Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resch

Maybe we should offer Salzburg Amad + 20 Mill. ? Salzburg always loves talent and United has some young att
But nowaday, a great talent almost need 50m cost to buy them if Manchester United involves in the deal
Salzburg record sale is about 33 mill. €....
Probably he is not a replacement and is going to play for Liefering the first 1-2 years. They always plan ahead so they can get used to the country and their system. Then they promote them after they sell their first team players. It was the same with Adeyemi for example. They have Adamu, Simic, Okafor and Koita for the striker role at the moment.
He will play for Liefering, it is Salzburgs youth team. Singning for Salzburg from Liefering means he signed a pro contract.

the_cliff

Was Adeyemi on the last year of his contract or something ?

Asking us for 50 and selling Adeyemi for 30 is a bit of a violation.

AkaAkuma

Is this twitter speculation based on us following his progress or has a top tier journalist confirmed we want to make an offer?

saik

Is this twitter speculation based on us following his progress or has a top tier journalist confirmed we want to make an offer?
Whitwell has reported that Murtough met with his agent to discuss. So, clearly not just twitter speculation I would say.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Was Adeyemi on the last year of his contract or something ?

Asking us for 50 and selling Adeyemi for 30 is a bit of a violation.
We've recently paid Ajax in excess of £55m for a CB, we're seen as mugs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He may have some potential, but he shouldn't worth anything more than 20-25m. There's nothing to back up his career to justify that much, its like a Longstaff type of signing, where at we point we wish to buy for 15m but Newcastle was holding out for 50m, which is totally ridiculous.

Bondi77

They sold Daka last season for just over 20mil and he scoring goals for fun and was voted the best player in the league.
These stupid prices would not even be mentioned if our name wasn't involved.

Bondi77

He may have some potential, but he shouldn't worth anything more than 20-25m. There's nothing to back up his career to justify that much, its like a Longstaff type of signing, where at we point we wish to buy for 15m but Newcastle was holding out for 50m, which is totally ridiculous.
They saved us looking like mugs on that occasion.

mu4c_20le

They sold Daka last season for just over 20mil and he scoring goals for fun and was voted the best player in the league.
These stupid prices would not even be mentioned if our name wasn't involved.
They don't want to sell, they already lost Adeyimi. This is just another Antony situation.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah that’s where I’ve been playing Adeyemi. Was hoping he’d do well up top because Ronaldo asked to leave (what a shock) but he’s been a bit of a let down in the centre. Will go back for Sesko in the summer.
Feckin Ronaldo. The minute he walked away the first time he was dead to me. I just don’t like him anymore. I loved him when he’s was young because he was outrageous and I thought he loved it here. I totally respect his achievements but Jesus he’s a textbook dickhead/winner/sociopath. Meh as far as legends go here. He’s on the slide and has been since Madrid pulled the trapdoor

sesko is on the way up. Yes please. More of this

roseguy64

Would be fine with getting him and also keeping Ronaldo. There'll be enough game time for him and he'll get more next season when Ronaldo goes.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Feckin Ronaldo. The minute he walked away the first time he was dead to me. I just don’t like him anymore. I loved him when he’s was young because he was outrageous and I thought he loved it here. I totally respect his achievements but Jesus he’s a textbook dickhead/winner/sociopath. Meh as far as legends go here. He’s on the slide and has been since Madrid pulled the trapdoor

sesko is on the way up. Yes please. More of this
Thats exactly how I feel.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Ever since we missed out on Cesc I always wanted us to sign someone like Sesko. Sesky signing. Let's get it done.

I Am Zlatan

I don’t know much about him, but we really need another center forward, even if Ronaldo stays, we can’t rely on him and Martial alone, with the amount of games we will be playing. We even need another winger! Maybe if we can get FDJ, Bruno can fill in as winger.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I don’t know much about him, but we really need another center forward, even if Ronaldo stays, we can’t rely on him and Martial alone, with the amount of games we will be playing. We even need another winger! Maybe if we can get FDJ, Bruno can fill in as winger.
More likely Erikson since he has played there with the Spuds.

AkaAkuma

Whitwell has reported that Murtough met with his agent to discuss. So, clearly not just twitter speculation I would say.
That could just be a case of the club positioning themselves for the moment he is actually on the market.
At the minute Salzburg are inflating his price as they don’t want to sell.

KranjskaKlobasa

He has a sensible agent (who stated publicly again that he is commited to RBS for the time being) and well prepared development plan (he rejected top clubs to go and play regualr football at RB Salzburg), so unfortunatly I don't see this transfer happening. Also why would he swap CL for EL? At least not this transfer window.

