Berbatov | Fulham player

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
I would actually play him as an attacking midfielder in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation. Spares him the agony of statistical nutcases and he gets to create chances and have the ball in dangerous spaces, where our current players lack the brains to unlock defenses and simply pass it sideways before crossing it from the flanks. De gea, rafael, rio, vidic, Fabio, fletcher, nani, young, berbs, hernandez, Rooney
No chance we will ever play this.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
........................De Gea.......................

Jones.......Smalling..........Vidic..........Evra

................Cleverly.....Anderson.............

Nani.................Berbatov...............Young

........................Rooney.......................

I would quite like to see that team given a couple of games, doubt it will happen though. :(

BaldwinLegend

........................De Gea.......................

Jones.......Smalling..........Vidic..........Evra

................Cleverly.....Anderson.............

Nani.................Berbatov...............Young

........................Rooney.......................

I would quite like to see that team given a couple of games, doubt it will happen though. :(
Looks good to me - just the fact that there's an old head in the team makes sense after Sunday's headless chicken show.

Looking forward to seeing Carrick, Valencia and Giggs on the bench, too.

brad-dyrak

........................de gea.......................

Jones.......smalling..........vidic..........evra

................cleverly.....anderson.............

Nani.................berbatov...............young

........................rooney.......................

yes!

I'm always right

feck me he's a grumpy bastard aint he? ha ha.

Can't believe how easily he got bullied off the ball tonight, especially when Rooney played him through.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not really forcing his way into the team although someone will tell me this is down to the rest of the team and it's their fault.

Sir A1ex

I thought he did OK for a while this evening... looked quite up for it, but then seemed to gradually lose interest. To be fair to him, by this point in the evening I was reduced to sticking pins in my eyes just for something to do, so I can hardly blame him.

I'm always right

I thought he did OK for a while this evening... looked quite up for it, but then seemed to gradually lose interest. To be fair to him, by this point in the evening I was reduced to sticking pins in my eyes just for something to do, so I can hardly blame him.
ha ha, felt the same.

forevrared

As bad as Anderson tonight I thought, half the team seemed to have a go at him for being lazy at some point.

humdinger

Agree, I thought he was bright at points, but then very poor at others. His shooting wasn't good enough, but some good link-up play.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
At least he actually did things with the ball, which he was supposed to do. Occasionally.

He made things happen when we decided to use him, and not resort to passing it between Rio, Evans, Rooney and Ando, the four of them alternating on losing the ball in dangerous positions.

Should've scored.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He seemed disinterested most of the time and pointed fingers at others for his own failings.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I chuckled a bit at his reaction when Nani went for that shot in the 2nd half instead of playing him in. Was a sort of "feck it, if no one else is gonna pass to me, Nani certainly ain't."

I'm always right

I must have saw a different game tonight. I thought he was OK and even worked back a bit.
He did O K, the bare minimum of ok though. He should've done better on plenty of occasions, he got bullied off the ball too often and he got frustrated, and quite frankly, Berba goes preeeeeety shit once he gets frustrated and for some reason he tried blaming every single other player on the pitch for it.

Orton

He did work back and was pretty decent, at times. The other times he just seemed angry at his team mates for not playing him the ball or simply disinterested in the game.
I'd be angry too if i was standing unmarked in the box and instead the ball was passed to the only player in the team that doesn't know how to shoot.

I'm always right

Mixed bag tonight. For all his flouncing, him and Hernandez were our best attacking players, by a margin. Valencia was mediocre and Nani was shite.
I'm surprised you're distinguishing between Nani and Valencia because both were quite frankly dog poo.

Valencia's goal maybe gives him 0.0001 of a better rating, shocking displays from our wingers.

BaldwinLegend

Mixed bag tonight. Frustrating at times but some good stuff too. Involved heavily in all our best attacking football. For all his flouncing, him and Hernandez were our best attacking players, by a margin. Valencia was mediocre and Nani was shite.
Didn't see the game tonight so disappointed to read that...

What the feck is it with him and his inconsistency? This team would be totally different with a Nani at the top of his game steaming through the opposition - would make light of a lot of the problems we're carrying at the moment.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm surprised you're distinguishing between Nani and Valencia because both were quite frankly dog poo.

Valencia's goal maybe gives him 0.0001 of a better rating, shocking displays from our wingers.
Goal aside, Valencia linked up well with Jones and put in a few crosses. Bugger all else, admittedly. Nani's main contribution seemed to be trying to pick out the opposing player in the most dangerous position.

Ineffective > Liability.

A grade

The Languid One
Lurking in Berba's receeding hairline, stroking my
FFS, he had an OK match. He did have some chances, and he was left open a number of times but no one would pass to him, instead people were giving the ball away or trying to score themselves. I am really getting tired of Nani and his selfish attitude. Never liked him and never will, just because he is and always will be a Ronaldo wannabe.

Dave89

Thought he did OK, but he needs more games for his confidence.

Orton

FFS, he had an OK match. He did have some chances, and he was left open a number of times but no one would pass to him, instead people were giving the ball away or trying to score themselves. I am really getting tired of Nani and his selfish attitude. Never liked him and never will, just because he is and always will be a Ronaldo wannabe.
:rolleyes:

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
And this is the problem again for me. He did not look like a player desperate to be given a chance.

Why?

I can excuse missed chances or sloppy passing. But its him looking so disinterested at times that I cannot forgive.

A few times in the 2nd half he lost it and just stolled around without even a flinch to win it back. Once there was a half decent move building and he was in front of the play and didnt try to get onside - in fact I could hear a few groans in the crowd at that moment.

The most frustrating player that I can recall playing for us. That will be how I remember Berbatov

Sojiro

Formerly MST3K
"Sometimes you're not sure about a player,&qu
Mixed bag tonight. Frustrating at times but some good stuff too. Involved heavily in all our best attacking football. For all his flouncing, him and Hernandez were our best attacking players, by a margin. Valencia was mediocre and Nani was shite.
well put as usual pogue. More frusterating his is constant moaning at things/players. Just bloody get on with it.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
He should have finished two chances imo... I mean he tried to square it to Ando when he was clear on goal imo... Hernandez/Nani/Rooney would have tried the lob... The other one well again it shows that Berbs toe poke isn't really accurate, he had a bit of time too which I'd say an Owen type play could have done much better in those circumstances.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I only watched the second half- and for long periods i didnt see Valencia to be involved at all. Nani was bloody wasteful but at least i knew he was on the pitch.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was poor. Sure, he has a great touch so gets involved in some nice buildup play but it's a bit pointless when he's having a day when pretty much nothing was coming off. He'd make a decent run to stretch the defense but get out muscled and lose the ball tamely. He'd get into a good position and not even get his shot on Target. He'd receive the beauty of a ball from hernandez to either score or provide Anderson with a tap in but he'd take too long decide and lose the chance.

He wasn't as bad as Anderson of course who by the end couldn't complete passes but berbatov just had 'one of those days' and I felt for him. Was hoping he could score a few and get his confidence up and put himself in the reckoning again

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I must have saw a different game tonight. I thought he was OK and even worked back a bit.
Should have played a simple one two with Anderson to put him through on goal at one point when it was still 1-0. Really poor effort to take the shot after Anderson had done all the hard work to put the ball at his feet and move into a position to create a better goal scoring opportunity.