Berbatov or Henry?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
GlastonSpur said:
He is. Plenty of people agree with that assessment.

You reckon that Drogba and Rooney are better, and I assume that since you're an Arsenal fan you'd put Henry above him. Even if accept all that for the sake of argument, who else is better? Even if you name 2 or 3 others, that would still put Berbatov in the top 7 around the world.
This is the best post in the whole thread. :lol:
Good lord!
Top 7 in the world?! No-one is denying that Berbatov is a very good player but you are clearly just taking the piss now.
Seriously, i can't believe i'm bothering...but off the top of my head - 10 better strikers.

Rooney
Ruud
Henry
Villa
Eto'o
Drogba
Totti
Suazo
Ibrahimovic
Crespo

Suedesi

Berb is class, but this players are all better than him, currently -

Ruud
Ronaldo
Drogba
Messi
Tevez
Crespo
Toni
Henry
Totti
Sheva
Eto'o
Ronaldinho
Rooney
Ibra
Inzaghi

Btw you can't say Berb is better than Henry by quoting imaginary transfer prices. Obviously Henry has a shorter shelf life for one and so your economic present value analysis should take that into consideration.

A fairer question would be, who would take on loan for a year, today?

Henry is the obvious answer.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Berbatov is better than RVN, Rooney, Henry and Totti? :lol:
No one has said that Berbatov is better than all of these - you've just invented a statement simply in order to sneer at it .. what a strange thing to do.

reddevilcanada

No one has said that Berbatov is better than all of these - you've just invented a statement simply in order to sneer at it .. what a strange thing to do.
you've already said on quite a few occasions that he's better than rooney and henry (hint would be in this thread), and post 272 reveals a little bit more.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
.. 10 better strikers.

Rooney debateable
Ruud agree
Henry agree
Villa not better than Berbatov
Eto'o not better than Berbatov
Drogba agree
Totti not better than Berbatov
Suazo not better than Berbatov
Ibrahimovic not better than Berbatov
Crespo flopped in the Prem and not better than Berbatov
So that's just 3 from your list - all of whom have proven themselves in the toughest league in the world (the Prem) - who are better than Berbatov in my book.

Must try harder.

KingEric7

So that's just 3 from your list - all of whom have proven themselves in the toughest league in the world (the Prem) - who are better than Berbatov in my book.

Must try harder.
Give the man a tagline. You are one of the biggest spastics i have ever encountered on this forum.

Rooney debateable
Ruud agree
Henry agree
Villa not better than Berbatov
Eto'o not better than Berbatov
Drogba agree
Totti not better than Berbatov
Suazo not better than Berbatov
Ibrahimovic not better than Berbatov
Crespo flopped in the Prem and not better than Berbatov
That is one of the most blind and biased replies i have ever seen. I mean, we are blinkered when it comes to United discussions, but this is just insane! :lol:
You're a bigger WUM than Gillespie! :lol:

roonaldo78

Must try harder.
Berbatov better than Villa, Totti and Eto'o? They have all proved themselves at the highest level, something which Berbatov hasn't done yet.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
you've already said on quite a few occasions that he's better than rooney and henry ...
No I haven't - let's see the quotes if you insist on saying otherwise.

I've said that it's debateable as to whether Rooney is better than Berbatov, which is quite different from saying Berbatov is better than Rooney.

And I've also said that, in terms of which player would make the better signing now for a club manager (all things considered like age, injuries, attitude etc), Berbatov would be preferred over Henry, which again is quite different from saying that Berbatov is a better striker than Henry.

Maybe you should learn to read what is actually written, instead of seeking to twist things to suit your own ends

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Berbatov better than Villa, Totti and Eto'o? ...
Actually I said that none of them is better than Berbatov. That doesn't necessarily mean that Berbatov is better than them. Has it ever occurred to you that some players can be on par with each other?

... They have all proved themselves at the highest level, something which Berbatov hasn't done yet.
None of them has proven themselves in the Prem, the toughest league in the world.

PS. Berbatov has already played in the Champions league, was the 2nd highest goal-scorer in the Bundesliga before coming to Spurs and has a phenomenal goal scoring record in international matches.

KingEric7

Come on then GlastonSpur.
Tell the caf.........
How is Berbatov better than Villa, Eto'o, Totti, Suazo, Ibrahimovic and Crespo?
Because from where we're standing, that could sound like a wildly autistic thing to say.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Eto'o and Villa not better than Berbatov you definitely are on Planet Sp**s
Instead of spraying out snide remarks, you'd be better off trying to provide evidence that either of these two is better than Berbatov.

Gillespie

Pitying all you northerners doomed to a life of cu
Are there any fans more delusional than those from Shite Hart Lane?

Their team has been so abject for so long harbouring delusions of grandeur despite the constant feast of mediocrity over the past 15 years.

Hardly surprising I suppose that having had no top players since Klinsmann that when a half decent player (Berbatov) comes along he is suddenly regaled by wankers such as GS as the second coming?

It's like placing tripe and onions in front of a starving man........he's bound to think it the most wonderful treat.

Oh and BTW......feck off GS you scum cnut

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Come on then GlastonSpur ...
How is Berbatov better than Villa, Eto'o, Totti, Suazo, Ibrahimovic and Crespo?..
Once again, why don't you read what is actually written?

