his promise was heartbreaking. Greenwood was worse, because he had already made a number of appearances and proven himself.

captaincantona

To even stay in the top 6 conversation we need options…we are not a top side anymore, we are not an important club anymore - so the top shelf up and coming players - Haaland, Bellingham, Nunez…are not really interested in us.

how anyone could complain about us signing this guy is beyond me.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
To even stay in the top 6 conversation we need options…we are not a top side anymore, we are not an important club anymore - so the top shelf up and coming players - Haaland, Bellingham, Nunez…are not really interested in us.

We will sleep walk into the Top6 don’t overreact. We were at our worst last year and made it. We need to aim higher and we will, I’m confident we will finish in the Top 4, mid season transfer window is still there too and I’m sure by then the team will be in sync with the new system and we will get even better after the World Cup. I’m not as negative as most on here as I know EtH won’t accept mediocrity and he will have us competing. We have good players believe it or not, could be better but we still have good players and you all will see that.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Sigh. What a difference a year makes.

Lynty

I'm well up for this signing, but this is a shocker of a post. :lol::lol:

Complete delusion.

LuckyScout78

Wonder if @LuckyScout78 would recommend him
He is not at the level of Patrick Schick as CF and full packet as a football player. But i do see and recognize the potential of the boy.

It's already a post thread about him here. No need for me to recommend him. You shall ask the starter/OP of this post/thread.

Last edited:

croadyman

He is not at the level of Patrick Schick as CF and full packet as a football player. But i do see and recognize the potential of the boy.

It's already a post thread about him here. No need for me to recommend him. You shall starter of his post/thread.
Yeah would have preferred Schick if he hadn't signed a new contract recently

Status
Not open for further replies.