Donut

I am a Slovenian and would be ecstatic if we would get a Slovenian in, but Sesko is extremely overhyped right now due to a good preseason game and our desperation. He’s not ready to be a role player for us, he is extremely raw and needs as many minutes as possible, he’s not a sure thing at all.

Dr. StrangeHate

I am a Slovenian and would be ecstatic if we would get a Slovenian in, but Sesko is extremely overhyped right now due to a good preseason game and our desperation. He’s not ready to be a role player for us, he is extremely raw and needs as many minutes as possible, he’s not a sure thing at all.
Let's do it.

Ekeke

I'll be the first to admit I had never heard of Sesko so my authority on his potential is not impressive. But now that I've taken a look -- YouTube -- he looks an intriguing talent.

Will Sesko develop more in the Austrian league than he would under ETH's watch at Old Trafford? I'm not so sure about that. What are my assumptions?
  • The Austrian Bundesliga is not a particularly competitive league, I would imagine ranked below the top ten in Europe.
  • ETH is a masterful developer of young talent.
  • With or without Ronaldo, we need a striker.
  • Martial cannot be counted to provide a full season of consistent productivity.
  • United will be able to provide plenty of opportunities this season for Sesko to develop his game.
The barrier to this being a no-brainer is 55m BP. If RBS were willing to settle for 45m would you be on board?
No. Give me a season of goalscoring first then we can talk big fees

TsuWave

I hate how these clubs bend over for everybody else but always try to extort United. I guess the media coverage and twitter attention always puts the battery in their back to do so

Last edited:

swissgenius

No. Give me a season of goalscoring first then we can talk big fees
This.
I mean £45M is crazy. Even if he scores 25 this season, we can still buy him for that, it's not like that would mean 70M+.
He's no Haaland. He's still at that stage where it's easily possible we won't hear anymore of him after this summer.

40M or more is what you pay for potential+some evidence, not just raw potential. There are dozens across europe with raw potential. We took this kind of gamble with Amad, and I wouldn't call it a success yet..

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I hate how these clubs bend over for everybody else but always try to extort United. I guess the media coverage and twitter attention always puts the batter in their back to do so
What makes you think that they do?

aeh1991

If Salzburg insists on a high fee, at least get some deal done to have the negotiation rights next summer, to avoid a bidding war again

nav_10

Honestly can’t decide whether he looks really good or pretty average from that.
Why do you say that?

Not that you're wrong and I am right, I don't see the "pretty average."

I watched it and came away impressed, with his touch, two-footedness, link-up play. Certainly no "Lukaku."
Could have scored a few more goals but his technique looks on point. Think it's more just the timing and placement which will come.

I think what doesn't help is, I keep hearing him compared to Haaland.

I actually think he's better/more refined all-round as a player but, Haaland is easily the more explosive and lethal finisher. I wouldn't expect Haaland numbers from him. Think he has more maturing (physically and mentally to do).

Be good to hear your take, and point out what I'm oversighting/misjudging.

Reactions: oates

MDFC Manager

What is the obsession on here with writing Amad off? Do folk see him as some kind of poster boy for Ole?

He’s looked really impressive when he’s played, his only problem is being small. I just don’t get it.
It's funnier when Amad's videos from before he signed looked even better than this dude

RoLo

Honestly can’t decide whether he looks really good or pretty average from that.
He's a tough one to judge isn't he. He looks a little clumsy and ungraceful at times when receiving the ball but then his touch, balance and feet look excellent when he's on the ball. Quite unorthodox in his running style and body shape.

I think it's his physique and height that make him look a bit awkward but he makes it work in the highlight videos so more power to him. I'd be interested in seeing him unedited over 90 mins to see if these moments have been cherry picked. Darwin Nunez shows how the same player can either look like the reincarnation of Marcelo Salas or a donkey in a wig depending on how clips are curated.

Tarrou

This guy has been right about almost everything and I've been following him for almost 2 years now. If we sign Sesko, expect good things.
alright this is no joke now, we need to sign this fecker

Pickle85

What is the obsession on here with writing Amad off? Do folk see him as some kind of poster boy for Ole?

He’s looked really impressive when he’s played, his only problem is being small. I just don’t get it.
One for another thread but he has definitely not looked really impressive when he's played for the first team. He's looked fine at times and out of his depth at others.

phelans shorts

One for another thread but he has definitely not looked really impressive when he's played for the first team. He's looked fine at times and out of his depth at others.
Yeah I’ll not derail this one, all I’ll say is really impressive is within the context of “18 year old just moved from Italy and going through something of a identity crisis”. He’s not looked a surefire starter but with the first team he’s already showed he’s got something more than say, Elanga has.

Status
Not open for further replies.