I said that none of these players is better than Berbatov. That doesn't necessarily mean that Berbatov is better than all of them. Is this too difficult a concept for you to grasp?

KingEric7

Once again, why don't you read what is actually written?

I said that none of these players is better than Berbatov. That doesn't necessarily mean that Berbatov is better than all of them. Is this too difficult a concept for you to grasp?
I'll rephrase then, shall I?

How is Berbatov, in any way, on the same level as Villa, Eto'o, Totti, Suazo, Ibrahimovic and Crespo? How is Berbatov not inferior to these players?
Come on then mastermind, elaborate.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
This thread is hilarious.

The best WUMming on the caf for at least a year.

Glaston has yet to tell anyone why Berbatov only managed 12 league goals and was outscored by players such as Kevin Doyle, Benni McCarthy, Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and only drew level with Yakubu and Kuyt... all players he is infinitely superior to considering Glaston is now putting Berbatov on par with Samuel Eto'o, Hernan Crespo and David Villa :wenger::lol:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Give the man a tagline. You are one of the biggest spastics i have ever encountered on this forum.
And you seem the kind of poster who thinks that hurling out cheap personal insults from behind the safety of their keyboard is somehow a substitite for good argument, good reasoniing and evidence.

I have news for you sunshine - it ain't.

KingEric7

You still haven't answered my question. Stop trying to evade answering by coming up with a completely irrelevant post.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
And you seem the kind of poster who thinks that hurling out cheap personal insults from behind the safety of their keyboard is somehow a substitite for good argument, good reasoniing and evidence.

I have news for you sunshine - it's ain't.
You've provided none. And also skipped my responses to you entirely... coincidentally.

dan_alex

GlastonSpur, can you honestly not see how blind and blinkered you are by stating that Villa, Eto'o, Totti and Rooney are not better than Berbatov. Frankly mate they are all on a another level to Berbatov, and I'm sure 95% of the people on this forum would agree.
Not only that but this whole topic is difficult to debate, because no-one has really seen Henry play, without injury problems, or playing at peak fitness for over a year. Right now you are essentially asking who would you rather have, an inury plagued Henry or a hugely in form Berbatov. Even then people are saying they would rather have Henry.
Not only that, but this whole debate stems from a thread debating if Spurs will flop next season. You're line of argument against this was that your "forward line is the best in the Premiership". Even though it is not the best in the Premiership, it is a very good forward line. However you're midfield is weak, you have an injury plagued central defence, and you're goalkeeper is very overrated and error prone.

roonaldo78

Actually I said that none of them is better than Berbatov. That doesn't necessarily mean that Berbatov is better than them. Has it ever occurred to you that some players can be on par with each other?

None of them has proven themselves in the Prem, the toughest league in the world.

PS. Berbatov has already played in the Champions league, was the 2nd highest goal-scorer in the Bundesliga before coming to Spurs and has a phenomenal goal scoring record in international matches.
How are Villa, Eto'o and Totti on the same level as Berbatov? Berbatov had one good season in the Prem and he is already on the same level as Villa, Eto'o and Totti who have had several successful seasons?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I'll rephrase then, shall I?

How is Berbatov, in any way, on the same level as Villa, Eto'o, Totti, Suazo, Ibrahimovic and Crespo? How is Berbatov not inferior to these players?
I've already given a lot of info. about Berbatov in this thread. You're the one claiming that all of the above strikers are better than Berbatov, not me. So why don't you provide the evidence to back up your claim?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
You've provided none. And also skipped my responses to you entirely... coincidentally.
I've provided plenty of reasoning and info. in this thread, as well you know.

I've also responded to many of your posts - along with those of dozens of others.

It's clear we are not going to agree on the Henry-Berbatov 'better signing now' question, so let's just leave it at that.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Christ, this thread is still going strong ... Just so you all know, it's pure WUMery ... it's got to be right?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
... Glaston has yet to tell anyone why Berbatov only managed 12 league goals and was outscored by players such as Kevin Doyle, Benni McCarthy, Darren Bent, Mark Viduka and only drew level with Yakubu and Kuyt ...
I don't need to explain why Berbatov, who scored 23 goals, made 15 assists during the season and played sublime football (which anyone with half a brain would know if they'd seen him in action) is better than Viduka, Yakubu, Doyle etc. It's blindingly obvious.

So if you think these players are better than Berbatov, then the onus is on you to explain why.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I've provided plenty of reasoning and info. in this thread, as well you know.

I've also responded to many of your posts - along with those of dozens of others.

It's clear we are not going to agree on the Henry-Berbatov 'better signing now' question, so let's just leave it at that.
You've steered well clear of two main bodies of text directed at you.

Chosing Henry or Berbatov isn't a big deal. People make their choice and that's it. But you're reasoning and constant overrating of Berbatov opens you up to all kinds of questioning and, dare I say it, ridicule.

You can't even answer why Berbatov, this world great, by your reckoning, is on par with Dirk Kuyt and Yakubu with 12 goals in his domestic league, why he was shite away from home, why he scored 1 solitary goal against the big 4 all season, why he has such an abysmal scoring record against the teams who finished in the top ten... and yet you're wittering on about him being on par with arguably the best strikers in the world who regularly put home 20 league goals a season and score against all-comers.