Berbatov | Fulham player

Varun

Staff
He's had a lot but I don't think as much as Berba.
He has it worse imo. Berba, we all feel never quite lived upto our expectations of him and accept that he's just a good player that doesnt really fit the way we play. a good player nonetheless.

carrick though gets a whole different level of shit here. getting compared to scott parker is bad enough but to be told that he's actually worse is taking things to a whole different level for example. Carrick really splits the caf as to how good a player he is and quite a few here really underrate him, thats never been the case with berba. atleast we have a consensus on him.

Shimo

It's easy to understand why we extended Owen, Fergie wasn't quite sure on Welbeck, probably most of us weren't sure if he'd be up for anything more than a few games outside of cup games and coming in when we had injury issues.

We also knew that Chicha would not start the season - so that left Rooney, Berba and Owen

That Welbeck has done so well right from the start is why the question is being raised as to why the heck did we extend Owen and then not look to sell Berbatov. Maybe in hindsight Fergie might think otherwise but, you know what they say about hindsight.

What it has left us with though is a fantastic set of strikers, which as a supporter, not going to complain about.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's had a lot but I don't think as much as Berba.
To be fair, Berbatov is a lot more talented than Carrick. People will always be more let down by someone who has that sort of ability but don't live up to expectations.

As for Berbatov's current predicament, he's more of Rooney back up IMO. I'd play Rooney/Berbatov with Hernandez/Welbeck. And I think anyone wanting to be first choice would rather be int he second set than the first.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He scored the most winners in the league last season. I don't understand when people try to take away the fact that he played well for us last season.
im not trying to take away from his talent, he is a good player and one thats probably too good to be on the bench

but his goals come in bursts and maybe fergie is looking for a man that can give him consistent form and a consistent goal threat. A la yorke or cole.

Berba goes in and out of form too much and when he's not scoring his head drops. He's a smashing player no doubt about it but I think his languid style and his apparent lack of self confidence at times doesnt do him any favours.

If someone offers a few million for him in january he will be sold I reckon.
Anything in the region of 10 million!

Neutral

BTV
I doubt it...if we were going to listen to offers, we would have done it in August, when PSG were definitely interested.

He'll be here till the end of the season at the very least.

Cina

He's too good to be a 4th choice striker. If an offer comes he'll probably try and force himself out.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's easy to understand why we extended Owen, Fergie wasn't quite sure on Welbeck, probably most of us weren't sure if he'd be up for anything more than a few games outside of cup games and coming in when we had injury issues.

We also knew that Chicha would not start the season - so that left Rooney, Berba and Owen

That Welbeck has done so well right from the start is why the question is being raised as to why the heck did we extend Owen and then not look to sell Berbatov. Maybe in hindsight Fergie might think otherwise but, you know what they say about hindsight.

What it has left us with though is a fantastic set of strikers, which as a supporter, not going to complain about.
Because other than Rooney and Berbatov, our other strikers aren't good enough to play alone upfront.

Berbatov will only play when Rooney is injured or rested, which is hopefully seldom.

mu77

How dare you! Facts have no place in the Berba thread! :D
fact - fergie has made him 4th choice
fact - hasn't scored in europe in years
fact - rvn scored 20 and was cut free the following year
fact - fergie has no qualms in cutting heads

should be playing - but elsewhere. he played well last year but it appears the clubs moved on. it's happened before and will happen again.

Chiring

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed he is happy and loves representing the club.

Despite finishing as last season's joint-top Premier League scorer, Berbatov has struggled to get playing time and has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

However, the 30-year-old stressed he and his family are content with life in Manchester and that he fails to find a fault with the local cuisine and weather.

"I'm happy here," Berbatov told MUTV. "My family is together in Manchester. I hear people complain about the weather, there's nothing to do and the food.

"But, for me, it's not like that. I play for a club I love, the biggest club, and everything else doesn't matter."

The Bulgarian also touched on the first time he learned that the Red Devils were interested in signing him through his agent Emil Danchev.

He added: "He called me to say we have interest from Manchester United. I said, 'Don't joke with me,' but he said he was serious.

"So I was speechless. When the biggest club contacts you, it's a big deal for me coming from a small country like Bulgaria."

Shortly before joining Sir Alex Ferguson’s side on transfer deadline day three years ago, Manchester City reportedly lodged an offer for his signature, and Berbatov explained why he snubbed the blue half of Manchester.

"My mind was always set on joining Manchester United," he said.

"How can you not go to United? I don't play for money. I play for glory and winning championships.”

Unam333

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov has revealed he is happy and loves representing the club.

Despite finishing as last season's joint-top Premier League scorer, Berbatov has struggled to get playing time and has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford.

However, the 30-year-old stressed he and his family are content with life in Manchester and that he fails to find a fault with the local cuisine and weather.

"I'm happy here," Berbatov told MUTV. "My family is together in Manchester. I hear people complain about the weather, there's nothing to do and the food.

"But, for me, it's not like that. I play for a club I love, the biggest club, and everything else doesn't matter."

The Bulgarian also touched on the first time he learned that the Red Devils were interested in signing him through his agent Emil Danchev.

He added: "He called me to say we have interest from Manchester United. I said, 'Don't joke with me,' but he said he was serious.

"So I was speechless. When the biggest club contacts you, it's a big deal for me coming from a small country like Bulgaria."

Shortly before joining Sir Alex Ferguson’s side on transfer deadline day three years ago, Manchester City reportedly lodged an offer for his signature, and Berbatov explained why he snubbed the blue half of Manchester.

"My mind was always set on joining Manchester United," he said.

"How can you not go to United? I don't play for money. I play for glory and winning championships.”

That's why he's one of my favorite United players. Love this guy. I hope he'll be more involved in future games.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Thing is about Berbatov, he's not really like Owen in that his best days are past him. He's still got alot to offer to a club that will play to his strengths and there would be a list of clubs with a genuine chance at trophies that would sign him in a second. So why piss the best years of your career away on the bench?

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
I am one of his biggest fans and even I think, he should move on.

I believe he will be remembered for his superb vision, first touch and control of the ball and more than anything for his attitude towards club and fans.

I don't know what his idea for the future is, or Sir Alex' but I can't see him get any more playing time unless Rooney gets injured (knocking on wood).

Berba deserves better and like Scot the Red said, if you love him you have to let him go

EricaNo7

I am one of his biggest fans and even I think, he should move on.

I believe he will be remembered for his superb vision, first touch and control of the ball and more than anything for his attitude towards club and fans.

I don't know what his idea for the future is, or Sir Alex' but I can't see him get any more playing time unless Rooney gets injured (knocking on wood).

Berba deserves better and like Scot the Red said, if you love him you have to let him go
I too am one of his biggest fans and even though I've been fighting his corner for three years, I can't see where he's going to get many games this season - which is a good thing for United as it means our other strikers are performing.
I hate to say it as I would be so sad to see him go but he needs another club
where he will get first team football and where he can be adored , which he deserves. His attitude is marvellous, I can't see many others having the same attitude in the same position!

MUFCgal

His attitude is sensational, he geniunely loves this club and I think he'd happily see out the rest of his career here.

But I fail to see how many games he'll get. If he's happy sitting on the bench, getting a game here or there that's up to him. But a player of his ability really shouldn't be warming the bench, but that just shows the quality of the strikers we have and how they're performing when a player like Berbatov, who was our top scorer last season, can't get a game.

If he does indeed move on elsewhere in the near future, to me he'll be remembered as the main reason we won number 19, top scorer in that season and his performances were great.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He'll get a few more chances to perhaps convince the manager he should play more and stay at the club long term.
I think what he has to do is show alot more energy which isn't impossible for him and scoring wouldn't hurt either.

Commadus

I find it quite absurd that there are berba fans who put the interests if the player above the club. Sorry but Berba staying here even if he doesn't get much game time is good for the club as its a squad game. Saying he should leave which might be best for him but not the club is just wrong. SAF still wants him and hrs happy here and that's what matters.

Varun

Staff
He's unlikely to prove himself off the bench considering that he isnt even our 1st choice sub and rightly so. He's not a player that can make an impact off the bench. Seeing that we arent likely to start him in a league game anytime soon, i dont see how he's going to prove himself to anyone.

MacMUFC

I love Berbatov, but I think he should move on. Far too good to be on the bench.

He's - quite comfortably - got the best first touch I've ever seen.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I love Berbatov, but I think he should move on. Far too good to be on the bench.

He's - quite comfortably - got the best first touch I've ever seen.
Why would you want a top player to move on when he is ok with his status? Weird

quethenoo

I find it quite absurd that there are berba fans who put the interests if the player above the club. Sorry but Berba staying here even if he doesn't get much game time is good for the club as its a squad game. Saying he should leave which might be best for him but not the club is just wrong. SAF still wants him and hrs happy here and that's what matters.
Precisely what I was thinking. Why don't we let berbatov worry about whats best for him.

Zen

Always been a cool laid back guy tbh. Like the polar opposite to Tevez in nearly every regard.

I'd prefer Owen, Macheda and Diouf to leave rather than him. Four forwards of Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck and Berba is a great mix.

MacMUFC

Why would you want a top player to move on when he is ok with his status? Weird
i dont get this either. he wants to stay but his fans want him to leave as he's too good for the bench :wenger:
boo fecking hoo. we've got plenty of younger players coming through that should be playing regular football, so in my eyes its only right than an extremely gifted player who has been here for 3 years and hasn't completely adapted to our style of play and finds himself on the bench moves on.

MacMUFC

Yes i do but ultimately i want the best for Man Utd and him staying is good for us.
Him staying is holding the likes of Welbeck and Hernandez back who deserve regular playing time above Berbatov.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Him staying is holding the likes of Welbeck and Hernandez back who deserve regular playing time above Berbatov.
Have you been sleeping this season ? In what way Berbatov's presence hindered Welbeck and Hernandez ?
They are in front of him in the pecking order clearly so your comment is a bit weird